In terms of weight, do you go more by how your clothes fit or by the number the scale gives you?

These seem to be the two most dominant measures I hear in regards to weight.
One faction doesn't care how much they actually weigh, so long as their clothes are fitting to their liking.
Others adhere strictly to wanting to be at, under, or within a certain number range.

• How clothes fit
  • By the actual weight number
Interesting voting trend and responses so far.
Please. Continue. This is fascinating.

Most Helpful Girl

• My clothes, especially since I lift heavy weights. I only weigh myself a couple times a year, get depressed, then I look in a mirror and think "oh yeah I'm pretty hot still" lol

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• Both, but I place more "weight" (haha) in how my clothes fit. The scale can help keep you motivated because it's a more concrete indicator of weight loss. However, I've sometimes lost less weight on the scale, but been the thinnest in my clothes. That matters more to me.

• i won't lie, i weigh myself often obsessively due to habits from losing weight. ik i've hit a good weight although i'm not exactly how I want to look. I've started to see my goals as not weight oriented but clothes oriented nowadays.

my goal is to wear a cotton dress with no extra fat like this girl
    picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/...n+dress-grey-mini.jpg

• I use a scale. I wouldn't go by clothing size because I'm so tall that some of my stuff is plus sized just for the length 😂

• I weight myself sometimes, but if the number changes I don't give attention to it till I don't see a change in how I look/how do clothes fit.

• It's usually by how I look in the clothes that I wear more often. Most of my clothes - usually t-shirt, jeans, and shorts - fit me pretty well even though my actual weight is considered to be overweight. Many people have different muscle fat and the people you think is "fat" isn't really fat, but it's mostly muscle.

• I am quite literally obsessed with the number on the scale. It has to be under 100 otherwise I will automatically see myself as fat.

What Guys Said 4

• I go by how I look in the mirror tbh
    Scale is good for following trends

• I weigh 170 but fit in small shirts, its weird. I go by how clothes fit.

• I go by the scale.

• By how the clothes fit, obviously.