People make fun of me all the time. Why?

My whole life people have called me "an ugly freak" I don't have many friends and the few friends and family who are close to me say I'm cute. Last week three boys asked me out as a joke, which cut to the core. I'm turning eighteen and I've never had any intrest shown in me romantically and even my doctor has suggested plastic surgeries and dieting. I know I shouldn't be all "mememememe"... but I want to know are my friends and family patronizing me? Am I really ugly?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Your face in the picture you posted here is definitely not ugly. It must be something else or everyone around you who says negative things are just not the right people for you. I know it's hard to keep your head up when being made fun of but it's something you gotta develop. Takes time. Instead of putting all your time into focusing on your look and how others treat you try focusing on other important parts of life. Like your skills and career. Look for the positives. In other words, get your mind off the negatives by finding and focusing on the positives. All the negativity surrounding you will go away eventually.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't understand any of this. You're totally cute! You've got killer cheek bones and such a nice smile. I think you're made fun of because of jealousy and immaturity, it really is not a reflection of you, but of them. AND WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH YOUR DOCTOR. Are they an actual licensed individual? Just what. They actually suggested surgery to you? That blows my mind.

What Guys Said 17

• I mean, before you mentioned your age, I assume you were in your twenties. Maybe that's why people haven't had an interest in you... YET.

But I dunno.

• You are not ugly at all and I'm being honest. These are just immature "children" calling you this. I think you are actually very pretty.

• That's crazy! Your honestly not even close to ugly I think your good looking, sorry that has happened to you!

• I think you look pretty. You have a nice smile. Kids in high school just get joy out of making fun of others.

• Can't find uglyNess in this pic lmao :3 maybe you need to find more mature guys

• You've got a friggin' crazy doctor. You're lovely. Love your smile.

• I don't know what their problem is but take no notice. You're a very pretty girl. How could your doctor recommend plastic surgery? For what?

• I made a mistake and mis-clicked

You're pretty cute, so I doubt it's your looks

• You look good to me! Any guy would be crazy to think otherwise.

• No you're absolutely beautiful I would date you in a second make you feel like a princess.

• no you are not, ignore them :D

• I think you look a bit like Emily Browning, who is BEAUTIFUL, so yeah you're a looker in my opinion

• You're no ugly freak. You're pretty, and kind of cute.

• You're very pretty in fact. People probably don't know how to handle how you act.

• Those who say you're ugly are really very jealous of you, because you're beautiful! <3

• They are just jealous.

• Your actually pretty attractive and I feel really sad for you don't let them get to you ):

What Girls Said 10

• Wtf kinda doctor do you have? Time for a new one. Your so cute. Personally your really pretty and I'd definitely want to get to know you if I saw you in a coffee shop. Your super cute. I don't get why people have said such things. You definitely don't deserve it nor do you look ugly. They need to bugger off.

• You're really not ugly.
    It's actually surprising that everyone's acting this way towards you because there's simply nothing wrong with you.

• You're cute, maybe it is your fashion sense

• Those people are ugly not you.

• You're not ugly at all

• im ugly and I've never heard from anyone one calling me "an ugly freak"... it's either you're asking for attention or you're mentally sick ew

• It's a translation... most of the kids in my school don't speak English. I didn't think the Russian and Chinese would carry through well. I don't think you're ugly you have pretty eyes I think.

• It's called jealousy !

• They are crazy and you are adorable :)

• Who is looking at you? Ur hot af

• I don't know why anyone would call you ugly... you are not ugly at all, in fact I'm sure many people would find you attractive