What even is considered pretty?

My husband told me I'm not as cute as I think. I use to think highly of myself early 20s. But now I'm 30 and I feel I'm just average. I honestly don't know what is attractive these days.

Most Helpful Guy

• i think your husband is just trying to deflate some of your ego... make you feel replaceable. its a technique... works too. I've used it.
    seriously, you're 30? yikes... good genes.

• Born 1986 :) like I said earlier, I use to think highly of myself/was really confident.
      But that confidence is long gone.

• Yeah but I asked GAG to take it down. If I had known we couldn't delete our questions I never would have posted.

• its alright... i saw the pic... ur hot... and i don't say that about a lot of people... you would be alright.

Most Helpful Girl

• I find it hilarious how men constantly say "Oh, but you're so pretty! You must think so too!" but as soon as we actually believe it, they do everything in their power to make us feel worthless in the end.

Don't listen to him, he is so wrong. I think he might even be saying it to make himself feel more "like a man". Like, he's the one who's supposed to build your confidence up so when he finds out that you don't need him for that, he feels emasculated. Anyway, you're beautiful. Don't give him what he wants, keep thinking highly of yourself!

What Guys Said 29

• I don't know, you're pretty cute to me.
    Then again, I have no idea how cute you think you are.
    If he sees you as a 9/10, and you see yourself a a 10/10, you're still in the upper reaches of what it is to be cute, while still having a higher opinion of yourself than he thinks you're actually at.
    I'm babbling.

• I knew everyone was gonna say crap about your husband.. you were almost asking for it. You do in fact look average/pretty, and for him to end up saying something like that, it sounds like you twtwo where discussing or something. Sounds like you put too much value in yourself in a way that may annoy him?

In the way that he is the one that deals with you everyday, and that level of comfort and intimacy sure changes the way he sees you. He got used to seeing you.

But I really dodo think that there another side to this story, am I right? I'd like to read it please

• To be honest my husband and I are on the verge of a divorce after being married for 7 years and 2 kids later. He doesn't know if he wants to be with me or not. I know that his shift is how he views me is changing because of his negative outlook towards me. But I don't know if there is truth to it or not because I see myself as very undesirable right now. It might be because of where I am at it my life.

• From what you say, it sounds much more as a mental state and the way he sees you, is only a reflection of the way he thinks of you, and not about your actual looks. We all know that our views about someone's visual can change based on our personality perception of that person.
      I think that is what is happening. You are in no way ugly, so it's not about your actual looks, just the way he thinks of you.

• You're attractive and your husband sounds like a dickhead.

• Trust me. Unless you've let yourself go to seed, you're still attractive. The most important thing to me is to keep the weight constant, not an easy thing to do.

• Your husband's a twat. I think you're really pretty. And I'll admit, I have high standards too. I'm too superficial and trying to work on it. So me thinking you're pretty says something.

• Your HUSBAND is wrong! You do belong on the cover of a magazine.

• Darn I guess I missed the picture! Now I'm curious. message me?

• The girl in the picture is very attractive.

• You're very pretty

• if i said that to my wife i would be in the dog house after i built it.

• hun you look fine but he's right 20s to 30s is a big change
    so you probably don't look as good as before but don't worry hun you are not ugly

• You are extremely attractive... And I don't just throw around that word... You're husband probably wants you to think that so that you don't feel like you're too good for him, and leave him.

• I think you're super pretty
    And you dont look 30
    No offense to you or hubby but i would destroy 🙊

• You are attractive

• You're very pretty, looks like you're in your early 20s. If you have a big ego you might want to tone it down a bit though.

• Your husband is obviously blind or stupid or most probably both. Divorce him!

• You look so cute & gorgeous.

• How I can say anything

• Super cute.

• Did you gain weight?

• your husband is blind! you are sexy and beautifull!

• You're beautiful. I like your eyes

• "My husband told me I'm not as cute as I think."

What a douchebag

• I'll bet your a looker! He's probably losing it... lol!!

• You are cute and nice looking, si what's the problem?

• Did you kick your husband in the balls for this statement? lol. I think you're very attractive and cute. I would still think highly of yourself.

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• I think you're lovely... don't listen to negativity. We all grow older but you don't need to worry about aging gracefully, you're already so gorgeous

• Your husband is a douche-bag. Get rid of that fuck-boy and don't listen to all the fuck-boys here. Cheat on him, get a divorce and take all his shit :)

• Wow your husband said that to you? you're very cute! What he said is disrespectful. Dont listen to him.

• Your husband said that to you? That's a dick move.

I think you're gorgeous.

• 7/10

• What a terrible thing for him to say! Besides, you're gorgeous