Do You Think Women Should Have to Shave Their Underarms? Why?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Body hair is gross. What is more, it is more hygienic. Less body odor. Underarm and pubic hairs are distinctive in shape. Their purpose is to actually capture sweat. They are breeding grounds for bacteria, and bacterial waste is a major cause of BO.

This biological fact is true for both men and women. I've shaved mine, and I felt cleaner. Just that small change, and I actually FELT that much cleaner.

Besides, I would groom or shave off any body hair I have if she preferred it gone, so, as I'm not asking for anything I would not also be willing to do, I do not think it is unreasonable for me to desire pits and legs shaved.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nobody has to shave anything they dont want to...

What Guys Said 32

• No, they shouldn't have to. They shouldn't be surprised if their choice doesn't line up with a particular guy's preference though, as guys likewise can't be forced to prefer both styles equally. But that is definitely not something a woman should be forced to do. Her choice 100%.

• They shouldn't be forced to, but the ones that do, will have an advantage over the ones that don't. Guys are entitled to our preferences just like women are.

• What the hell guys.. why would you NOT shave? lol like WTF?
    Guys should shave underarms too

omg lol im just at a loss for words here.. culture shock/10

• Not unless they want to. It should be each girl's choice.

• The last thing I care about what a woman chooses to shave or not because I am inclined to believe that the habit was injected into society to sell razors and other products considering most of the world doesn't follow suit; although I've seen some cute pics of it dyed fun colors and I think it's quite attractive and fun looking.

• They don't HAVE to, but I personally think it is gross if they don't. Men and women have different standards of beauty. Stop trying to be guys... Would you date a guy that wears makeup? Wears dresses? Probably not.

So don't act like guys are being assholes cause we like hairless girls. You like guys with muscles right?

• a guy is not required to have defined muscles, but girls sure do like it... get what I'm saying here...

• Its up to the girl but if given the choice between a girl who shaves and one who doesn't Id go with the one who shaves.

Why?
    I find it more attractive

• It's up to them, but I hope they do, it's ugly, when they don't.

• Nah, it doesn't bother me. I have underarm hair and I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I was to say otherwise.

• no, i like hair

• Women shouldn't have to shave their underarms, just as men shouldn't have to find unshaven underarms attractive.

• Why are women expected to do such things and men aren't? Media stereotypes want more stars...

Don't let it get to you.

• Of course they shouldn't HAVE to, it's their body, but they have to accept that some men may not be attracted to them if they don't.

• No, I think a woman, or everyone for that matter, should do as they please to feel comfortable with themselves. If it means they need to shave their armpits or other bodyhair, so be it, but I don't mind anyone being how they like.

• No they shouldn't have to. Women shaving their underarms only became common about a hundred years ago prior to that no one really cared. I don't have a problem with women not shaving, I actually find it kind of hot.

• Yes. Its simple standards set by society. Idc what anyone says, armpit hair on a girl is nasty asf.

• And what I mean is they're not forced to shave it as they can do whatever they want, they should shave it though.

• They don't HAVE to but it would help :)

• is just find me a girl that does =D

• They don't have to, but don't be surprised if the guy doesn't like it

• who the fuck voted no?

• because they don't HAVE to, it's not a fucking law

• I still don't give a shit if u think I'm unattractive and no I'm not a feminist, extremely stupid assumption but it's not like I expected any less out of you.

• @idkwtftoputhere well we both agree that you're not really the kind of girls i go to

• it's just more appealing.

• same as : do you think guys should shave their balls?

• Yes, it should be the law. No particular reason.

• No, its their body to do as they wish

• i feel its gross

• You know what's more of a turn off? Having a strong opinion about girls' underarm hair.

• Notice how the girls got no hate for the opinion they chose but the guys choose yes and they get hounded lol

• Look, I am ticking that No button because you said "Should have to".
    No of bloody course they should not be forced to do so. I do think they should though, much like I don't think women have to shave, trim or wax their pubic hair but if they like receiving oral sex it is pretty rude not to do it. Quite frankly getting hair in your mouth is an unpleasant experience.

Same goes for men. On armpits and pubic hair.

• I personally don't care. However I think aesthetically speaking things like wedding dresses and other elegant gowns tend to clash with underarm hair. Maybe it's just what I'm used to. But something about underarm hair just breaks the whole vibe of eloquence and prestige. But when a girl is 100% naked I think I'd actually prefer body hair. It feels more realistic and authentic. And authenticity makes me feel more comfortable as long as overall she seems like a clean person.

• Yes, because I don't like hair in my mouth when I'm licking them after the gym

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 14

• I think both sexes should shave their urmpits for good hygiene because hair causes smell and that's gross.

• I do and every other girl I know does but to impose a law or rule about how a woman should look is just wrong... In this country anyway.

• You don't ave to if you don't want to. For me, I kind of think it looks gross seeing bushy armpits especially on a girl.

• No one has to do anything with their body that they don't want to.

Shave if you want, or don't. Its your choice

• No I don't think anyone has a say when it comes to other peoples bodyhair.

• no one should have to remove it, it just looks nicer and is easier to keep clean with the hairs gone in my opinion. its such a small surface area to maintain thankfully

• Its nice and all, but its not an obligation to do it. At the end of the day, its your choice.

• Nobody has to do anything. I do because I like they way they look shaved and they smell better. Same thing goes for shaving the privates though. I don't shave mine but some do.

• i lasered mine

• You don't have to, no.

Do I think it looks gross if a girl doesn't? Yes

• I think everyone should shave their bush man underarms regardless of gender.

• I think both guys and girls should shave their pit hair. That shit is nasty.

• Why? Because they dont fucking have too if they dont want to

• I agree with what a lot of the guys are saying, it is the girl's choice, but it could effect the number of men (or women) that are interested in her.