Do I look like the same person in each picture?

i just wanted to clarify that im NOT fishing for compliments or sympathy. im just in search of some reassurance.
so to make a long story short, i have BDD (body dysmorphic disorder). if you'd like to research what it is you're more than welcome to. but basically it's a mental illness that makes you believe there's something wrong with the way you look. for the longest time I've felt that I look like a completely different person in each picture i take. I'm not sure if it's just my mental illness causing me to think this, or if it's really true. i feel like my nose shape changes, the size of my forehead, my eyes, etc. i posted a few pictures here so I'm hoping you can tell me if i look like the same person in every picture or if different angles make me look like a different person. Aside from myself, other people seem to view me differently too. most people i know tell me I look like Adele, while other people have told me i look like Taylor swift, Angelina Jolie, and even Jennifer Lawrence. i can't resemble all of these celebrities, they all look like completely different people. it doesn't make sense to me. so am i crazy? do i look fairly recognizable in each photo or do i look like a different person?Do I look like the same person in each picture?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. You look like the same person in each picture. As for mental illness, my humble suggestion would be to not put much faith in what psychiatry tells you. They're only out to make a profit. Chances are 40% of Americans aren't "mentally ill". The norm can't be abnormal. There's a reason people have the problems they do. Psychology is a much better avenue than medication for most things. Things like schizophrenia are clearly in need of medication. But the more mild-moderate issues can be solved soley through thearpy, in my opinion.

I should clarify that I'm not a doctor. I've only written some essays on the topic of Big Pharma and their greed and taken a few psychology courses. Along with being diagnosed since I was 15 as some kind of fucked up. The way they determine these things is based on a checklist. For people with "Major Depression", they say they have a chemical imbalance in their brain. But they never take any measurements. They just say that's how it is, then give you some expensive pills that you have to buy for the rest of your life. Pretty much the perfect business maneuver. There's no physical way to measure these things, so it can't be proven. Perfect for making shitloads of money via a consumable resource.

Given the importance that society places on female beauty, I think it's only natural that many women would develop this sense of ultra-importance on various body parts or facial structure or etc. I really don't view that as a friggin' disease. It's just the mind going into over gear trying to find a problem and solve it. A natural thing. An issue. But a natural thing that can be solved through rational means. For instance, with cognitive behavioral therapy.

But don't get off of any medication by yourself. It has to be with a doctor's approval and guidance for safety concerns.

It's normal. People do have different looks from day to day. I've gotten that I look like Ashton Kutcher, Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad, and Eric from Trueblood, though I forget the actor's names. People just have different perceptions of you, is all. You're not actually morphing, I assure you.

What it might be, possibly, is that you percieve the lighting and shadowing as changing your facial features, perhaps. Somewhat like an optical illusion. Human eyes aren't that great. Nor is the human brain.

But you are very attractive and look like the same person in each picture.

• you've been very helpful, thanks for taking the time to give me your insight. i appreciate it :)

• yep yep. hope shit works out for you.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 28

• Same person.

You look more appealing in the bottom three pictures than in the top three pictures to me personally, but they look like they are of the same person.

Photos of the same person can often look quite different. Different angles, different lighting, different make up, different skin conditions, different mood. Even different backgrounds can have an effect because of how the ambient colour affects the perception of the colour of the face, hair and eyes. With BDD, you will be hyper aware of every little thing, so any discrepancy, even when due to completely natural causes, will stand out to you in an alarming way.

People saying you look like different celebrities is a common thing. That happens to a lot of people. It's not that you actually would look like the person in a side-by-side comparison, it'll be that a certain feature of your reminds the person of a feature on the celebrity, and it starts linking the two of you together in their brain more strongly. Someone else will be reminded of a different feature being similar to a different celebrity, and their brain will link you that way instead.

You look very pretty in all of them, but they are definitely all of the same person.

• Your pics look the same, you look fineπŸ‘ However due to that sweatshirt, I'm forced to rate you a "Habs Suck/10"😜
    media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...1ee37740c83e.jpg

• yeppers

• Yes. Those are all the same young lady, a very nice looking one at that.

• You look like same person on each photo. Just a little bit of different makeup. Also each photo is taken in different light conditions. Yeah, you have something from all 4 of the celebrities you named so I mean eyes of Angelina, lips of Jennifer etc., but you look so good that in your place, I would not worry about looks.

• Yes but you are 10x more attractive in the one pic where you smile.

• well thanks!

• And make no mistake you are beautiful in all of them.

• thank you very much, your kind words are appreciated :)

• yeah but in the one your smiling looks different in a good way, in short in the one your smiling, your looking cute, try to smile more because you look cute when you smile.

• Sure do! I don't normally like that color of red hair on girls but you really pull it off!

• yes you do. i personally like the 4th picture the best

• Be yourself. You're soul will dictate how you look to others. You look very beautiful. You're eyes are very attractive. Take care...

• Yes you do

• nothing's wrong with you , you're very attractive and young from what i see

• Duh you look like the same person... cuz you ARE the same person. You're just making different looks and taking different angles. You're pretty cute by the way <3 ;).

• I think you look the same and totally beautiful in each pic. Your almond shaped blue eyes are so gorgeous and your lips are so sexy

• thanks so much, you're too kind!

• Go flyers!!!

• To me you look like the same person in all of them. You are very pretty

• You have nice boobs in the 3rd picture.

• you get whiter as time passes

• You're definitely a cutie

• Damn that's a lot of forehead

• You look totally like the same person (which is of course no surprise ;) )

And by the way, you look gorgeous

• Yes :)

• 1-2 look similar. 3-4 look similar. 5-6 look similar.

5 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• Same person.

• Yes, you look like the same person.
    But, my Hod you're so pretty 😊 you're very unique looking.

• aww thank you so much! :)

• yeah. you look like the same person in every photo. and ADELE? really? lol Adele is so ugly. i would've punched them. don't talk to that person anymore >.> But, you're pretty. also the way you hold your phone can make certain things look bigger or asymmetrical in photos. you need to learn how to take photographs if it bothers you so much.

• Yeah you look like a same person to me!

• yes you do and Go HABS GO.

• You're gorgeous in all of them girl! and you don't look much different. It's not like you look like a beast in some and a beauty in the other. You still have the same features in all of them even though they're different angles. I know how hard it is accepting yourself because I've totally been there too, but you have no reason to think you look that bad.

• thank you so much!

• Also, go Habs go🙌 hahah

1 private opinion(s)