Why do my female coworkers say this?

They must be on crack or trying to take digs.
They tell me Im skinny.
I work in cosmetics so its very superficial and they all talk about diets and crap.
I am not obese o rnothing but I have a 27 inch waist and 43 inch hips. Kim Kardashian is a 40 inch hips and 26 inch waist!
unless Im being compared to obese people.. Im in no way thin.
It bothers me because I have tried for years to gain weight, because I was always very busty but thin on the bottom. I wore a size 00 in jeans. Now I am 43 inches in hips. I dont think thats anywehre near fat but its not thin either.
Do you think they are trying to take digs at me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ignore them. Probably just trying to get to you and it's working.

Most Helpful Girl

• They sound like they are being passive aggressive. You should tell them that your body is personal matters, and personal matters have no business being discussed at work.

What Guys Said 1

• Since when is telling someone they're skinny a bad thing?
    Unless she told you to gain weight and you're "too" skinny then it really doesn't matter.

Even if that wasn't the case, I'm sure in your 30+ years of living you came to the realization that a lot of women are competitive and try to being other women down.

• Nothing wrong at all with being thin!!! I find that lovely!!! but I am not thin. If having a 43 inch hips is thin than people who have a 35 inch hips are what? anorexic?

• I think there is something mentally wrong with a person who blurts out rude comments or has to constantly compete.
      Like I said, I work in a toxic environment.

• Okay so we've established that there is something mentally wrong with your coworkers and you work in a toxic environment.

Either move on, report their comment to HR, or quit and find a new job.
      You're a grown woman, you can't wear your heart on your sleeve.

What Girls Said 1