Is being called "thick" a good thing? What does being thick mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• When a guy calls you "Thick" it means you have sexually attractive to the opposite sex. You got (Please excuse my language), Ass, boobs and a good curious body that a lot of guys would love to have a girl call his own.

The question is hard to answer because I do not know your ideological way of thinking. Some girls loves it when a guy compliments her figure , some girls find it sexists and misogynistic. So it really depends on if you want to take it as a good thing or bad thing.

Personally, as a guy, naturally, its gonna be a very good thing, but thats just me.

Most Helpful Girl

• It can be bad and good. If the person is calling you thick instead of saying fat then it's an insult. I can't even count how many times I've heard people use the words thick or curvy to describe a fat person, I guess to some people it's better than telling someone they're fat.

You're not oblivious, you know your body type. If you have a fat stomach or muffin tops you're not thick, you're fat. However if you have a small waist/flat stomach but bigger hips and thighs you're thick. From that you can deduce whether it was a compliment or someone politely calling you fat.

What Guys Said 27

• depends... do you got a Phat ass? if yes... then its a good thing...
    if no... you are just fat... and thats not good.

• Well it can potentially mean a person is thick bodied, which is okay, just big boned or slightly overweight.

There second meaning to "thick" and is not a nice way of saying that the person is kind of on the stupider side! Like not overly intelligent.

Not very nice if the person saying means the latter.

• it's usually a positive thing. it means you are a bit more curvy but in a positive way.
    else they'd just call you chubby or fat

• some chub/weight to you. Some guys are into that, some aren't. I'm not really but that's just me.

• It means you arn't a sick little stick that can get blown over by the wind.

• I've always taken it as you have a little extra weight but not fat or chubby. You hold it well. You maybe naturally have a little bigger body type to it suits you.

• Where I live, 'thick' means stupid.

Not sure it's a good thing anywhere.

• Could be synonymous with curvy, if you have bigger boobs and bigger legs and butt. Not necessarily a bad thing.

• That depends. When I call people thick, it tends to mean that they're wide, and that is bad.

• I love "thick" women... meaning not thin or bonney.. I don't like women who are below the hight to weight average for their size/height.

• i dont find calling thick someone is bad, if my girlfriend was thick i would still like her a lot. sometimes i like thick women.

• Down here is Aus, calling someone thick is just one step away from calling someone retarded.

• Thick can mean a bigger girl and it can also mean curvy in the right places. I'm pretty sure you can determine which one you are.

• It means a little bit chubby, but you look like if you pressed your finger against your skin, it would be hard.

• Thick is better than being called obese.
    I prefer to say that a thick person is a well fed person.

• I think thick is a cop out to not say fat. BUT.. What's important is how you feel about yourself. The image you have of yourself in the person you will portray to others. Fall in love with yourself, and fuck what others think.

• it can mean good and bad

• "Thick" girls are the best , don't worry

• You are fat.

• It means you got some chub

• Yes it is to me

• Here in Britain, thick means stupid.

• Yes it's a good compliment.

• Well, English is my third language and I've always understood "being thick" as meaning being stupid.

And that nugget of English grammar comes from this scene in "Filthy, Rich And Catflap"

https://youtu.be/UadudNE3DDo?t=7m59s

@ 08:00

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• Usually guys who think being thick is a bad thing don't go around calling girls thick. So whoever said it probably meant it as a compliment.

Really, being thick is more of a body type. You can be on the slim side and still be thick. its About Having weight in the right places. So like thick thighs in contrast to a slim waist, and a booty. You can be heavier and thick to if you carry your weight that way.

Not everyone will think that's a good thing.

• It's however you view it and thick means you are fit in all the right places. No matter what you are beautiful and God made you that way.

• OH HELL YEAAAHH GURL!

• Where I'm from it can refer to your mind (Dense, not too bright)
    Or body (not skin and bones) the first is never a good thing, the second it may or may not be two ending in what you are going for.

• well, guys like being called thick... if you know what I mean 😉😉😏😏

• thick thighs maybe? id say its a compliment. If they meant fat theey probably would of just said it.

• Thick means being pear shaped. having hips and a booty. it's literally what it means but people think it means curvy when it means bottom heavy.

• You don't have to be pear shaped to be thick. You could be an hourglass too. But yeah an apple shaped girl wouldn't be thick lol

• And an apple shape has thin legs.

• @RachelBrigs hourglass isn't necessarily having big boobs and a butt to go with it. Its your shoulders measuring out with your hips. and Apple shapes are women who got muffin tops and no hips.

• It is a nice way of calling you FAT.

• depends, it can be

• Thick is curvy.

• It depends, in England we call people thick who are dumb/stupid... But i know in America thick means curvy?
    If its the latter then own it, curves are great!

• You're white aren't you? 😏

• Yes.

• Lol okay anyways it means that you're not just skin and bones. You have a shape to you.

• To me, thick is a synonym for obese, so it's not particularly good to be called thick.