Guys, have you ever told a girl she wasn't attractive/her looks were just average?

I've never done that in real life, but it's interesting to see online. If a girl has her photo up and asks guys if she's pretty, I notice that if I'm the ONLY guy to say she's just okay or not that attractive, she quickly pulls her pic down and uses a default avatar. This has happened more than once. I'm not trying to be mean, but I am being honest, and it's interesting to see how fragile their ego is when you're honest, so fragile that all it takes is one guy to say she's so-so.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have done that. Honesty is best policy. But honestly? 9 times out of 10 the insecure lady who does that actually looks better than she thinks she does!

What Girls Said 12

• I've been called average online but I don't see how average is a bad thing. Some women get all offended by it though.

I've been called ugly to my face more than a few times by guys in real life, but not online (at least not that I know of).

• I don't get why people would ask others to judge them on their look. They would hate it if they are told ugly or unattractive. If the person is attractive, i would say so and if he/she isn't, i would just ignore and not give my opinion lol. Don't want haters...

• With these online ones, these people ask for honest opinions and sometimes they can't handle it and that frustrates me, like half of them say be honest and you're just like fuarrrkkkk i am being honest :L hahah

• I wish guys were more honest on here. Sometimes I feel guys here think all girls are beautiful. Some guy even say that !

• Yeah, that's true. That's because guys feel like they're SUPPOSED to say girls are beautiful.

• Yes! And when I ask I want to know what they really opinion about me !

• guys should never say that to girls!!! when u say girls that ' they are beautiful'... they may not believe it but when u mention something like 'yaah u look okay & so-so'... they believe u at an instance !!! girls loves receiving compliments... they love to be flaterred!!! so give a heart full of compliments to the girls to make them happy...

• I've had a guy tell me that.
    He's dead now.

• Honestly, when someone says I'm ugly (which some guys on this site already have) I really don't give a shit and leave my head held high. Not all girls are over emotional

• I am not that mean.
    But if they ask me if there nose is ugly for instance... i ll tell them yea in a polite way lol

• I've had guys tell me this In real life.

• Maybe that girl was just proving a point. Sometimes a girl need one honest comment to know the truth

• Not to be mean but you have really ticked me off. Men don't receive as much pressure and beauty standards as women do. (Not saying they don't receive any) In the stereotypical Hollywood situation the guy approaches the girl. This gives the idea of a girl needing to look really good like supermodel good to get a guy to be interested in her. And on the whole commenting that is kinda rude. You felt so strongly about expressing your opinion that you forgot that you saying something negative to them. Ever hear of if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. You are also extremely sexist when you pointed that only and all girls do that. I hope when you sent that comment you were okay with being responsible for that girls self esteem and what she does based on her self esteem. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. And I'm sorry that you aren't able to see that beauty.

• because a soso means "ugly" to a girl you can already tell the fact that a person places his picture online to be judged if he looks ok.. he's alredy insecure :/

What Guys Said 14

• Instead of telling a girl that she is ugly I try to think of how she can improve her look. Simply saying that she's ugly doesn't help anyone. Giving suggestions on how to improve appearance is helpful.

• A few times when a girl's vanity has gotten particularly annoying, I have been known to use the phrase "pleasant looking" when asked the inevitable "how do I look?" questions.

• Sure have, but you gotta remember looks are only a part of the equation. Give me a sweet average lady over a high-maintenance super-hottie any day!!😃

• hmm, I've said lots of girls were average. How come they didn't pull their profile pics :(.

• Only if she was being an arrogant bitch... otherwise I just keep those thoughts to myself; anyone who says that to a woman is saying such with negative intent.

• growing up and even after high school if you ever told a girl she was unatractive you would have been hit up beside the head with her purse. usually its safer to say average or just not my type. :-)

• I do it all the time. REKing fat sloots for dayZ.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1934849-would-you-date-me

• I rarely comment on anyone's appearance

• I've never done that. I don't think I ever could tbh.

• "Oh Well." by Fleetwood Mac 1969

• No I have never done that.

• Online yes when they ask for a rating.
    Offline I would never do!

• I personally never told anyone she was unattractive I don't like hurting women's feelings if I didn't find her pretty I just wouldn't say anything (:

• i dont have the nerves in real life to say that to a girl. she might end up really self conscious or suicidal. i would also feel bad afterwards.