Should I consider a career in modeling?

Should I consider a career in modeling?

People always tell me I should, I think their bluffing though. A lot of people think I have blue eyes but honestly their green

Most Helpful Guy

• No.

1) standard modelling is for girls who are 5'8 or better yet 5'10 and exceptionally, naturally thin. They watch what they eat, but really, they're not looking for girls who are naturally curvy who dieted down. They're looking for naturally slim, small boned but tall.
    2) while a few start at your age, most start years earlier. It takes a while to build up, and frankly your late teens IS your prime for modelling. You know, before you fully fill out.
    3) the pay is horrible. Sure you make a fair bit in an hour of modelling. But if you focus on modelling, you are paid for very few hours relative to how much time you have to work at getting those hours. The average full time female model in the u. s. makes less than 30k a year.
    4) the industry is sleazy as hell. It's mainly teen girls being asked to go to parties where they're pumped with drinks and drugs by guys trying to sleep with them with vague, possibly true stories about working with them.
    5) it's hell on their self esteem. You're never pretty enough and never thin enough 98% of the time as a working model. And then you're too old before you've even finished college.

I know a few former models. Most tell me they'd forbid their daughters from doing it.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 34

• Not really.

• I think modelling is very hard to get into (I could be wrong?). You have a lot of competition so because of that, I'm not sure how easy it would be for you. You have the beauty in my opinion for sure. You're not "model thin" though which may work against you. I'm not saying you're fat because you're not, just not "model thin" (too thin most of them in my opinion). Go for it if it's what you really want to do but I'd have a back up plan B if it doesn't work out.

• They are just being nice.

But if that's what you want pursue it. There is no shame in failing, only in not trying.

• You're pretty but I'd be wary of a career in modelling. I don't know much but I know it's a ruthless industry. I honestly think you're better off steering clear.

• Don't quit your day job
    Everyone wants to model

• No...

• First of all, even HOT girls don't get paid a lot to model...

I think it's very rare to make a living that way...

Second of all, you're fat...

Do you not know you're fat?

You need to check yourself, please.

• Are you pretty; Very.
    Should you be a Model; No, its an industry that will chew you up and spit you out as a drug addled husk

• sorry you're not model material

your chubby with big tits with an average face.

runway models need to be at least 5 7 or 58 i forget with lean skinny long figure.

you can be a model but unorthodox in my opinion...

• You should not.

• Your cute, but modelling is very competitive so no.

• Really beautiful eyes!

I think you could be a model, or anything you put your mind to.

• No pics of your body. I'd say no I have a feeling you are insecure.

• If you want to, then go for it.

• yes i think you could do it

• What type of model though? ?

• Yes, they are bluffing.

• Yeda you should... Just lose all the weight though

• No go for a strong physics it pays more and sounds impressive at BBQ's

• Sure y not ,, jst cuz ur bbw doesn't mean u can't model , plus now days people r embracing bbw, I think ur hot and u should go for it

• sweets it's ''they're'' not ''their''. i'm a grammar nazi, deal with it. i do love your eyes.

• try it out slut
    see how it goes

• you may try why not

• They're*

• Your opinion is too long or too short

• Sure, plus size modeling though. Not an insult... Love me some thick blonde girls... mmmmm ;)

• Ummm... I don't know how to say this politely, but you should definitely not pursue a career in modeling.

• Face is kind of "meh" but you have amazing tits so maybe

• You can try it, you look really pretty after you apply a bit of makeup

• Well, you seem like you have the skin for it.

Seriously, most top paid models have great looking skin, better than most other girls

4 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 21

• If you did become a model. It would be a plus size model.

Honestly I wouldn't considerate. Since most are jerks and will rip you apart in the business.

• Mmm you are pretty... but I can't tell without a body picture, you seem chubby so if you are tall enough and have good proportions why not as a plus size model.

• Modeling is not as fun as you think and it's actually really difficult and stressful. You really need talent in posing for pictures.
    Also I don't know what your sizes are but you should consider that as well.

• No, only because the modeling world sucks. I wouldn't wish it on any young person. If it's something you want to do, do it, but I'll never stand by a model recommendation.

• I personally dislike that industry, it's just so much pressure for no reason, so I'd never suggest someone to be part of it, but it's your choice at the end, some people might enjoy it, just think about all the things that modelling involves, it's not just about cameras and looking pretty in your pictures

• I think you are really cute, have amazing skin and the second picture your bone structure is awesome, so if you want to do it, then why the hell not?

• Sorry but no. You're cute but you're not a model.

• No. Modeling is a difficult industry. Why don't you pursue something that guarantees you work and money?

• modeling is a crazy job girl

• Too overweight, probably. Unless you go the plus sized route. Not saying you're overweight but in modeling standards you are. You're pretty though.

• Modeling sucks. Get your degree

• You're gorgeous and your skin is flawless! I'd say go for it. And you're from Lansing? Michigan girls for the win 🙌

• Well you'd have to be tall to be a runway model and I don't know how tall you are lol

• Isn't modeling mostly about your body?

• You're veryy pretty!!!

• You're way too big to be a model, I mean maybe plus sized modeling.

• Is this secretly an instsgram promo? Lmao

• Modeling is a hard industry. It can make you hate your body. Be careful, especially since you'd be a plus size model and they get as many jobs as not plus size models. On the other hand if you have the drive and the confidence go for it. Looks wise I think you could make it. Sorry, I mean plus size models don't get as many jobs as modles who aren't plus size.

• Your eyes are pretty.
    As for being a model, eh, I don't think so.

• As long as you have solid confidence and you really really want to do it, I think you could. A few of the photos you posted showed potential, like how you could look with the professional photographers and lighting and all (I don't mean that as a slight; it's like that with anyone). I could easily see you being a model.

But the industry is harsh, from what I've heard and seen. People will try to tear you down, tell you everything about you is wrong, tell you to change in ways you might not be able to without compromising your health and integrity.

Could you do it? I think so.

Should you? It's hard to say.

• Go for it if you want...