Do I need to lose weight? How do I?

Im 13 and 105 pounds I'm 5'6 I feel super fat that im even in the 100 pounds range like why can't I be in tens like 90 pounds? And when i sit down my thighs are huge. Also the other day on instagram from a complete stranger I don't know called me fat and a lesbian which im not a lesbian but If im fat how do I lose more weight? Also kids at school were making fun of my thigh gap because its not that big its only like 2 or 3 inches. How do I make it bigger? And get a COMPLETELY flat stomcahe?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure about a teenager, but an adult female who is only 5'0" should weight about 100 lbs or so, if you're 5'6" and 100 lbs you're probably at a good weight. You will gain more height and muscle mass as you go through puberty.

Measuring your guy is the best way to tell though. If your stomach at the belly button is bigger than you waist you're at least a little overweight though that's not necessarily a health issue if it is only a little bigger.

What Guys Said 10

• >105 pounds at 5'6" and needs to be skinny because she thinks she is fat
    >thinks her thighs, on a five and a half foot, 105 pound frame, are "huge"
    >bitching about thigh gap

You are either the poster child for every feminist "social expectations of beauty are killing our girls!" campaign, someone who is amazingly stupid (not young and ignorant, i mean, actually stupid), or a troll.

If you're the first? see a shrink. When more than 47% of the population is obese, i refuse to believe "societal pressure" makes you think 105 pounds is fat. there must be something medically wrong with your brain.

if you're the second, talk to your school counselors about being placed in remedial classes, and then see a shrink.

And if you're a troll, go away.

To sum up? I refuse to believe your situation is real, and if it is, the only help you need a a straight jacket and a padded room to keep you from hurting yourself, not a diet plan.

• i think your being to hard on your self. at 5'6 and 100 lb you actually sound like your bean pole thin. if you loose any more weight you will be under weight. your still young and your body is changing all the time i know its not easy to wait but you are going to have to.
    for some people the say thing like that to be mean because they know you will get upset by it. the one piece of advice i can give witch i know you might not take is. if people don't like you for the person you are then then dont deserve to know you at all.

• You don't need to lose more weight. If you FEEL fat, you need to build muscle. This will make you look better and make it easy to move, and you won't FEEL fat anymore. I am fat, but I have a decent musculature, and I feel great.

• Drink water (plenty) cut down on things that make you retain artificial water weight (salts sugars carbs) and do an activity that makes you sweat (hoolahooping is really good) gain a very small amount of muscle for figure in the right places (yoga , crunches, squats, elliptical and a 5-10lb dumb bells for nice looking arms) avoid working you're shoulders too much (but dont neglect) big shoulders on females don't look good at all.

• I was a lot lighter and shorter than you at your age. But I think you're fine.

• Omfg. You should eat more!!!

• No. Its the opposite. Im going to start starving myself

• and no I should gain wait 102 is the average weight for my age. So if anything if should lose a lot of weight because if 102 is average I want to be considered skinny so i have to be less that that.

• For your age? Consider your height before anything else. In my opinion too skinny is really unattractive. Healthy is the best. Skinny or fat isn't. Please use logic

• Green tea.
    Lots of it.

• No you are very nice.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• You seem extremely thin. Maybe even dangerously thin. 105lb is a very low weight for 5'6". Why is it that you believe the stranger about your being fat, when you know that you're also not a lesbian. Doesn't it follow that none of their insults were true? Are you sure that the kids were really making fun of it because they thought it was too small or was it because they were making fun of the gap and they realized you thought it was too small, so they decided to tease you about that, knowing that was what bothered you about it? If you even have a thigh gap at all then you are absolutely not fat. Most people who are a normal healthy weight have no thigh gap at all, myself included.

• I think you might be underweight actually... at 5'6" average is 120-140. I range in between at almost 5'8"

Weight Chart for Women
    Height Small Frame Medium Frame
    5'3" 111-124 121-135
    5'4" 114-127 124-138
    5'5" 117-130 127-141
    5'6" 120-133 130-144

• yeah but for teens my age the average is 102

• Holy shit. You weigh less than me and I'm 5' 3" I think you are underweight. Why the fuck are kids making fun of the fact that your thigh gap isn't big enough. That is absolute stupidity. I doubt you are any where near fat. Of anything you need to gain weight ( healthy lean muscle) You don't need a perfectly flat stomach to be beautiful. honestly, it's better to have fat than to have your ribs showing. I was 1 pound from underweight at 105 so that means you are very underweight. You should gain muscle, and get toned legs if you are worried about being "skinny fat"

• Clearly it doesn't matter what everyone here says, you just want to tell yourself your fat and believe whatever bullshit you heard from some random stranger over the internet. I'm an inch shorter than you, and have 25 pounds on you and believe me, I am not fat at all. You can see my abs, my arms are defined, I'm "toned". Everyone's legs look fat when they are sitting. Even models when they bend over, their stomachs wrinkle. Enjoy being a kid aND being able to ear whatever the hell you want while your metabolism is still high. Because once your about 20 you'll have to be more conscious of your diet.

• you don't NEED to lose weight. you're already underweight. if anything you NEED to gain weight. you should be 130 pounds. just workout and stop listening to people you don't even know on social media. block them. they're probably saying that to hurt you because they don't like you

• Actually being 105 lbs at 5'6 is considered right on the edge of being underweight. You should only be 90-something lbs if you're 5'0 or under. And everyone's thighs look fat when they sit down because they are smushed into the chair. And I'm pretty sure any thigh gap over 3 inches is considered unusual...

• Girl you sound like your so small. Why would you want to be that skinny? Who cares about a thigh gap? You should want to look healthy, not what society seems skinny and acceptable.

• No matter what anyone says you're just going to keep bitching and saying you're going to 'starve yourself'. Please shut up and gtfo because you're clearly a troll.

• Im serious. I've been bullied at school about it for a long time.

• 102*

• It's not an average weight for your height brat.

• -_- AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

• 105 lbs is around the MINIMUM you should be weighing at your height. Anything less and you'll disappear. The only people who should be in the 90s lb range are women under 5'0 tall. Otherwise, you need to be above 100.

1 private opinion(s)