Do guys really not like skinny girls?

I mean in the I-have-high-metabolism-and-it-runs-in-the-family-way not the I-workout-so-guys-like-me way. Not being mean to girls who workout a lot. I mean take me for example I have always been tall for my age, I have always been skinny and it's not like I wear baggy clothes I love shorts dresses and tight jeans but people are always like"OMG YOUR SO SKINNY HOW DO YOU DO IT?"and I'm like "oh you know just being lazy haven't worked out in months eating anything I can" sorry for the rant but I'm really frustrated and sometimes insecure about being skinny:(

I'm not anorexic guys!!! My doctor says I'm the perfect weight a person my age should be:)

Most Helpful Guy

• The hell is wrong with being skinny? I like skinny and petite girls. aslong as you don't look the crypt keeper from tales from the crypt or the mummy. I am perfectly fine with a skinny girl. and yeah I understand your frustration, it must be annoying when people tell you that.

• You don't know just how annoying people can get. Tuis one time I was at the mall and a lady I think she was in her mid 40's came up to me and asked me if I had a disease. Since then bold for me is going up to people and telling them they look diseased

Most Helpful Girl

• There's no pic so I can't really comment on how skinny you look or healthy... What I can tell from being a very very skinny girl in my teen and early twenties... Even the skinny ones "fill out" as they age. I filled out a little too much during my pregnancy and I've lost most of the weight now but I'll never go back to my original body (unless I went hardcore on working out). The good news is that your at a skinny starting point. As you age and fill out you'll just become curvier but will still remain slender!

But I do understand it's hard. I used to find it especially annoying when girls who were overweight ( and I don't mean padded but actually overweight) felt it was perfectly fine to criticism my body as in "id hate to as skinny as you" or "your too skinny"... Hmph... Yet Its considered rude for me to have said "your too fat"... "I'm glad I'm not fat like you"... People don't understand that no matter what our size we all have our insecurities and even if we like our bodies, insults are never nice to hear.

• You're SO right about people feeling compelled to comment on skinny girls, but you/my girlfriend could never respond and say about them being fat! Lol @ the haters... I love skinny girls!

• @Flat4 Yay! Enjoy them while they last! Lol

What Guys Said 26

• Most normal men prefer slim women.

• I have no problem with skinny girls, flat chested girls, no-butt girls, tall girls, short girls. If a girl has a cute face and knows how to act like a lady, I'm interested.

• There's a threshold of being looking frail and fit.

Frail is a no no. (90's) AverageFit is good.

• you're chillin d00d

• It's not my favorite, but if she's got a pretty face and a nice personality, I'm not gonna get too hung up on her being so skinny.

• And to be clear, workout skinny is more attractive to me than lazy, high-metabolism skinny. Workout skinny has more muscle tone and some nice, feminine shapes.

• I'm not that lazy I have muscles but they're not that big because everyones body type is different

• I like skinny a lot.

• I think skinny girls can be beautiful..

• yeah, i like skinny girls. i'm the same way though. i've always been tall with fast metabolism. for most of my life i couldn't gain weight even if i wanted to. when i played football in hs i finally started to gain muscle but i was still skinny compared to most. now at age 29 i have filled out some and can gain weight if i eat like i used to. maybe that's part of why i like skinny girls over other body types, i guess i just understand what it's like.

• I wish I could play football in hs but they probably won't even let me try out because my arms look like"tree branches". You ever get the feeling that everything's a joke when you eat a lot of food and I mean healthy and junk food for a month trying to gain weight at the end of the month you check your weight and it's the exact same or sometimes for me it even goes down but never up😔

• Guys have different preferences. Mine for example is girls who are borderline underweight. Not anorexic, but the type that gets told by people they are too skinny for guys to like them.

Other guys like big asses, big boobs, etc.

• No need to be insecure! I say lap it up and enjoy the envy or girls and the admiring glances from guys at your flawless body!

I bet this girl has a pretty similar body to yours, looks SO confident and definitely HOT!!!

drop.ndtv.com/.../25-annalynne-mccord.jpg

• Most of my girlfriends have been on the skinny side. I love skinny girls.

• I like skinny girls for the most part, I'm sure most guys do.

• Of course guys like skinny girls, only people who say the we don't are jealous fat girls.

• Some do, some don't. Everyone is different.

• I love skinny girls :)

• I prefer skinny girls.

• marry me.

• I don't like "too"skinny girls.. but i'm ok with normal skinny girls

• curvy is fine but not too skinny like the full house twins.

• I dont mind skinny girls, aslong as you look healthy

• Who the hell told you guys don't like skinny girls?

• In my case, it doesn't mother, is more important if you have a cute Face..

• Ni, it doesn't matter.

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• I know i get the same thing. It's like... :( i don't do shit. That's my secret. eh, society is skewed. Plus, different people different taste!

• Yes they do and you know it.

• I think a lot of guys don't like skinny girls. But also there is a lot of guys who like them.
    I wish I could be skinny