Should I lose 40 pounds?

Should I lose 40 pounds?
this is me. and recently a few months ago I got depressed and stopped taking care of myself and GAINED around 20 pounds!!! and here's what I look like now :( now i'm considering losing 40-45 pounds. do you think it would look good? how would it look?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes you should.

40 lbs of that unhealthy emotional weight all up in your head.

Most Helpful Girl

• nope, I think that would make u unhealthy, thats way too much, you dont even look like u need to lose weight. stop focusing on the numbers u see on the scale, if u are not happy with ur body, i'd suggest to hit the gym, I think being strong is better than being skinny

What Guys Said 27

• No, you don't need to lose any. If you were to lose 40 you would look way underweight. If you are feeling like you are fat with that body shape, you are might be looking at some body dysmorphic disorder, since that is what a healthy body weight looks like. Your weight looks good as it is. Just ignore thinking about the numbers and just worry about general health and fitness. Your body is fine, and thinking it should be 40 pounds less is not fine. That's what you should be working on.

• Three things.

1.) you look fine now.

2.) Until you turn 21, the focus should be on health, not actual weight. If you want to turn your body into the hottest it can be, throw away the scale and play volleyball. Eat as much as you need to get as close to professional level volleyball as you can.

3.) You're Asian. Don't ask white people if you are fat or if you should lose weight. They'll hate you and won't give you an answer that would be meaningful for your bodytype anyway.

• You look good the way you are. If you are having troubles start working out or go to therapy. Drugs are not the answer I was on anti-depressants before they make you feel like a zombie sometimes you can't even think straight and feel sleepy all the time

• No, at this point focus on toning instead in my opinion rather than just focusing on your weight

• I think you would be a toothpick if you lost 40 lbs... if you want to lose weight then be realistic. I think you would be fine if you lost 5 lbs at the max.

• 40 pounds? Hell no. Your body looks in great shape. No need to lose anything. Nice work.

• girl you body looks perfect, don't lose that much weight... it's not healthy.
    you look very attractive, be happy

• NO NO NO NO NO! There is absolutely nothing wrong with your weight. If you were to lose 40 lbs you'd probably be in a hospital. You look great so keep doing what you're doing!

• If that's how you look right now in that pic then I don't think you should lose any.. I don't see any fat anywhere

• I can't imagine how you used to be 20 lbs lighter.

• I think your skinny now and if you lost 40lbs you'd be dead. So no stay where you are

• Yeah you should :(

• thanks for being honest nobody els will they dont wanna hurt my feelings. i wish I could tell myself but I have body dis-morphia when I was 11 I was 60 pounds and thought I was fat because of my dis morphia and started losing weight then lol. so I can't see because of it thanks for being honest. I will lose the 40 pounds

• How much do you weight right now?

• You have nohing to loose

• You look good now. I doubt you have 40 lbs to lose

• You are already skinny. 40lbs ago you would have been insanely unhealthy.

• You wouldn't weigh 40 pound

• You need to EARN 40 extra pounds.

• Your body looks amazing the way it is

• Noooo... you need to gain 40 pounds.

• maybe not 40 pounds maybe closer to 25 perhaps. you are already very pretty anyways.

• so since I could lose 25 that means Im fat?

• no, that is not what I said. a little curvy but there is nothing wrong with that.

• Your body looks in great shape. No need to lose anything.

• nope

• There isn't 40lbs to lose. Just workout and tone up and you'll look much better.

• Ugh no you'd die, I say you could gain a few more.

• You look sonperfect already :)

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 14

• Wouldn't you then be just about half your weight now? Sounds extremely unhealthy. You look very fine now. You could stand to gain a few more pounds actually.

• lol... are u serious?

• If you lost more weight you would look malnourished. So no. Seek professional help for your issues.

• Are you crazy? Where would the 40 lb loss come from?

• I feel like you losing 40 pounds would make you look severely underweight. You don't look fate at all in this picture. In fact, you could probably gain a few more pounds and still look fine. I wouldn't recommend losing anymore tho.

• Don't lose one single pound!! You look totally fine.

• you should gain more weight instead of losing weight

• You look healthy to me. If the weight loss would help you feel better about yourself without causing any health issues, they I'd say go for it.

• Oh god no no no, don't lose 40 pounds!!! Please don't!! you already look really skinny. I think instead of trying to lose weight, I think you should try to build muscle mass. Anyway, please don't try to lose weight, and by the way, if you ever need anyone to talk to, you can alway message me 🤗

• 0|0
  • No don't do that. You're perfect weight right now. If you loose more then you will look super skinny and that's not a type of skinny you want to be.

• You definitely DON'T need to lose ANY pounds! Please don't, you look fine the way you are :(

• I'm pretty sure you don't weigh more than 40 pounds

• No, actually I think if you lost 40 pounds you would look sickly. Also, you are under 18... you're still a child. It's normal to gain weight as you mature into an adult. Also you would loose your tits and ass lol and from what I see you don't have much to spare in those areas