I'm a bigger girl. I'm 5,6 and 145 pounds. Is that too fat? I'm in grade 10 btw?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your BMI is in healthy range, so I would have to see a picture to tell if this is your normal weight. You are at most 10 lbs above your estimated natural weight, by the way. Assuming you aren't muscular. At most.

Don't gain weight from here, though. Unless it's muscle, I guess.

TL;DR: you are at least 0 and at most 10 lbs over your natural weight, but you are still in healthy range, therefore you are not fat.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a question only you can answer for yourself. Does your body do what you want? Does it take you where you want to go?

You honestly don't sound "bigger" to me. You sound normal. Just go out find your own level of wellness that works for YOU.

What Guys Said 13

• its not extremely bad, i think if anything, you can just tone down a bit.

• Yes tbh no offense sorry

• Oh wait that's taller than I read at first, that's probably fine

• It depends on your build to be honest. For some that would be a completely normal weight and look good while for somebody else they could look quite chubby and not so good.

• thats not bad your smaller than my wife

• Depends on your height I guess you can be 145 and be 5'10 and still be skinnier than a girl that's 130 and 5'2

• Medically or Socially?

• It is fat.

• that is a bit too fat. i think u need to lose at least 45 pounds

• Nah, it's fine for your height.

4 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• It entirely depends on you. It varies from person to person! Different fat disposition, bone weight, muscles... You can even look skinny or a bit chubby (absolutely not fat!)
    I know that for example I look at least 12 pounds skinnier than what the scale says! I had a friend my weight and height but she looked chubby! So if you want a clear answer we need a picture :)

• Depends, we'd have to see pictures. I know people who's BMI is borderline over weight (and yours is actually in the healthy range which is good) but it's because they are fit and have a lot of muscle.

• It really depends on how muscular you are, how large your frame is, how dense your bones are, and how your fat is distributed. BMI (calculated by height and weight) really doesn't mean much.

• Same height and weight as you.
    Nothing wrong with this weight.

• That's big for your age and height

• No it's not, check bmi

• @Mesonfielde it is largely true. Unless you are an extreme number then it serves little to no purpose. Someone with a 'normal' bmi could be super unhealthy. A regular bmi just means you aren't carrying a ton of extra weight or are abnormally skinny. It has nothing to do with showing how in shape a person is. A person with a high bmi can be due to having extra muscle mass and being extremely in shape. The bmi would show them as overweight but that's clearly not the case.

• @ihatethiswebsite that is true.

• Lol no, I'm 5'6" and I weight way more than you and I'm not even fat.

• That's not even big. There's nothing wrong with your body, so don't stress.

• Thats normal weight

• Girl who goes a dam is skinny u r just be who you are ignore mean people I'm sure it very nice by the way I'm in 5th grade and am 5" 9 and am 10

• So being a healthy weight for your height is now considered a "bigger girl?"

• your bmi is in the healthy range

• What about your height. say like 170cm 150 cm

1 private opinion(s)