Being transgender, am I passing at all?

I recently came out as being a transgender woman (well obviusly after creating this profile which is why I have male profile) and I was wondering how passing do you guys think I am because after some positive feedback I've received some very negative feedback and I wonder how I'm doing, realistically speaking. So please, be brutally honest, I don't want a drop of sugar coating. I'm not looking for an ego stroke. I'm looking for feeback as cold and objective as possible. Like a robot would do. And please don't deviate from my question. Also if you're really kind, please give me some advice on what to change.Being transgender, am I passing at all?

• Not passing at all
  • Barely passing
  • Mildly passing
  • Completely passing

Most Helpful Girl

• Id say just barely. Your makeup helps a lot to define features that make your face more feminine. However you kinda have a very prominent Adams apple and it's going to draw attention to itself and detract from your face. Don't ever duck face. Ever. I think maybe if your brows were softer it would offset your sharp features. Some texture and color to your hair and a new style might also help soften your features. Of course there are females with sharp features but you're trying to sell the fact that you're a girl so.

• Thank you for the info. Yes, I admit my Adam's apple is a bit visible, so I guess scarves and turtlenecks will be my best friends until I get a chance to shave it. I;ll also see what can I do about my hair, Thank you for the support.

• Well I don't profess to be a professional hair stylist or anything. But in my opinion maybe try a longer hairstyle and maybe like a balayage with caramel/golden brown highlights? Def not like blonde or anything. It looks like your hair would be wavy if you grew it out so play to that.

• Ok, thank you. Yes, it's a touch wavy. I'll try growing it up again and see how it goes. I grew it before taking estrogen up to below shoulders, but it looked very raggedy and unkempt (also probably due to the fact that I almost always wore it in a pony back then), but I'll try it again, it definitely improved since taking estradiol. So balayage with caramel highlights, Makes sense as balayage is meant to make the hair look softer. Ok thank you for the tips.

Most Helpful Guy

• your jawline looks a bit masculine and your eye brows are a bit thick which doesn't help and lastly i can clearly see a adam's apple which doesn't help you pass at all either. sorry you wanted honestly there it is

• It's alright. We're discussing and I said I didn't want sugarcoating. Ok, so the Adam's apple is what bothers me the least, I know it's not very feminine to have one, but hey, butch women do, like Sandra Bullock and I'm certainly butch, even though I'm transgender so that's alright. My eyebrows were actually plucked too thin and then penciled very clumsily but I can fix that as well. Well, it seems I'll only have to do something about the jawline, either learn to contour it or if nothing else have surgery. I guess all in all I actually have potential, according to what you said at least.

What Girls Said 17

• in my opinion, i truly think you actually look pretty good! i mean you aren't completely, i don't know if it is just bc ik you are a boy so i can see it more or if ur just not completely there yet. I think definetly. just make sure to stay up on contouring ur with makeup and do your hair. In a couple of the pictures your eyebrows were looking a little eh but in others they look good so just make sure to keep those up bc if they get too big and bushy then it looks bad. Maybe, when you can or ready, start wearing some girl clothes. I don't know how far along you are but clothes can really help someone.

• I love your hair! Also i feel like if you wanted you could definitely pull off a brighter lipstick even red. (;
    Maybe its the light in the first picture and last few, but I'd try maybe some blush? I think you pull it off. Your verry pretty!
    I hope your happier now (:

• first of all, you are very pretty~ you have a lovely facial structure, and i think that the right haircut could help enhance it. perhaps a more-defined style, which can be achieved by just layering or shaping what you've got currently.

(i can also see you with caramel-toned highlights, or even an ombre style, as well)

why i voted c: from certain angles, your features are still a bit masculine, though that may change if you're taking hormones. the adam's apple can easily be concealed with a scarf, but duck face = no bueno.

• Thank you Nicole. Yes, I had some blush, but those pictures were taken after a sleepless night in a rush, so I didn't pay much attention to the lightning and everything. And yes, thank you, I'm very delighted to be confirmed.

• I can easily tell

• You'll never be passing because you'll never be a woman. Seek professional help.

• I find this incredibly insulting to real women.

• Besides, I ask again, how is this insulting?

usually the trolling profiles, leave

• You have very masculine facial features

• Hair highlights and maybe contouring would help :)

• I think in some poses you are completely and some your aren't at all... I'd say mildly.

• Oh, good to hear, which one is passing and why?

• the first one and the last 2. I think it is the way the camera is angled which makes your harsher masculine features less prominent.

• Currently, yeah I think I would pick up on it pretty quickly. However, I do think that there are things you can easily do to help improve. Watch some makeup tutorials and practice on your makeup some. It goes a long way.

• Adam's apple.

• You should start hormone therapy, if you have yet to started.

• I started 3 months ago. I'm currently taking 6 mg Estrofem (estradiol) and 200 mg Spironolactone, which should be decently strong.

• Yes, have you noticed any differences in your appearance? I know it takes a little while to see exaggerated difference. I wouldn't assume that you were a man from a small distance.

• Yes, I understand. And well I got small breast bumps and protruding nipples that were unbearably sensitive at first, but now they feel relatively comfortable , my face became a touch fuller and I've first lost some weight in muscle mass loss, but then regained it in some fat, also my appetite increased. That's pretty much what I experienced physically.

• No! I can totally tell you're a guy (which you are) so no you're not passing at all. Then again I can tell transgendered from real women or real men. Whatever you do and no matter how much help or hormone therapy that you do you will ALWAYS AND FOREVER BE A GUY!!! No you're not a woman! Well you feel like it so I guess but you're not one of us REAL WOMEN is what I mean. You Adams apple is an obvious giveaway. Same goes for your facial structure as well is an obvious giveaway. Anyways nope regardless of how many treatments I can still tell you're a guy. You can't hide it just be you!

• Those can be corrected by surgery, and yes, I am already a woman where it counts, the brain, and I'll bring he rest in alignment. Yet, you must hate yourself to behave like that. I mean if you wanted to put me down you should have done it in a less obvious way, but when you said what you did, you made it clear that you're a transphobe and just try to put me down. Also the fact that you don't show your profile may mean I'm prettier than you, which would also explain your attitude. In any case, enjoy!

• Also by looking at some transgender girls on youtube I'm sure you couldn't tell. Among them there are Stef Sanjati and Joules. They just have no give-away. So you can't tell everybody. Also once I started on this road tough chance I go back. Nothing will make me go back.

some women out there, are ts, and you would never know

• Personally, I don't support one transitioning. Either way you don't look female at all, you would need a lot of work done like those who pass do. But right now you just look like a guy who said " fuck you " to gender norms and likes to wear make up. But let me be very clear femininity has zero to do with makeup and dresses.

• Well, we all have to start somewhere. Aside from Stef Sanjati I don't know a single transgender girl that looked as a girl in the beginning of the transition, not even Joules or Brooke (you can find all of them on youtube, they have years long channels, with videos before starting their transition, and they didn't look feminine at all, now they do, you can't tell they're transgender just by looking at them).

• Well, all of our brains are unisex so femininity doesn't reside in the brain. but yea like hips and butt injections have to be added. either way the amount of stress that puts on your body after taking a massive amount of hormones that doesn't belong their is scary but surgeons don't want you to know that.

this answer is all sorts of fucked up

• I can't. You 'people' are so freaky

ts, are people too, just like black people are people, too

• You still look like a dude. Just being honest.

• nah girly, you look good. keep it up.

• you pass for a portuguese women, so yes you pass

What Guys Said 17

• In most of the pics, if I saw you on the street, I'd wonder if you were trans, but I wouldn't be sure. In #5, you actually look like my aunt when she was younger. In #2 and #3, you look like a dude. In those specific pictures, it's because your hairstyle just makes you look emo, rather than feminine.

I would definitely recommend waiting on the eyebrows. There something about the density of them on the interior that looks more masculine. Your jawline is, unfortunately, one that a lot of guys would kill to have. Your hairstyle in 1, 5-7, however, do a much better job of framing it in a way that draws less attention to it. Your makeup in those shots seems to blend it out too.

I'm not sure, but I feel like doing something with the color of your hair might help too. I don't know if it's just that women with hair that dark normally dye or highlight it, but I feel like I only see it on guys in their late 20s/early 30s before it starts going gray. But that could also be the lighting.

• you seem to use makeup well but outside of the makeup you just have a rather manly face structure... but keep doing what you're doing dude. glad you felt the time was right and you were comfortable coming out.

• You're doing very well.
    You'll need some girl parts in the chest area.
    Keep taking your hormones, obviously.
    Have you seen a makeup specialist yet?
    What about voice?

• My voice although slightly deep for a woman fits in the feminine register, I'm taken for a woman on the phone. I have small breast bumps, it would be too early yet to think of breast implants, but I'll see in about a year if I'm not happy with how much my breasts have developed by then, obviously I'll choose that option, but I'll need to see first how much they grow. And no, I haven't talked to a make-up specialist, I mostly watched tutorials and practiced on myself, but I think I will see one.

• Well, I expect you'll be shimmying around in heels in no time!
      You have another cheerleader!

• Thank you! I appreciate your support!

• The adams apple is a dead giveaway.

You'll need to get that surgically removed. I would also suggest a consultation with a plastic surgeon who specialises in this area to see what other facial alterations can be made.

You'll need a couple of years of hormone therapy and probably a boob job too before you can start tricking people and trapping the kind of D you want.

• You look disgusting. No go get your head examined, thoroughly.

• I did and I'm fine. Now listen here. I think your problem is that you have a small penis, smaller than mine and I'm a girl. But hey, c'est la vie, est-ce que ce? Certainly telling me those things isn't going to help you, you'll just come off as a frustrated prick. But kuddos for having the balls to do it openly. At least you didn't post it anonymously.

• Trust me I'd way rather have a small penis than try and convince people I was born without one

• That's exactly you and others here miss. Gender identity is in the brain, not the genitals. On most cases it matches, but in some it doesn't. And then human intervention is necessary. And what about intersex people? They rarely identify as pangender or androgynous, or gender-queer, they usually have a binary gender identity too, either male or female even though they have the parts of both, so this proves clear that genitals are independent from the gender identity.

• You have a rather lean looking face which is often associated with a masculine look. Females carry more bodyfat which gives there face a less defeined look in the cheek area.

Taking estrogen and progesterone over a period of time will also give you a softer skin and more feminine look.

• Bigger titties, a long pink wig, thinner eyebrows, pink eyeshadow, a nose job, adams apple removal surgery, stilettos, fishnets, hoop earrings and bam, I'd fuck you until you came from your dick :P

• I'll try to keep it as pc as I can here: You look like a dude, and a very weird one at that.

• I think the hair is what's making you still look like a girl a lot.

• fix your hair and eyebrows. Your hair is all fucked up and looks like a guys.

• Ok, what do you suggest about the hair (it's naturally wavy) straighten it or curl it, let it grow longer, dye it etc. What suggestions do you have?

• gotta use those amazing female hair care products. Go to a hair salon and explain to them you are trying to pass. Go to a good one. There are ones that have 100 dollar cuts. Go there.

• Ok, thank you. :)

• You pass more than most I know. I'd probably date ya.

• Not much
    If and only if they don't know

If they find out, that's all they'll see

• Your bone structure is a dead giveaway. What can you do anyway?

• Either surgery or learn make-up, of which I prefer the later.

• You look like a man but a pretty man

You'll have to do like Bruce and shave your apple

• I was just reading that you started HRT 3 months ago. You're doing very well so far, I think. You'll get even more feminine with time. Makeup was done well.
    I don't know what you sound like obviously, but one of the major keys to passability is your voice. Make sure you work on it when you can.

Also, I hope you don't find this inappropriate, but you need to massage your breasts as they continue to grow. It allows them to grow more evenly.

You are well on your way. I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully, you don't let some of the more rude responses to get to you.

• No, it's alright, I know those haters are just frustrated about something in their own lives and think they'll blow off some steam if they lash at me or bring me down in some way because they are down, but no, I just laught it off, especially when I read one of those patriarchal comments, those are by far the funniest.

• You look cool, actually.
    Hey let me know how you shed all you r facial and body hair, and got femaleblike skin?

• Hey thank you! Actually I didn't, but I shave my facial hair very closely each day, then apply a layer of orange concealer over the areas of my face that have hair, then I apply a thicker layer of panstick foundation over it, then fix it with translucent powder so it doesn't look too shiny or greasy. That's pretty much how people conceal their facial hair, but it can of course be removed with permanent hair removal like electrolysis, laser or intensely pulsed light. As for my body hair I didn't have much even before starting on hormones and now it's even weaker so I shave it with a body groomer and I look hairless, (a sort of electrical shaver designed for body).

• Cool , wow
      What about your genitals?
      Shrunk?

• No, definitely much lower libido, in the sense I don't feel like doing it at all, I certainly don't have any more random errections and would probably not be easy to lure into it, but no, not shrunk and fully able to stand and come, just not feeling the need for it. I don't know of in the long run they wilk shrink and I don't care too much. It's certainly not something I chose to have.

• I'd say barely passing at this point but with hormone therapy and plastic surgery it'll help