What are your thoughts on a hook nose?

I have a hooked nose with a slightly drooped tip and i absolutely hate it. It's literally always on my mind and just drains my energy all day because I feel like a fucking bird rather than a human, which by the way i have been called before. I hate myself so much and i especially hate the fact that i had no choice in being dealt these cards in my life. I have a pretty cute face and nice body, but my stupid nose ruins everything. I'm 23 and never dated a guy and it's not even about needing one, because I'm happy being single but it's so incredibly frustrating feeling less of a woman. All my friends talk to guys and have had boyfriends, and then there's me. I just want to be like any normal girl, receiving compliments and feeling like i matter to someone even if it's on the most basic level. Is that too much to ask for?

Honestly if I had a nicer nose I would be an easy 9/10 because of my body and the rest of my facial featuress. Sometimes I think it's a shame, guys really underestimate how hot I can be but in times like that I want to wait it out for the right person who accepts my nose and give him my absolute all. It's not like I have some kind of body image issue... no, I just know how pathetic looking my beak is.

I'm so ashamed of it, I feel like people always pity me for having such a hideous beak that just shits on my entire face. I'm just at a point where I can't take being this fucking ugly. No money or guts to go through with rhinoplasty, I literally don't know what to do anymore.

So anyway, the real question is how much does a nose matter in the grand scheme of things? Am I amplifying this issue for no reason? By the way my nose profile is kind of like Sofia Coppola (she has more of a prominent bump than me though) but kind of downturned like Jennifer Grey's except I would say her's is definitely a little more drooped. It's not all that big either. So is it my nose or my self conscious personality that deflects every single man on the planet away from me?

What are your thoughts on a hook nose?

By the way, it's not like i've never talked to guys before or been asked out, but it's not nearly close to anything worth considering. I've been asked out only twice in elementary school and once in high school. Never in college or anything like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• To be perfectly honest... The face is the first things a guy notice... then the breast... but so what it slightly damages your idea of the prefect face... get over it no one is prefect... I got a great body but a shit nose too it's big and been broken a few times and a scar on my eyebrow ,
    On which my brow is large... Do I like it? NO ! do girls find me cute... yea so I only worry about it when I'm taking a photo for the holiday... If it annoys you so much get rhinitis by saving up... but realize. If you can attract guys by ur looks you are set cause looks get the people but the Personality keeps them... Anyway no one is perfect and everyone wants to be prefect, but even the people with the prefect looks will have issues or have something to annoy them like too small of feet... it's human nature to want to be better all I know is I wish I got my dad's nose lol but when life gives you a hand be happy you at least got pairs and play.

• I love reading about people who choose to stay authentic, it gives me hope. Believe me, I want to accept it and truly be okay with what it is (and to be honest, I don't care much for nose shapes) but my situation with the whole boyfriend thing makes me feel like no one can ever accept it. No matter how independent you are, you will never want to face a possibility of "forever alone." Like when I view it as ugly, I'm not looking at it through my eyes but I'm seeing the way people will react to it since I've experienced ridicule before. Does that make sense?

• Sorry about the lateness... as stated before no one is prefect.. the idea of being media prefect is impossible.. the models are good looking girls that are loaded with 1000s of dollars. To be honest everyone has something that bugs them... know what it is and do something about it... a girl I sit next in class is good looking with the nose you described however yesterday she did something with her hair and cut it little wild... and I couldn't keep my eyes off of her for the whole class I don't know why she was just beautiful... Do something that grabs away from the nose. I can not personal help u well cause this is a inner mind issue but I gotta just guilty put get over it... your a girl use make up and clothing but honestly if it ain't huge no one going to notice it's all in ur mind

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always loved Jennifer's Grey's nose from Dirty Dancing. I think it gives her personality and sort of a wild look. Anyway, I don't like my nose either, it has a weird bump in the middle of it. But I've learned to accept it. I don't think your nose lowers your level of attraction, nor do I think that people pity you. In all reality, everyday people don't notice the little things that you may be self conscious about.

What Guys Said 8

• Nah !
    Not that big deal
    I knew a girl with hooked nose and I like the way she looks and if rest of your facial features are good then nose won't make that much of a difference
    I have a big nose and i can't do anything about it so just chill and be awesome :P

• When life deals you lemons, you make lemonade. When it deals you a hooked nose, you make a very thick bag to put over your head!

Just kiddin',! You need to get a grip! Jennifer Grey was SMOKIN' hot with a "hooked" nose! These things can actually add to a woman's beauty!

• I don't generally check out a womans' nose. I don't think very men do unless they're just unbelievably retarded. Confidence is key. As long as you believe you look good, others will too. Or at least notice your confidence

• I realize you are self conscious about it, but guys are going to look beyond your nose. If someone doesn't like you for your nose, they are an idiot and not worth your time.

• These pic examples aren't that bad to me. If you hadn't pointed it out I'm not sure how much I would've noticed. Definitely not deal breakers.

• Sometimes it can be hot

• I don't care about these things.

• Hook, line, sinker brah all good

What Girls Said 3

• It's not always bad as there's different levels of severity and dome are so slight and it depends on the face shape and rest of the persons features. Some women look good despite it and others not so but having it removed wouldn't necessarily make a person more or less attractive as it depends on the rest of the features and face.

I know a woman who looked hot with it and without and if you did get it done don't do it for anyone but yourself and don't let it affect your confidence either way. Also this friend has other problems eg breathing so had it done for that but she's drop dead gorgeous anyway!

• You sound like you might have slight Body Dysmorphia

• I honestly don't think I do. Not to sound cocky, but I like (possible even love) everything else about myself. I'm just realistic and I know my nose doesn't fall in line with the "pretty nose" norm.

• Body Dysmorphia can be just with one part of your body. I know because I used to have it, with my nose (deviated septum). It ruins your life and relationships.

"[BDD] is a mental disorder characterized by an obsessive preoccupation that some aspect of one's own appearance is severely flawed and warrants exceptional measures to hide or fix it"
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder

• My nose is long and trust me before I use to be so worry about it. I didn't have a boyfriend til I was like 18 .. My sisters would make fun of me. But after that I'm like fuck it ! Love yourself no matter what. Everyone has something they don't like.. No ones perfect. You just have to love your flaws. You're beautiful no matter what Hun ❤️