Why do girls freak out if you see them in a bra and panties but are cool about bikini's?

i dont get it.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• That is funny , maybe because that aren't color coordinated or it's funny looking what they choose to where

What Girls Said 17

• Because bras and underwear are seen as more intimate than a bikini.

• My underwear is lacey, see through or can be thongs so that's more revealing than my bikini, you can't see through to my crotch in my bikini. Setting also makes a big difference. If I was at home and a stranger rang the door bell, if I was in a bikini I wouldn't answer the door that way, I'd cover up. If that same stranger were at a beach and I was wearing that bikini and he walked by I wouldn't feel uncomfortable or cover because I'm in the right setting for a bikini. One time in florida I was on the beach with my kid and wanted to walk to a different spot, it was too exhausting for her to walk through the sand so I decided to take her on the sidewalk next to the road and walk down to a better spot that way. I felt so uncomfortable walking along the road in a bikini and people were staring. I had to stop and put something on haha

• I wish i lived in a hotter country where girls wear bikinis mmmm

• @Trotters bathing suit tops have no support. I would be in a lot of pain if I didn't have a proper fit up top to walk around in all day. If I'm planning on swimming I wear my swimsuit under clothes so it's an easy transition, but day to day wouldn't work.

• Ok thanks for explaining

• Because when swimsuits are worn, women are prepared for people to see them. And swimsuits are thicker material. Underwear is seen as private a day intimate.

• Hmm, I guess it's because when women are usually in underwear, it's in an intimate, private setting. It's less about you seeing their underwear than it is you intruding on a moment where they thought they were alone and completely safe. Bikinis and swimwear are supposed to be worn in public and therefore it's totally normal and expected for you to see them. It's a different context entirely, even though they're similar.

• because girls are aware they will have people seeing their body when they wear bikinis but not in bras/underwear

• oh ok that kinda makes sence

• glad I could help

• its just a little weird cause u can see the same stuff either way

• Good question. I've no idea!! and i am a girl.
    :)

• hahaha :p I've thought the same thing. my guess is underwear is more candid and isn't always meant to be presentable whereas bikini u r ready to go out.

• I honestly have no problem with it. Same as a bikini to me.

• Really? Because I'm a girl and I do not wear bikinis so why would I want a guy to see me in my bra and panties?

• Often bikinis are chosen and specifically bought to be seen by anyone. Underwear is usually for the wearer and their partner (s). It feels more violating if it's underwear as most people don't intend for everyone to see it

• I don't get it either.

• Lol it's stupid. They are the same thing and bikinis are more revealing sometimes

• I don't wear bikinis.

• I never thought of that til now, I have no idea
    This is a very good question

• I honestly don't either

• im not sure myself each to their own in summer ill walk around naked with no care i ain't getting a tan line.

• The lingerie is seen as more intimate, as the swimsuit more casual. It also could not be her best bra or panties. Self conscious maybe. I've wondered this about myself too.

What Guys Said 8

• I would guess it's more about the intent. When a woman is in her underwear, she's not intending for anyone to see her, therefor when you do, something is happening that is not supposed to be happening.

However when she's wearing a bikini, she wants to be seen in it. Therefor when you do see her, the situation is normal.

• Yeah it's really silly. But most girls who freak out about the underwear don't wear a bikini on the beach, they wear a one-piece.

• i have never understood it ether. and some bikinis are more reveling than what they normal bra and panties they normally wear

• why do girls go visit a male gyno for some lubricated finger fun, but go all freaky and mad when their boyfriend does the same to another chick? Girls are full of contradictions.

• I don't know never happened with me

• It's a mystery of life my friend

• I guess it depends on whether or not they want you to see them like that.

• Because they don't want you to see them in their granny panties.