How often do you wash your hair?

I wash mine every 2-3 days. If I wash it Monday I won't wash it Tuesday or Wednesday but possibly Thursday. Sometimes not until Friday. Between those times I just use a handful of condioner in the shower & brush my hair.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wash my hair whenever I feel like I should wash it. Could be a few days could be nearly a month. It's funny because you'd think something bad would happen like it starts to smell or look weird but my hair doesn't it just stayed the same. I also had dreadlocks for 7 years and washing those too often without giving them proper time to dry can make them have a smell so I guess my scalp just adapted to the lack of hair washing during that time period. Now that I have shortish hair and I still wash my hair so little im beginning to think shampoo companies are making money off of putting your hair into a vicious cycle so you feel like you need it. Or maybe my hairs just weird.

Most Helpful Girl

• some times I wash my hair once a week. My hair is naturally extremely dry, and I don't even have to towel dry my hair, it will come out of the shower with a squeeze, almost dry and in a few hours it will completely dry without a blow dryer! I also read in a magazine that if you wash your skin too much then it strips your body of it's natural oils which is what you need. If you shower too much you could cause your body some form of eczema.

What Guys Said 10

• Usually two to three times per week, conditioning every day. If I wash more frequently, it gets ratty, and any less is too greasy.

• shampoo every time I go to the gym. if no gym throughout the week. I do Monday, and thrusday. Other days, just some water.

• Every morning before I leave the house

• Depends how long my hair gets. Also I have Asian hair so I need to wash it at least 4-5 times per week.

• Every morning

• every second day

• I run water through my hair every day but I don't use any hair products

• every other day

• I put lemon on my hair every two mornings to run and then i wash it

• I'm very oily so daily. My hair will be absolutely disgusting every morning before I shower.

What Girls Said 9

• Everyday. I couldn't stand having unwashed hair in case it smells horrible or feels nasty. I run more or less everyday, or at least go to the gym once a day and I need to wash my hair to remove the sweat and product. It's a must for me.

• My hair would be so so dry if I did that. Do you have straight or curly hair?

• Yes you have to respond to your hair's needs. I have straight hair with a slight wave. I only shampoo it once and use a pre-conditioner every Sunday (Philip Kingsley Elasticiser). I do condition and put product in it too. I rarely dry it unless I have an event that day/night.

• I have to wash my hair every day or at least every other day. If I go more than two days, it gets too oily and gross looking.

• Yup, my hair washing routine is exactly like yours. It's not very healthy to wash it too often so I just like to let the natural oils kick in. My hair doesn't get too oily usually after 2 days it will start but then I just put powder or dry shampoo and im alright. Plus my hair is very thick so I get kinda lazy to wash it often lmao.

• everyday, that's why it is so fucked

• I wet my hair every morning, but use shampoo and conditioner after 2 days. i heard that washing it too often will eventually make the hair dry and whatever. Whether it's true or not, I still do the routine.

• Whenever I go out so that people can judge my grossness. Which is every day except for weekends.

• Every other day because it's THICK AS HELL and takes fucking decades to blow dry and straighten.

• 1 by week, every Sunday

• Me too like you