Do men judge women harder than we do?

Do men judge women harder than we do?
Many guys I asked said that Kim k was actually hideous and that she looked better with her makeup. Like, I know I'm a girl, but I think she looks pretty. Gorgeous even, and she doenst have any makeup on at all. I prefer a girl to be naturally pretty if she is. Why would these guys think differently than I do. I like makeup just as much as the next girl but in moderation. I wear only eyeliner because in my opinion it's the only thing that enhances my features without me turning into another person basically and look still like a normal person at the same time. So why is it that these guys would say she is ugly when she is obviously not. That is how women look, this is just how PEOPLE look. We have spots and dark under eyes. If nobody ever wore makeup again would all women just be considered ugly if they weren't wearing makeup? Don't tell me makeup is now the standard of beauty and if you aren't wearing it the you supposedly aren't beautiful.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, generally speaking, off the internet, men judge women at least youngish women more gently then women judge each other.

• I have seen it. One girl (no hate her way) I know went put in a full made up face. She looked pretty, yes, but at the same tike she didn't look real at all. Nothing on her looked real. Who in their right mind thinks girls are just born with smoky eyes and pink, shimmery cheekbones. Like some guys will seriously get offended that you don't really look like that when no one in the world is born like that. Girls can be pretty, yes, but not in the way that dolls are pretty. Why do some guys fail to realize that all that stuff is just fantasy?

• You can find anything on the internet.

Reality is on dating sites etc, men consider average women to be decently attractive. Men are actually much more harsh in how they judge male looks. But then women say they will date the guy even though he's not that good looking. So women judge hard then settle. Men judge more easily but don't settle as much.

• I guess that makes sense. It seems pretty accurate as far as I know

Most Helpful Girl

• I think her personality that is shown off to people. Is what makes guys feel like she looks ugly as well.

Though women are way more harsh about how they look.

• I honestly don't even know much about Kim k and I don't know what her personality is like. how could I? I never met her.

• What has she does that is so bad?

• She comes off as a self centered air head.

What Guys Said 9

• 1) Guys aren't looking up to girls because they are celebrities. We don't care about them in general. I know girls idealize them like they are something special because they are getting paid because they look a certain way, but honestly most of us don't give a fuck about any of that.

2) When we are asked about them it's either a pass or fail and that's based on our own preferences and feelings against a surface level judgement most of the time. Not every girl that becomes famous is going to considered attractive to every guy, because every guy has their own preference of what they find attractive.

3) If we've paid enough attention to them they might be automatically disqualified based on the personality they've shown. A lot of times celebrity women come off as shitty people doing shitty things. Tons of plastic surgery, working porn, gold digging, tons of make-up, saying stupid shit under the lime light, being completely toxic, etc. and quiet frankly it's off putting.

• It's not like those celebrity women are trying to get with those guys anyway or that those guys are rejecting them or preventing them from living their lives... I don't know why it even concerns you that tons of random men don't like celebrities. Those girls are doing alright. They have some sort of relationship going on with some dude. They have a career...

Why do you think men have to find those women attractive? Is it because you aspire after some vain dream of being some glamorous woman that is paid just for appearing in front of people? Are guys ruining your dream in some way by not idolizing your idol? :s

• At least, she looks like a human being like that. I think she actually looks better. Though never enough for me to have any interest in her whatsoever. I think who she is is ugly and that's not about to change. Her and Kanye deserve each other.

• Kim k isn't my type in the first place with or without makeup , I would problem walk right past he and not think anything about it

• I'm sorry to say but most men (I think) are as judgmental as you might imagine. (I think) Most men focus first on appearance before personality and as far as the appearance itself is concerned, they have unrealistic expectations based on what they see in movies, tv, advertisements etc. Personally, I believe think that girls with make-up change the way a man is used to seeing a them, and that may change his opinion regarding her physical attractiveness.

• A girl is her own worst enemy and I also think Kim Kardashian is hideous but that's because she is a public image that used to slut herself around and she acts like a fucking brat

• No women only find 20% of men attractive.

• I have no idea. I suppose men do, as we usually don't care about what other people think of our comments. And we didn't used to care what women think, but now we are somewhat careful. We're still honest, but we're no longer brutally honest.

• No way.

• In general, I doubt it.

She's not that attractive with makeup either.

• Yes she is. I mean, I don't even pay attention to her at all nor do I watch her show or keep updated on her life. But you have to give props where props are due. She is, conventionally speaking, one of the most gorgeous women I can think of. I mean, damn, why hate so hard on her?

• Probably because you put her mediocre ass on this question and are pouting about me pointing it out.
      You sure sound like you have your nose up her ass. If you don't, fair enough. It just sounds that way.

• Okay then. Believe whatever you will. I said she was pretty, I also said I didn't know much about her. I don't have to hate on people to not be all on their ass. Just because you don't criticize somebody and you give them a compliment doesn't mean you idolize them. Tf

What Girls Said 2

• Well I think they're used to seeing her with all her makeup on, where with no argument she looks better because it smooths out her skin. But she still has a gorgeous face shape and features, your right.

• Um, people DO realize that that stuff only looks good in pictures right? I mean if your really good at it it can look great and you could look amazingly pretty, but there is no way if you load your face with makeup that you can mistake it for someones real face.

• I honestly feel bad for some guys. Like, I seriously do. I don't know why they can't differentiate between real and fake faces. Guys, a face consists of a nose, mouth, eyes, and a variety of pimples, spots, wrinkles, hair, rashes, blackheads, and so on. The intensity of those features vary from girl to girl. But it is not ugly, it's just how humans look. Any other lines, colors, highlighted areas, and anything else that you do not have on your OWN face, is almost certainly makeuo. any color around a females eye that is not jer own skin color, or occasionally tinted red or pink, is makeup. No questions asked, its makeup. Any lines above her eyes that extend past the outer edge of her eyelashes is certainly makeup. Any color on her cheeks, if she is not flustered or at an uncomfortable temperature, is makeup. Any eyebrow that looks similar to that of Zendayas is almost certain to be makeup. And above all else, if it looks to good to be true, you better believe it is.

• It's not just guys. Loads of girls expect the people around them to be perfect. Unfortunately the concept of perfect is very warped and ends up with the person not even looking human. But that's not our fault. It's constantly fed to us by media and the people around us. Also, most guys know when a girl is wearing makeup, they aren't stupid they just prefer when a woman looks like what they're force fed to believe is beautiful.

• She actually looks Armenian in that picture.