I will take any kind of acne solution opinions/suggestions?

I'm turning 21 next week and I STILL have acne. Actually, I didn't have any until I moved from Japan to Hawaii for college. I've tried using various acne soaps, toners, cream, ointments, pills, but NOTHING seems to work. I also exercise weekly and drink plenty of water. I get enough sleep - although maybe not recently - but generally i do. My aunt (whom I live with while I go to college) told me to cut down on spicy food, so I've been doing that but nothing is changing.
Is there anything else I can do? I heard change in environment can cause acne, so I thought it would just be temporary, but this is my third year in college and it's still bad.

Most Helpful Guy

• As a Qualified Herbalist, this sounds like a Hormone Imbalance. Either too much Oestrogen or too much Testosterone. The easiest and simplest way to deal with this is to regularly take Tincture of Agnus Castus (Vitex agnus castus).
    It acts on the Pituitary Gland at the base of the brain and balances the hormones.
    I would thoroughly recommend seeing a Herbalist.

Most Helpful Girl

• Moisturize your face with coconut oil. It is antimicrobial so it will clear but not clog pores. I also use a topical acne solution (Burt's Bees - it's wonderful) sometimes in addition to moisturizing with coconut oil. The acne disappears about as quickly as it appears.

Welcome to the States! I <3 Hawaii. I grew up spending my summers there :)

What Guys Said 10

• Apply benzoyl peroxide two to three times a day (though you might have to build up to applying it that many times in a day as it will probably dry your skin out at first and take it awhile to adjust) and keep at it, and it will work.

• Have you been to a dermatologist? Usually, some tetracycline and UV treatments do the trick.

• Cut out dairy products, change pillow cases often, do a daily skin routine and keep your hands away from your face. I've struggled with it a bit myself.
    If it's just "a bit" of bumps and zits here and there it shouldn't be too big of a problem but if it's real cystic acne, the diagnosed kind, you'd need medicine. Accutane preferably which is prescribed at the doctor.

• I used to have the worst acne, I got called pizza face and crater face and puss face. I tried all these products and they only seemed to make things worse. Then one day, I said fuck it, I've stressed way too much about this, and stopped washing my face. Now look at my skin.

• Have you seen a dermatologist?

• Use hydrogen peroxide a big bottle is only.99C. And believe me when I tell u it freaking works. All those expensive creams have that as a primary ingredient. Just get a cotton ball dip a little and apply 2 times a day. 3 to 5 months you can thank me

• "NOTHING seems to work."
    That is your best bet.

• Roaccutane. It has some serious side effects but it ll solve your problem

• Go to a dermatologist. There are medications and other medical interventions that can treat sever persistent acne. It's very common. Go to the doctor that specializes in skin!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• My mom works in dermatology, she brings us "skin ceuticals: blemish & age defense it's a small brown bottle and it's liquid. Not sure if it's all skin types though, I suggest going to a dermatologists, though.

• Maybe try tree oil, amla herbal powder mask, bentonite clay mask, and witch hazel.

• I don't recommend doing anything that could permanently damage you skin or health. Also, don't use alcohol on your skin. Don't forget to moisturize, but be careful what lotions you use. Try safflower oil, grape seed oil, or evening primrose oil.

• I've found that chocolate and dairy products give me acne, maybe if you tried to cut down on those? Also foods like donuts or chips give me acne.

• It's to do with your location and genetics. I'm completely British heritage but I live in Canada so my skin has never been perfect because of the cold climate and lack of sea water, but I went to Florida recently and although it's much warmer there, the salt water had a tremendous impact on my skin and hair, because genetically, as a person of British heritage, I need salt to be my best. Scotland is surrounded by ocean, I'd probably have great skin if I were living there.
    My point being you should make your living space climate and air as similar to where you were living in Japan as possible, and you will notice a difference. Eating habits won't change much other than a steady water intake.