Does it matter what he/she looks like to be attracted to them?

I was just wondering. Do you base whether or not you are attracted to someone on looks (at all)?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course. attraction is, by definition, the act of finding someone appealing. we are visual animals. it is very rare we find ourselves attracted to someone whose looks we don't care for.

we can care for, even fall in love with, people we might not be attracted to... but we really can't be attracted to people who we don't find attractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Not only looks. Personality is what makes me attracted to someone. But good looks is a bonus.

What Guys Said 13

• It is usually a mix of looks and personality that attract people. What the ratio is probably different for most people - I am about 70/30 in favour of personality I think but I believe that both elements count for everyone just at different ratios.

• Of course. Everyone does. I don't believe anyone that says they don't (they must on some level). It's not strictly looks alone but they play a part. They should anyway because looks are just as important as personality in my opinion. Not saying people have to look like models but YOU have to find the person physically attractive as well as be attracted to their personality.

• Yes, it matters. In fact, that's the primary most important thing for both sexes. If you are not physically attracted to the person , then it is a lost cause.

• Yes, but people get attracted to others because of many other reasons too. Sometimes they don't even know the reason themselves.

• It's the primary attraction quality
    This is why clothes, makeup, shoes, all that shit exists

This dictates if you even GET approached

• Looks period

• yes looks get my attention but personality is what makes me like them

• I believe that everyone does to some degree whether they admit to it or not. Looks is what initially attracts me but personality is what attracts me to want to know the person more.

• yes i look for really cute sexy girls and i dont go in between

• I'm gonna be honest, looks are 90% of the attraction for me. The rest are interests and personality.

• Yepp.

Within seconds I know if I'm attracted to some girls or not; nanoseconds even

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• I mean it's nice to have a little physical attraction, but in order to keep me interested they've got to have personality.

• Yes, looks are important in attraction, though they're not everything. Personality is just as important.

• Obviously. It's not all personality.

• Not always, I've met people who are beautiful and have ugly personalities

• No not at all in my case. I find thing's in people to like/to be attracted to.

• yes!

• Yeah. I do

• Yes, of course I will never date a ugly guy or be attract to him