Could I be a model?

Ever since I was little I remember holding fashion shows for my parents and posing and stuff in my clothes I was like 4 though lol. I've always wanted to be a model. im 5'6 which is kinda short I know. But im still only 13 and can grow more. I have a slim figure thigh gap (not too big though) And a flat stomache I work out every weeked. Only thing is that I have braces. but whenever I get them off and grow taller do you think I could be a model? I already researched agencies nearby and Im gonna try to apply to all of them. Everyone at my school says I could never be a model but I was just wondering what people on the internet think? Oh and I do have my nose pierced but I can always take it out.Could I be a model?

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah, i think you could.
    some advice though?
    for every story you hear about a girl who loves modeling, you hear some story about a girl who... had less positive experiences.
    If, after you apply to agencies, you go to one, and things seem weird? Don't let yourself be a victim.
    A lot of people in the modeling/fashion/photography world, even the sexier elements, are very good people.
    But some of the people in the modeling/fashion/photography world, even in the most PG studios, exploit their position. Don't sign with anyone you don't trust, and don't be afraid to walk if things start getting funny!

What Guys Said 21

• you definitely could but i doubt you would make any substantial money. the business is soo competitive.

your facial structure is really good so if this is ur dream then workout 4-5 days a week and start taking ladyroids once you hit 18. ask the models on instagram for directions... seriously thats what it takes...

or you can be a sub par model and make some money here and there and struggle to survive... or you can be smart get a college degree and do some modeling on the side.. my reccommendation

• careful of fake agencies that will just make you turn up to pay for a photo shoot. also don't worry if you are unsuccessful: modelling agencies have incredibly high standards and generally choose women 5'8" and above. it doesn't mean you are not attractive if they don't choose you.

otherwise good luck :)

• You've asked this question before. While you are certainly a pretty girl, I don't think so. However, you are 13 and you may grow into a better looking young woman. Also, there is also parts modeling - hands, feet, mouth, eyes...

• I'm not a model agent and it's difficult to say just by that description and one pic, but you look gorgeous and since you are only 13 you will definitely still grow a bit. :)
    For a runaway model I think the minimum height is something around 5'7" - 5'-8", so you are not that far away and there are many different kinds of modelling

• I think so yeah. Your face is cute at least. Still look like a baby though : D. But that'll changed as you age I think.

• From what I can tell yes you've got it. Feel free to send me a message I might have something you'd be interested in.

• you might have something id be interested in? And what would that be?

• Modeling, however I won't divulge any specific details of it here for obvious reasons.

• then message me

• Maybe for a private photo company. I know for big model agencies they prefer females with sharper features (sharp eyes, jaw, nose).

• I think you could be.

• Sure why not... it is worth a try!

• Glam yeah runway fashion no

• Just talk to the agencies

• You look amazing :D you could totally be a model! What kind of modelling do you want to do?

• For sure,
    love your hair!

• Nothing wrong with trying, just have a plan B though.

• Quite possible, but throwing your money at modelling isn't the smartest thing to do

• Yeah nice height and good looks.

• yes you can your very pretty

• nope

• Nah...

• You look like you have potential so just give it time since you have to be older still

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Get an agent to put a portfolio together I did that. They take measurements and do photo shoots to see how you eespond to the camera. Lots of pretty girls aren't model material. Lots of plain girls are models. It is something the industry understands. There are many kinds of models runway and magazine and advertising and tradeshows and companies hire models to show new clothing lines at the corporate level to the store employees my mom did that for the gap my mom and cousin worked tradeshows iN San Francisco introducing tv shows and product lines. My mom was the size 8 bootie for the Gap jeans she worked for the president of the Gap and none of the models filled the jeans right so he had my mom do it and Bingo she filled then perfectly.

• 5'6" is too short for runway modelling, but I don't think it's an issue with the other types of modelling, especially because you have a pretty face already. ☺

• it's all about the height and weight... if you're tall enough to be a model with the right body slim then sure... and it's really hard to be a model now days snice many girls want to do it. Kendal Jenner did it the easy way since she's famous already, and i heard that many girls hated her for her easy pass to modeling :/
    good luck? I don't know (: