How do I get cute guys when I'm ugly?

So I asked a question regarding wether I was pretty or not and most people said I was ugly or a plain jane like two said i was pretty (assuming they were just being nice) How can I get a guy to like me in high school. I've basically just hid from all guys because I've been too scared of rejection as its happened many times in the past by guys i fell for a ton. And my one boyfriend whom I fell in love with cheated on me multiple times and broke my heart. So how can I get a good looking guy to like an average girl?How do I get cute guys when I'm ugly?

Most Helpful Guy

• I ask myself that question every day. Except with cute girls, not cute boys...>.>

I can tell you that I'm not just "trying to be nice." I really don't care about being nice, or about other peoples' feelings. I tell it how it is. I say the same to all the fat girls who call themselves "thick". I don't care.

You're very, very much not ugly. I'm sure there are many, many boys who would love to get with you. You just have to let them know that you're open to the idea. You can't be closed off and expect all the cute boys to come running. You have to be friendly and talkative and get to know people. Attractiveness is not your issue, at all. You are certainly above average attractiveness.

You're not a "plain Jane". If it's girls talking all that shit to you, then don't take it to heart. Sometimes they can say passive aggressive things just to try to hurt people, either out of jealousy or vindictiveness. You just have to learn how to be comfortable with yourself and accept how you are. For some people, that means accepting that they are unattractive or not smart or not popular. For other people, that means accepting that they are average. For other people, that means accepting that they are attractive and have some other failings.

If you're hiding from all the guys, then how are they supposed to find you? As for the trust issues, everyone gets that over time. It's just something you have to break free from. Just like jumping into a cold pool, you can't let doubt ruin possibilities in life. Just jump into the pool, and you'll adapt to the cold. There are risks to everything. But if you never take risks, you will never gain anything.

Your appearance is not your issue. It's you hiding from the guys. And perhaps your personality or distrust. Both of those can be worked on. G'luck.

What Guys Said 50

• Your looks are above-average (I'd say a 7 or 7.5), and are NOT your problem (at least, for most guys). But, on average, people end up with people who are on the same level of attraction as they are themselves, with the occasional small variation.

You are as "valuable" as GUYS think you are, and guys are as "valuable" as YOU think they are. In other words, you measure guys based on YOUR opinion and based on YOUR priorities, and they measure you based on THEIR opinion and priorities.

If you want to date above your current "value", then you need to increase your value to guys. You (or any girl) can do this with their appearance to some degree using clothes, makeup, hair, and fitness, but you don't have much of a problem in those areas. The other ways you can increase your value is ATTITUDE and BEHAVIOR - and this is something that most girls never really consider, because, frankly, they're usually not willing to change these things about themselves.

So, ask yourself: if you are a 7, but want to date guys who are 8s or 9s, then are you willing to improve your attitude and behaviors to raise your number in the eyes of guys? If so, then that's the way to do it. And it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out what guys value: confidence, fun, supportive, sexually open-minded, and easy-going. Things that will lower your score: insecurity, neediness, clinginess, nagging, jealousy, prudishness, disloyalty, irresponsibility (financial and otherwise), and drama-seeking.

Relationships are something of a "free market", so if you want something of higher value, you have to have a higher value to trade for it. You aren't going to be able to buy and drive a Ferrari on a Chevy budget.

• 1. You are not a drop-dead gorgeous head cheerleader type but you are a cute girl. Someone else commented about your boobs being small. Most guts don't care about how big your boobs are as long as they look proportional to the rest of your body.

2. Don't fall for a guy so quick. Get to know them and decide what kind of person they are before you start choosing names for your first child!

3. What interests do you have that a guy might also have? Dancing? Sports Music? A foreign language? Photography? Get involved in n extracurricular activity that involves that interest and which will expose you to a number of guys.

• lol i am a cheerleader tho just not a typical one since i dont look as pretty as the others

• Most cheerleaders have self-confidence. The previous boyfriend must have really done a hatchet job on your psyche.

• You may need to get a guy that's not used to blonde chicks with blue eyes... you know, people like me :P
    Say whatever you want, but I would've had a crush on you if you were at my school, no girl looked even close to how you look, so to me you don't look like a plain Jane, you're very attractive.
    So maybe you should find a guy that thinks the same way I do.

Also, try to forget about your past relationship, and open up to getting to know new guys, talk to many of them, approach them, and be the one to take the initiative, that way you'll be having full control.

• 1) you're fucking obviously not ugly, and you know your not

2) don't date obvious assholes and they won't cheat

3) don't limit yourself to only 'uber hot dudes'. Most tend to be asshats because they know their looks gives them the ability to attract lots of girls and are thus more likely to cheat. That's just basic guy 101. (Had some really good looking bros in school no homo but they were having like 3 girls at once). Lower your standards a little and you might find a gem.

4) just be a slut it you want guys that badly. Girls have the advantage of being the gender that chooses whilst men compete, look at every specie the animal kingdom, men are expected to impress the female and she decides the mate, you could literally get a boyfriend in a day if you put your mind to it,
    Look at like tinder stats and stuff, women get infinitely more matches then men because women are the desired gender. Use that shit to your advantage bud.

• No someone in the opinions just said "Damn yea you are pretty ugly. I mean holy"

• One person may have said something negative, but you're not taking into account the other 99% that complimented you.

• If you think you are ugly or average, you have bigger problems. namely, self esteem. Because you are neither ugly nor average.
    And not to badmouth a person you say you loved, but a guy cheats on a girl because he doesn't respect her, not because he doesn't think she is pretty. He could think you were absolutely perfect, and would still cheat, because cheaters cheat. Don't blame his action on flaws you, and only you, see when you look in the mirror.

• I must admit I am surprised by the answer to your other question because I feel you are quite pretty. My advice would be not to worry about changing yourself to attract guys and just remain yourself then when a guy falls for you, it is you that he is really interested in.

• What's the purpose of asking people if you are pretty if you are not going to believe them when they say you are? I think you are pretty, unfortunately, it's not going to change anything, you'll still think you are ugly.

• it's calling 'fishing for compliments'

• @mynameislana No its not. Other people in the opinion section have called me not good looking or plain. Im just asking how Im supposed to get a guy since most guys dont like plain girls?

• But you're not ugly... I think that you have good chances with guys actually. Just let things happen, you're too young to give up.

• You aren't ugly. First step is becoming confident about yourself

• I don't think you're ugly at all. Above average. Just be patient. Talk to guys you like. Someone will come along. If nobody's asking right now don't assume it's because of your looks, there could be so many other reasons that may not have anything to do with you. Looks are only the first thing that gets our attention, most guys don't just go on looks alone unless they are just wanting sex.

• They said you were ugly? What is wrong with society, I feel like the disgusting is beautiful and the beautiful is ugly. You are fabulously gorgeous, so chill out. And who cares if you don't have guys noticing you? You're in high school, get your grades, head to college, and make a life for yourself. Don't worry about relationships.

• Damn yea you are pretty ugly. I mean holy... And the fact that you are calling yourself ugly is even more ugly. And the fact that you need to have random online men tell you that you are pretty is even more ugly, because we both know you will chuck the guys that call you pretty for the guys that call you ugly anyways...

What a world we live in =/

• sorry you had to look at my face how do I take the question down so I dont gross anymore people out? Im really sorry.

• sorry , you are not average looking , this is what i consider average www.google.ca/search

Maybe since you guys are young, he feels no need to commitment himself to you. Basically at around highschool age, my guy and girl friends just date people for fuck buddies.

• you need to believe in yourself more.
    you're beautiful and need tell yourself this twice a day.

if you don't love yourself how do you expect anyone else to.

• More than twice a day, but you're right, confidence and love for yourself will win over physical appearance, especially when you're attractive to begin with.

• @Lovelinefan yes but baby steps.
      I didn't want to much to think about and just push her out the door and OK off you go then

• For starters you are not ugly by any stretch of the imagination and there is someone out there for everyone. You just have to get out of your own way. Be open be yourself and just look for the good in every moment and you will find someone who thinks your are beautiful and see the goodness and beauty in you.

• You won't have any problem... You have a really pretty face and eyes that appear to be capable of piercing a guy's very soul

I don't know what makes you think you're ugly you're far from it in fact

• ugly? you are far from it. you look like every other generic basic white blond girl

• well that means I'm a plain jane I'm like everyone else i guess and no one wants to date a plain jane so how can i get a guy?

• @asker
      If nobody wanted a plain jane, there would be a LOT of lonely plain janes isn't it?

• You're not ugly but if you do believe that you're ugly, why do you only want cute guys? What's wrong with ugly guys?

• You're the same kind of pretty Sansa Stark is from Game of Thrones. You remind me of Sansa Stark lol. Not sure if you're a fan of that series, but look her up. You're cute. I'm the same way. I'm average but I assume people think I'm ugly. I feel the struggle, you're not alone.

• You really think you're ugly? You're just being harsh on yourself. You're not ugly at all and it's coming from a guy who isn't really into blondes to begin with.

• lol, what an attention whore.

Even if you aren't fishing and legitimately believe you're ugly (which I doubt), you're not. A lot of people would kill to be as pretty as you.

• Someone in the opinions just said "Damn yea you are pretty ugly. I mean holy" Just proving my point.

• And others are saying I'm way below average

• So? Don't listen to trolls.

• Bitch please! You aren't ugly Lolol you look pretty cute. Actually, I know a few guys that would instantly be attracted to you and they're not ugly lol

• I shouldn't have said the "bitch" part lol but I still stand by my statement

• oh haha thanks

• Do something that makes you stand out. Be good at something.

• What makes you think you are ugly? Lol you are very cute yourself!!! 😘

• You're not ugly, you just take bad photos.

• I like u, you look good. you probably some kind of troll or just another attention-hungry dumb-teen girl.

• no someone in the opinions just said "Damn yea you are pretty ugly. I mean holy"

• no he's wrong. you not ugly looks like you're dumb.

• step one: stop being so negative about urself

• You're not fishing for compliments are you?

• no and i know if people do they are just being nice they dont actually mean it. And even if you look here people called me plain so like how can I get a guy since no one wants to date a plain girl?

• Your face is most definitely pretty

However, the boobs are small and I'll just assume the butt is as well

Since you lack in immediate seductiveness, you have to compensate with flirtatiousness and sociability. You have to perk up your outside, but emphasize your inside

Put on a classy flirty look, showing ONLY enough to leave some for the imagination and put on some good lipstick to bring out your lips

Anything else is on you to not look plain

Most importantly, SMILE. That alone would've taken your pics to whole new levels

• thx!

• Guys don't like girls with low self esteem so you better work on that first.

• Give them something the others can't give

• More from Guys
    20

5 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• I'm not sure if you're fishing here but you are a very pretty girl. I'm sure many cute boys are looking at you.

• Are you serious right now? you're very gorgeous. Don't be so hard on yourself.
    Take care

• First off I don't think your ugly.
    2nd off good looking people tend to date only other good looking people. People tend to stay in their league for many reasons.

• 1. You are not average looking, but really cute.

2. Stop falling easily for guys.

3. Why do you want a good looking guy? Try dating the average ones. They sometimes end up having an amazing personality and you will feel blessed.

• BAHAHHAHHAH sorry, but yeah, wow, this made me laugh. How could someone say you're ugly, seriously? They gotta be joking around! You're goals!

• You are not ugly, you are really pretty actually. That's why you get cute guys, because you are gorgeous. I would try to date you if I was a guy lol

• Hmm are you being sarcastic?

• you look like Christina aguilera , she's beautiful and so are you. stop having such low confidence.

• Your not ugly at all.

• You are pretty!

• you're beautiful gurl, smile and you'll see guys will automatically start approaching you

• Why do you think that has anything to do with your looks?
    Guys reject and cheat on girls no matter how they look. Ugly, pretty, the girl can be his dream girl in theory and a guy may STILL cheat.

• You're cute. Just need to smile more, open up and ask the guy out. Be positive and respectful towards others, and that should give you a good chance. Don't focus on the negatives, they'll only bring you done. Focus on being confident in who you are.

• I don't think you're ugly at all! Honestly, if you want guys to notice you, just be yourself. The right guy will come along eventually! Maybe try to come out of your shell a bit. Just some advice from a fellow shy girl who used to feel ugly too. :)

1 private opinion(s)