Is it really necessary for women to put make up on?

Just to look mor presentable and appealing to the opposite sex or even to look good for the same sex?

I heard these comments by some women. Why women can be natural and not wear make up, because women look prettier looking all natural and not put on some make up to hide their natural beatuy and people should understand that less is much better and the more natural the more beautiful they are. Also some say why hide and pretend someone they are not by wearing make up, it makes them more fake and it makes you look older by wearing make up.

Other women said the opposite that wearing make up is to enhance the beauty of the woman and at least you as a women should look presentable when going toa meeting toa party, reunions because if you are make up free and you are not a natural born beauty you may not look good and people won't even notice you. Also when you hit certain age your natural glow is not there anymore and your skin is not as a baby skin as it used to be and you h ave to enhnace your beauty in some way.

Most Helpful Guy

• The standards of beauty for women are usually much higher than for men. It's unfortunate, but it has reached a stage where 'natural' women are often not considered 'good looking'. But of course a lot of men (including myself) don't really bother about makeup on women.

• I know some men do not care about that but dont tell me men do not loke to see a attractive women even if she is wearing make up.

Most Helpful Girl

• The beauty standards are very high where you can't have any flaw because it becomes instantly repulsive (okay, exagerating, but you get it). Also, we are judged more based on our looks, so we need to be as beautiful as possible for the opposite sex to find us attractive.
    This was just what I have noticed, no hate.
    I still don't give a sh*t, I'm outside of the house with a makeup free face, acne and glasses. 😛

• Well u are still 17 but when u hit a certain age things are different.

• But this beauty standard with perfectly caked up face lives among us too, so there's no difference.

What Guys Said 6

• Not in my opinion. Most women are naturally beautiful. I think makeup is more for women and how they feel then looking good for guys. I always prefer little to no makeup on a woman. Yes women look beautiful with it (if not too much) but most look good without it to.

• Honestly, I feel as if women with minimal or no makeup look best. Just a personal preference. I know that I don't speak for everyone.

• I think women who aren't wearing makeup are prettier then ones who are

• Nope, not necessary.

• No not really

• No why would it be necessary to wear make up?

• Because when u are at work or u have a very professional job position a woman is a must to look good and presentable also as you age u need to cover a few things. No make up looks like the woman just rolled out of bed and it looks washed up.

• Well I want trying to be funny at all. I mean shouldn't men try and look good and hide flaws as women do?

• No make up on men doesn't look that he just rolled out of bed?

What Girls Said 2

• considering many if not most women under a certain age wear makeup, it redefines what an avg woman looks like such that the girl who won't wear it and isn't naturally on the more flawless end will look less attractive than she really is. so yes, to some extent it can be considered necesary to keep up or look clean/presentable (some people see it as upkeep like removing body hair, eyebrows waxed, hair cut with some style, dying gray hairs, etc).

• I love makeup, buying it, applying it and wearing it and I do so for myself. Women should be free to choose to wear makeup or not. Not all women who wear makeup do so for men, they wear it as they enjoy creating different looks or to bring out their best features. I'm almost 42 and don't look my age so I get away with wearing bolder looks rather than the muted neutral colours that the mature women are supposed to wear.