Why do attractive people (sometimes) think they are ugly?

Just asking, seems common on here

Updates:
Minus the attention seekers i already know why they do it.

0|0
20|12

Most Helpful Girl

• Several reasons. Maybe they weren't cute when they were younger and people were cruel to them so they grew up thinking they were defective.
    Or that they simply don't see their attractiveness

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 19

• Sometimes it's difficult to figure out the truth. For example, I've noticed a lot of people will rate obviously attractive people lower than I feel like they should be and then they try to give less attractive people a higher rating to boost their self esteem. Sometimes it's difficult to see whether a compliment is actually genuine or not. A lot of people will compliment you just to get on your good side.

0|1
    0|0
  • Insecurities. Usually stemming from parental or peer interactions as youths.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's odd but this is the conclusion I have come to

Attractive women are insecure and often think they are unattractive

Unattractive women think they are attractive

Attractive men either pride themselves on it or don't care

Unattractive men are really insecure and convince themselves they are attractive

1|0
    0|0
  • They must have been an ugly ducking when younger and made fun of for it, but later on grew into a swan without being aware of it because they're so use to being made fun of.

1|0
    0|0
  • Good question. Many are bullied because of jealousy reasons so a lot grow up thinking their unattractive. Maybe, people haven't been approaching them so they think they look bad. Tons of reasons. Like me, so many people told me i was too dark when i was growing up (among other things) and it made me self-conscious. Now, a lot of people contradict that statement.
    Take care!

0|0
    0|0
  • when I was 13, everyone called me ugly. guys and girls. my mom used to give me the most UGLIEST haircuts and I had no control of them either. so when the mean comments started I guess I believed them. and even now I'm insecure, i always feel like the ugliest girl in class. meanwhile guys stare at me left and right, some are even too scared to talk to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Society or their own mind has played a trick on them that they may not be making the cut somehow. Often, very attractive people think they are ugly and it's a bizarre irony I have yet to understand.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because lots of people are very insacure and have bad self esteem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone must have told them they are could be strangers or even family members and they just believe that they are, even when they fine asf

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people have low self esteem and some have distorted views of themselves

0|1
    0|0
  • They believe that they are ugly. Maybe someone told them that or they just don't look good enough for themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. I guess bc people are jealous and tell them that they're ugly. people tend to believe other people.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don t know I just feel as such sometimes :P

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say it's because people's perspectives are different. Even super hot people have issues with body image, sometimes even more than average people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes hot people just wanna be told they look good

1|0
    0|0
    • I know that part

• Or they get told they r ugly cuz people r jealous of them and they take those people srsly

• Attention seeking

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're fishing for compliments

0|0
    0|0
  • All my friends both on here and in real life say I'm attractive but I think I'm ugly coz I am

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I'll go anonymous because I feel self - praise is kind of too cocky. I'm Asian and according to Asia's standard I'm considered very pretty. Sometimes I feel like I'm ugly because I feel like people always approach me and I've never faced rejection and always been loved because I'm good looks wise. Sometimes I'll put a lot of my mind on that one little pimple that came out of blue or you know that one day when your complexion looks dull and your crush meets and you're like shit I'm all about my good looks - I looked awful will my face value decrease? Will he stop loving me? Shallow but the truth. Too much pressure on looks :)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• Because some attractive people were probably mingers when they were younger. As a result, they were often made fun of (which killed their confidence).

When they get older, they grow into their features and become attractive (ever heard of late bloomers). However, they still carry that scar from being made fun of.

This is why attractive people often need reassurance.

2|1
    0|0
  • Because these people tend to compare themselves with other attractive people a lot ! And there are degrees of high attractiveness, for example when it comes to models who are actually at the top of the league of looks.

Or they have a body dimorphic disorder which makes them imagine flaws they don't have in reality and therefore think they are ugly.

1|0
    0|0
  • No matter how attractive you are, everyone has their "ugly" days. Its a self esteem thing people have when things aren't going their way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because below avg people attack them, fit shame them, etc and they make the mistake of listening to them

0|0
    0|0
  • If someone is really attractive and they know it then they might get a bit full of themselves, which can be unattractive. Perhaps some people are just trying to be humble about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • because everybody is insecure XD doesn´t matter what you look like.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because most people when i was in grade school destroyed my confidence they called me ugly and all kinds of horrible names

0|0
    0|0
  • In your eyes, you may think that someone is attractive. To them, they may think that they aren't. Like me for example, I don't consider myself to be attractive, but someone else on earth probably does.

0|0
    0|0
  • Low self-esteem is probably the most practical answer

0|0
    0|0
  • because they need attention

0|0
    0|0
  • Coz they think they don't fulfill fuckin' media's standards...

0|0
    0|0