Do you think looks matter?

Do you think that looks matter?

Most Helpful Guy

• of course they matter to a certain extend. but looks isn't everything

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to wear thick glasses and couldn't see a thing without them but still ditched them... judging by my exes I'd type no looks don't matter to me because couldn't see what they looked like lol

But no I don't think so... some people will go for looks, others will just want someone they can be happy with..

• I think this would make for a super cool social experiment. Speed dating while blind folded.

• @MoonlitSonata they made a tv show called dating in the dark years ago, similar idea, people where dating in a pitch black room at the end they had to decide whether to meet in the light or leave them.

What Guys Said 18

• they most certainly do.

although I think.. after some heavy drastic life experiences, some people can really override their appeal of attraction to aesthetics and really focus on the inside. this isn't common at all though.

• Looks are what gets your personality's foot in the door. You have to, on some level, find your partner physically desirable.

• Definitely. It's one of several factors that attracts us to someone.

• Yes, anyone who says otherwise is either lying or living in a fantasy world.

• Of course

• They matter I would lie if I said they didn't but just on the surface guys want a great person, intelligent and someone that understands then too

• To an extent.

• If I really like a girl, I don't care if she isn't a raving beauty. Looks tend to be very superficial and some of the best looking people aren't the nicest, so who would want to spend time with them... definitely not me.

• Kind of :P

• no, not at all

• for me it dosen't.

• of course looks matter.

• Yes, of course, but too much in reality

• For me, yes they do very much.
    But they matter more or less to different people.

• yeeah

• Ya, somewhat.

• In a way yes unfortunately we kind of go for looks as much as we say no.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• Yes. Call me shallow, but that's often what has attracted me to a guy in the first place. Then I find out more about him and get to know his values and personality, and then I know if he's still someone I want to pursue. I definitely think there needs to be more than looks that attract you to a person though--beauty fades, people age. In the long run, our good looks might go away, but I still want to be with someone who gets me, I get him, and we make each other laugh.

• of course they do

• yes i do

• Yes, but they're not the end-all-be-all.

• I used to now I know hot guys are jerks

• To a certain extent, yes.