Why do people want to be rated on their looks so much?

Would you like to be told you're ugly, fat, etc by strangers? Is it just a way to fish for compliments because people are too polite to say negative things?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's usually below avg/avg people trying to get some validation from people eager to help out the emotionally vulnerable.
    Tbh

Most Helpful Girl

• That is beyond me! I wouldn't dare ask a rate me question lol.

What Guys Said 15

• i try not to answer the ones i can not be nice in or when you can tell they are fishing. if someone wants a opinion on which makeup, or hair color looks better on them i give my honest opinion

• They don't have anything to offer except a hole or two.

• I couldn't agree more. WTF. I fee like our children are born with no self esteem...

• Sometimes they're obviously fishing for compliments. But most of the time it's normal to want to hear others' opinions, specially stangers who are less likely to lie unlike people that are close to you. Our overrall appearance is the presentation card for jobs, relationships, sex, etc, so it makes sense.

• I think confident people wouldn't ask this kind of question. And people who ask are risking getting shitty answers that might make them feel even worse about themselves. Maybe we shouldn't be so polite when we rate them lol

• Not everyone is naturally confident. Some people need time to work on themselves and gain perspective from others for self assurance. As for hurtful comments, that's up to each to take. No one is obligating them to post those questions, and everyone has the option to not go anon and not let anon opinions so...

• People like to know where they stand. Receiving ratings from strangers is much more accurate than receiving ratings from friends and family.

• Not when they try to be polite and give you a high rating to boost your confidence.

• Hey, there's nothing wrong with making someone's day (even if you're not being wholly truthful). There's too much hatred in this world.

• It's true. I did my deed for today :))

• Its human nature
    As they goes on the looks when they saw someone for the 1st tym
    After knowing each other they definitely goes on their nature.

• So as i don't ask about how i look, i'm not considered a human? Haha

• Lol, cheers 😳😁

• It's hard for someone to tell if they are attractive or not. To your face people will lie. Online many people will tell the truth. Reality check, looks matter.

• I'd rate you 7/10

• There are so many insecure girls it's crazy..

• Saw a lot of guys posting pics tho. Mainly youngsters

• Very few tho. Some girls do want an honest opinion, the rest just want to tease guys and get their ego boosted. But you cannot deny that most are insecure :(

• It's my fetish.

• They found this segment here what's problem

• I think it's because of their self esteem

• Yeah I would so I don't get hit with reality when I approach a girl

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0