Does anyone else have a personality that doesn't match your appearance?

I look like a child, dress conservativley and am always polite. so most people are surprised that I have a strong interest in martial arts and firearms. I never thought it was odd for a male to be interested in such things. People seem to be very surprized when I tell them what interest me.

so I used to draw guns often and people would be quite surprized going through my sketchbook. I drew this in highschool.

this is my face

I also like to play that "knife game" almost daily with real knives people really find that odd.

so anyways does anyone else not completely as they appear?
Sould I try to have "cute" hobbies and interest to match my exterior appearance or vice versa?

thank youuu! :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah. Surprises are good! You don't need to change yourself to meet other people's expectations. :)

I'm like that too. People get surprised when they hear me speak. They expect me to have a high-pitched, "cute" voice when I have a slightly low and raspy one. Also with the tone of my voice, people thought I was "nice" and I really am, I just don't smile a lot when I'm talking, that's why they think I'm arguing with them or something. 😣

They also get surprised when I tell them I like basketball. It's kinda hilarious. 😂

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a short Asian guy who drives a full sized truck in San Francisco who also enjoys guns and premium knives.

I'm sure I'm not the typical Asian American either. xD

What Girls Said 6

• I have a infamous case of RBF (Resting bitch face), but my personality would be if Mae West had a baby with Paul Mooney and that kid had a kid with Malcom X and that kid made offspring with DL Huggely and that kid married and screwed Bill Maher and that kid screwed Eddie Griffin and that kid had a kid out of wedlock with Dave Chapelle and that kid slide into Rebel Wilson's Dm's and that kid had with Bill Clinton and that kid was messing around with Kevin Hart and that kid popped out Kat Williams and had a kid who had a threesome with Chelsea Handler and Richard Pryor so she can't tell who is the farther is and then birthed Melissa MacCarthy! Yes lol... and then BAMM Popped out ME!☺😁😀😃 I'm super friendly... I just look like I wanna murder people a lot, but that's not my fault lol.

• Guess I'd be Jacked Harry then. People always assume I'm either a bitch or really dumb I don't know whyyy, weird yeah😂. They're just jelly cause I have the potential to get pipped down from their boyfriends or I won't give em any of my kitten😘

• Too lazy for that, I'd prefer to know beforehand what I am dealing with ;)

• @takumii SWEETIE... if I don't got itttt! You don't want itπŸ˜‰πŸ˜ˆ

• Nah, never change your hobbies to match your face, it actually makes you more interesting! Keep breaking stereotypes!

• I look young, sweet and innocent and super girly and feminine, but truth is I dabbled in sex work, have a coke addiction, enjoy heavy metal and underground rap, and I enjoy playing D&d time to time.

• I think my face matches my personality really well. Tho I've been told I look innocent, which I'm not at all. And I don't see it at all xD

• i look youthful and innocent and cute but i like sex a lot and am kinda an asshole. best of both worlds.

• People usually think I look sweet and innocent and are surprised to find out I'm not.

What Guys Said 6

• No, my personality matches up to my appearance.

• I get this all the time. I'm told I come across as mean, intimidating or angry (resting bitch face for a guy) until they talk to me and find out I am rather charming, funny and friendly. Be who you are not what people expect you to be. Plus it's nice to have something interesting about you saved for only special people.

• I don't know. I think my appearance is kinda neutral to what my personality is or hobby is. By the way, just mad drawing skillage in the village there

• I'm the same way. I look like a prissy, effeminate hipster, but I'm a metalhead, like spending time outdoors, etc.

• Me lol... People say I look like a "fighter" or intimidating but I'm like the nicest guy you'll ever meet lol just don't talk shit and we're all good!

• I have been told so by multiple people both in RL and online xD