How bad is a height of 5'8(172cm) for a guy, really?

I get called many different things at this height. Average, slightly below average, short, very short and midget, etc.. I'm not insecure at all, I'd just like to get opinions from people who aren't actually trying to talk shit about me!

Most Helpful Girl

• 5,8 isn't bad at all. I think people in high school/college go through the stage of being overly critical of people, even without real cause. I don't think I've seen a guy of your height and had any thought about his height. My husband is a little under 5,9 and his height has never been in question.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well the average is about 5'9-5'10 so you're just slightly below average. I think if you just stand with good posture and have a good style that fits it'll be fine. Clothing choice can make all the difference. It's the same with really tall people they can look super awkward if they don't wear the type of clothing that looks good on tall people.

What Girls Said 6

• It's really not bad. Considering how the average girl will be shorter than you :)

• That is tall to me, because i am only 5'1 lol

• You're slightly below the average male height, but you're still taller than a lot of girls. ^ยท^

• It is an average height for a grown man and consider that you are 18, coz guys end growing in height at about 22, much later than girls.

• A bit less than average in America

• Not bad at all. Society and social media has implanted the image into peoples heads that a man has to be tall and strong whereas women pettite. 5'8 is slightly below average but it doesn't matter. Society says my height is too tall for a girl, but I love my height and wouldn't change it for the world. Be proud. its perfect

What Guys Said 7

• I don't think it's bad at all I'm around 5'9-5'10 and I was always told I was tall growing up. However around high school time many of the guys who I was taller than had growth spurts and I didn't get a whole lot bigger. Sure you could be taller but I would try to appreciate your height as I know guys who I work with who are really short who would love to be that tall. It's not that short.

• Not bad at all

• haha another height thread. I've been living without realizing how good is to be above 6 ft tall, I'd better start caring much more :)

• you dont even qualify to be short...

• It's average. I expect most girls won't be concerned.

• not bad im that height

• Decent.