Am I too short for girls to like me?

Im an attractive guy whose 19 years old and 5 foot 9 (175 cm) tall. Am i an ok height to be liked by girls, just a little insecure?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not short. You're average.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude don't let them decide what's good on you, If they don't like it. It's their loss, Just go out there and find someone that'd love you for you and if they can't. It's their fault

• Awesome comment, really appreciate the advice and will definitely take it.😊

What Girls Said 18

• Of course some girls will like you.
    My boyfriend is 5'7ish, and I never saw that as an issue despite the fact that I'm 5'10". I remember thinking it was really attractive how little issue he saw in him being shorter than me and not viewing it as a threat to his masculinity or anything of that sort.

• Your height sounds perfect to me (: different girls prefer different heights, and 5'9 isn't short at all

• I honestly think 5'9" and 5'10" is the best height range for a guy. I like it way better than really tall guys, never understood the obsession with really tall guys lol

• You're absolutely fine!

• 5'9 is a perfect height

• Sure:) 5'9 is fine! It's not tall or short. I guess it depends on where you live whether or not you seem short, but I think most girls would be fine with it.

• Definitely not too short. To me (I'm 5'2 short), guys who are 5'9 or 5'10 are the perfect height... it's like they're not too short yet not too tall. My guy is 5'10 and I love it.

• It's perfect! One of my crushes is about 6'2 and the other is almost 7' and they both scared the hell out of me when they actually liked me back. I'm 5'3 and so is most other girls, I ain't looking for no giants.

• Oh, yeah, for sure. 5'9" is not a bad height, pretty tall for some girls. That's a good height, a really good height. Don't worry, 5'9" is a good height. Girls will def like you. A girl thats taller than you is cool, but most girls I know want guys taller than them. Most girls that I know are below 5'9". Dude, you're a really good height for girls. We've all got those insecurites :)

• Thanks for the sweet comment , feel so much better already , and im still only 19 and guys grow until 21 so i might put on another inch or two yet. Thank you so much.😊

• not at all ! i think most girls don't care unless you're shorter than them

• A LOOOT of girls are shorter than 5'9 so you don't have to worry AT ALL.

• if the girl thinks you are too short its because she is secure about her own height, think of it that way

• You're a little on the short side to be honest but it's not too bad. I dated a guy who was 5 foot 10. (Im 5 foot 4). He didn't seem short to me. Just have to find the right girl ;)

• Wtff? He is tell and you thing he is short? Did you fall on your head or something or you have extreme high standards..

• @singlebee woah. Calm down bud. Just giving my honest opinion here.. and I said his height isn't that bad.

• Height doesn't matter unless you are shorter than me, and I'm 5' 3"

• You're good! I'm with a guy who is 5'9 and i'm 5'6. We're the perfect height together.

• That's the perfect height for me. I'm 5'7 and I like guys closer to my height. Obviously I don't like guys shorter than me, that's rare, but I don't like tall guys either. 5'9 is ideal.

• that height is average for the US male.. I dunno what Jolly green giant land your from where 5'9" is short!!!

you would be too short for those arrogant tall tranny women who hate anyone who isn't 6 foot

• Shit you are basically a dwarf...

Obv not. 5'9 is not short atall, dont be so ridic.

What Guys Said 9

• you're not good enough for the superficial bitches.

but for any normal girl, you're perfect.

• In some cases girls don't care, but most like you to be a bit taller than them.
    Luckily, there are lots of girls shorter than you - don't worry.
    If you are attractive as you say you are then that will significantly improve your chances.

I'm 5'11 so I'm taller than a lot of girls and I've never had a girlfriend - pretty sure that's because of my looks rather than my height.

Girls from what little I know also don't like insecure guys - by accepting who you are and being confident in yourself, even being able to joke about it if it comes up you will look even better.

Just checked google (could be wrong so make sure you verify my facts) and it turns out Tom Cruise is only 5'7 anyway. Don't worry dude!

• If so, then I'm fucked, because I'm only 5'8".

• 5'9" sounds fine that's like 1 inch under average my friend who's about 5'8" doesn't seem to have any problems with girls. As long as you look decent and aren't a dickhead should be fine.

• Sweet😊

• Plus there's always a chance you could get a few extra inches heights gonna be no issue, it's only a problem when your like 5'4 which is my height and most girls are like my height and want someone taller which is why I'm still a kissless virgin.

• Sorry about that , but on the bright side from what i can tell you are still growing yourself, you're only 17 and guys grow until 21 so you can still get some inches and end around 5'7 to 5'9. Best of luck. Oh and drink lots of milk and keep a healthy diet.😊

• avg woman in the us is 5'5.. avg man is 5'10.

• Just go for short girls if it bothers you that much

• Yer short for a basketball player only...

• Nah dude, I am wayyyy shorter and still girls are all over me ;)

• Yes. The Rules say a guy must be at least 6' tall or he is no good.

And if the girl is really short like 5' she will want an even taller guy to compensate, like 7'.

You have no chance.