What Do You Think Of Me?

What Do You Think Of Me?Here I go again, fourteen going on fifteen, insecure, such a typical teenager. I just feel so ugly, I hate being born with all these imperfections! Especially with my lazy eye, which I am blind out of, and being born with heterochromia irdium (basically the protien pigments in your eyes are different colors so you have two different eye colors etc.) it makes me so extremely self-conscious. Usually I cover my right eye with my bangs, but my mother forced me to get my hair cut because she thought my bangs made me look "depressed" so now I just feel even more insecure... Usually my friends say I look fine, but they're my friends! I can't really trust them to answer me honestly because I'm pretty sure they don't want to hurt my feelings... My boyfriend even says I look "extremely pretty" but in my own opinion, I just look so... very very ugly... I've also gained a ton of pounds starting from 145 and now I'm 178 because of a stress eating disorder (either not eating at all or eating too much) and that's probably making me think even more insecure than ever! But just, I need reassurance... I hate being surround by lies..

Most Helpful Guy

• [Kamina quote from Gurren Lagan below]
    hmmm.. well.. to be honest with you here, there are always gonna be people who will make fun of your imperfections but don't let that get you down.. looks aren't everything.. Sure, it's what other kids think is important but in my opinion you need to stop caring... I'm sorry if i sound mean here but.. be happy that your friends are nice to you about it.. in reality there are some people who will make your life a living hell... but if you're strong enough to come out and tell the Internet how you feel and show yourself i have strong beliefs that you have the ability to be comfortable with your appearance.. yeah it sucks that you have a lazy eye and Heterochromia iridum but don't let that stop you from being the best you can be... sorry... i really suck at giving advice but here... if you won't believe in yourself, believe in the people who believe in you... if they say you look fine.. you're good xP... And it's true.. you do look fine.. i know you think people are lying to you... but for real... I've seen girls who could easily cosplay as jabba the hut xP... please don't worry yourself too much... by the way i think different colored eyes look cool... but that's just me xD... also i you want to have long hair.. have long hair haha but be careful not to get the dread look hehehe... anyways.. i hope this helped somehow xP... good luck with your stuffs... peace

Most Helpful Girl

• listen to me when i say you are not ugly. im not patronizing you. up until about a year ago i found it very difficult to find confidence in myself and have a positive self image, and it took me years to realize that i didn't find myself beautiful because i didn't let myself. i imagine the exact same thing is happening to you. you are not ugly. you are unique, and special, and perfect. it sounds tediously cliche to say this but as soon as you just decide that you're going to be confident, as in TRULY decide, and stop comparing yourself to others it will begin to flow from you. it will be a slow transition at first, but it is one of the absolute most rewarding things a person can do. remember that there will be times when you're feeling not so good about yourself, and of course attraction is in the eye of the beholder, not everyone will consider you their idea of perfect, but there are so many people out there who see you are wonderful and beautiful, and those are the only kind of people you need in your life.

• Awe... Oh my goodness... I have no idea how to respond to this, but thank you so much! This actually made me feel a lot better, thank you so so much!!!

• you are most welcome!

What Guys Said 21

• You look just ok.

• Nah, you're pretty. I like your hair especially, even though I know you're not a fan of the straight bangs.

If I could make a suggestion, the glasses look a bit grannyish, but other than than you're good. Of course, smiling always works wonders too.

• Awe, thank you!!!
      Well, my glasses do look a bit granny (ish) but, I honestly feel better with my glasses on.
      Also, I'm trying to update the picture of me smiling.
      But thank you!!!

• @robby57 What's that supposed to mean?

• Huh?

• And what if those are not lies? You are the one who thinks you look ugly but that didn't mean reset of the people find you ugly...

You are not ugly :-)

• Well... they could be, but only my friends knownof they're lying or not.
      But, thank you!

• Welcome :)

• I have heterochromia too. I thought it was ridiculously cool as a kid. :D

You look fine. Don't feel shitty, it actually doesn't help. You'll look the same no matter how shit or otherwise you make yourself feel, so you may as well be happy.

• Ag, okay! Thank you so much! And you have heterochromia too!! That's awesome!!!

• Quite attractive. But those glasses don't really suit you. Get a new pair maybe? Glasses are a good look for you though.

• Yes, in four years I'll be able to get a new pair. I wasn't the one that got to choose my glasses, but I do feel better about myself when I have them on!

• I would of hung out with you at 15

Study and don't sirry about what guys think
    Go to college And blow minds

• Ah, don't worry!!! I'm doing great in school and I may even get into honor and AP classes next year, I have a 4.0 gpa, and if that drops I'd be devastated and my anxiety levels with sky rocket. But thank you for the heads up!

• Cover up the eye and you're extremely gorgeous. Hehe sorry, I gotta be honest.
    But little flaws like that have a habit of disappearing when you smile. I bet you look stunning with a smile on.

• I honestly agree with you a lot!!! It makes me feel a lot better about myself when I do cover it, just my mother is strict so I can't really do anything about it, yah know? But thank you!!!

• your not that ugly, your really cute, believe me you are very cute.

• You need to change your look, I see potential but you're only 14/15 so don't worry so much (I know you can't with all the bullying and social pressures but try)

• I've actually learned how to defend myself when it comes to bullying! But thank you!!! And you're right!!! I should change my look, I completely agree!!!

• I think you're cute. Completely honest here.

• Awe, thank you!

• Hmm, thanks for telling me.
      It was fun talking to you. You look great! I wish you the best.

• Thank you so much!!!

• Nice eyes

• You look fine

• Easy on the hair. Aside from that you look very nice

• You still haven't reached your final form! Learn to love yourself and others will too.

• Aw you poor girl. You just need some personal attention and love. That is all.

• You look beautiful, now shut up and quit worrying about how you look.

• you look ok but you have to smile

• Wow looking like a Barbie doll.

• Is that a good thing or a bad thing? 😂

• Obviously it's a GREAT thing.

• Well alright then!!!

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• You're not ugly at all, actually very pretty for your age :) when I was your age I was the definition of a ugly duckling :D but hey we all grow don't we ;)

Just take it easy girl, you're only 15 you have your entire teens left yet to blossom into the beautiful young woman you wish to be. Honestly I wish I was more chilled during my teens, I used to worry too but now in hindsight I was a child it didn't matter how I looked what matters really is to enjoy your young years because as you get older you will crave time to be a child where shit all matters.

Anyway sorry going off on a tangent here lol but yeah just take it easy, if you're not happy about something change it. The gym is an excellent way to get rid of stress, so not only will that tackle your stress problem but also will build your confidence and give you the body you want.

From experience keep your stress in check, I'm highly sensitive to stress and had Bell's Palsy (half my face was paralysed) because of stress for a whole month, it's the worst thing that has ever happened to me and I'm left with permanent changes in my face - which I've accepted. I know go counselling and gym regularly to keep my stress levels in check.

Keep that stress under control, go to the gym or just do regular exercise it will definitely help get rid of it.

• Also make-up is a great way to camouflage things, but only do it if you feel comfortable and accept yourself the way you are :)

The right side of my face was the side that was paralysed and it's permanently smaller than my left side of the face but when I put makeup on I can barely notice it myself - although at times it does upset me because my face used to be very symmetrical :(

• I had a friend once with a similar problem. Her mum made her wear her hair tied back really tight for school with no bangs allowed. She had one eye that looked in the wrong direction. Her doctor made her sit and try and raise her eyebrows separately and move around the muscles in that side of her face everyday for 5 - 10 minutes. The difference in shape of your eyes is apparently cause by lack of muscle use in your lazy eye area. Covering it up with bangs would probably make that worse because you would use those muscles less subconsciously. Its been like 7 years and that girls face/eyes changed a lot and became more symmetrical - but she wasn't as pretty as you to begin with.

You have a gorgeous mouth shape and face shape. And your eyes are pretty colour. If you can exercise your lazy eye eyebrow it might even out your eyes.

• Awe... thank you!!! I hope your friend can keep it up!!! I'm happy for them!!!
      And though... the only reason why my eye is like that is because my retina is torn It'll never grow sadly, or even out itself I am completely blind out of it. But I will try to exercise my muscles to see if a miracle can happen! I will still try!!

• Hey no probs. She couldn't see out her other eye very well so apparently she used the muscles around it less for her emotions day to day. We were around your age when she started exercising it but it did take a while to make an effect obviously. The effect was that her eyebrow and eye shape became more even but it was hard to start with but got easier. I wish I could show you a photo! But she also uses make up to make her eyebrows a similar height to help. But the natural effect the exercise had made a big difference. But literally her eyes both look in completely different directions at least yours look in similar directions in your photo.

• Ah, I see!!! I'll try to excercise it then!!!
      And well, even if you could send a picture, I'd rather you not, because she need to have her privacy too. 😊

• I have central heterochromia, I love it. I think your kind of heterochromia is cool too, makes you unique! I think you're cute. It's normal to feel insecure and a little weird at your age, though sometimes we don't grow out of these things - I feel the same at 25 as I did at 14/15 but hey ho. Listen to your friends and your boyfriend but don't place all your self esteem in their hands. Remember you're beautiful for you and nobody else :)

• Awe, thank you!
      But I am glad that you are doing well!

• Here it goes... Honest truth... The biggest problem with your face is that it is asymmetrical, your can easily overcome this w/ make-up. Second biggest problem with your face is that you don't smile. You'll look so much prettier if you are happy! One thing I've learnt about appearances is that smiling people are the most attractive.

• Okay!!! I'll try to smile more! I don't really want to look attractive, but if it makes me look a bit better, I'll try it!! And well, I wish I knew how to put makeup on, I don't own any because I feel so artificial wearing it. But, my eye is naturally smaller than my left eye, can you please tell me how to fix that, it would be a big help!! Thank you!!

• Listen here, you may have flaws but don't ever let some person bring you down, to different eye colors that's cool like really cool, lazy eye so, every body has one like seriously just look you'll see it, literally no is perfect, if eating helps eat maybe eating fruits will help, I weight about the same as you, shit I eat fruit and drink Kale smoothies but I still like fatty foods honestly I still eat them. I've been diagnosed with depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder. Imagine the eating I do, I listen to music a lot because it helps, if you're hungry it actually could be your brain saying its thirsty because I can't tell the difference, so drink a bottle of water.

• Okay!!! Thank you so much for the advice!
      And I hope everything goes well with your bipolor disorder, anxiety and depression!

• I think you're pretty. I especially like your hair, the color is beautiful. I think if you added a little makeup and smiled some more, you could look even better. Your boyfriend says you're extremely pretty, you should believe him. it's true :)

• You look gorgeous sweetheart! we all have imperfections and really there is nothing wrong with your eye. plus, the pigment of your eyes are beautiful too! so lucky.
    Don't be so hard on yourself and stay happy :)

• Okay! Thank you! 😊

• I think two toned eyes are awesome. My SIL are different and I like it. And you have the cutest lips.
    But the best thing is confidence. I know when I had it (I don't at the moment) or when I see people with it, it's more of a magnet than what's on the skin.

• You're not ugly at all. You just look angry

• Ah, I've been told that a lot. It's my resting face, I'll try to smile more in pictures. But thank you!

• you look beautiful!!!

• You have a boyfriend who tells you you're extremely pretty... I could never keep a man ! You have gorgeous hair, my hair is so thin and I hardly have any, your skin is gorgeous my face is full of acne, your face looks healthy I look like a corpse.. embrace your nice features

• Awe, thank you...
      But hey, I'm sure you look amazing!
      Don't beat yourself up, okay? I guarente you look magnificent!