What are the perks of being a late bloomer?

Most people think I'm 12 or 13 but I'm 15... It seems hard to get a guy to like you because of this. Like what 15 year old wants a girlfriend with a 12 year old body?

I actually like being a late bloomer. I find it funny when people guess my age wrong.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, one of the perks of being a late bloomer is being hotter than everyone else when you are older. Sure you look young now, but when you are in your late 20's and all the other women start to go down hill, you will be in your prime.

And actually you should be fine even before that. I was a huge nerd, kinda chubby, and short in middle school. Well between 8th grade and freshman year of high school I grew 7 inches and lost a bunch of weight. By the time high school was over I was actually fairly attractive and somewhat cool. Just give yourself time, you will grow into you...

Most Helpful Girl

• You are only 15. Don't worry about boyfriends at that age. Have friends have fun work hard in school so when you are a bit older you can travel do international student programs etc I did that n i dont regret it. I didn't had a real boyfriend until I was 24 and out of college. After that I traveled more met awesomen people and had lots of fun being older made me more aware of what I want and what i didn't want in a man. And saved me lots of tears and drama. Now I'm 32 n just married. I don't regret at all that I didn't rush into dating while I was all teen

What Guys Said 28

• I wouldn't worry. There are people (your age, or a few years older but still in the "appropriate" age range) who will be interested in you, who won't mind, or will even really like, how you look.
    Some guys like petite girls. And they aren't perverts or bad people because of it.

• This ill be an inconvenience for a few years. When you are older, it will be a tremendous advantage. I know that doesn't make you feel better now.

• Well if they aren't interested yet, they will be in 3 years, and that will be more legally convenient.

• I have 5 brothers and even at 6'3 218 I am smallest of em, Mom say I'd end up biggest of em all but seeing this is my senior year and I'm alrdy 18 I really doubt that, Altho I won't really be surprised if I did because I'm such a beast. My every brother was late Bloomer altho they were pretty big from starts but yea

• Don't worry about how young you look. I'm 19, but I look young for my age and girls say they like that I look young and find it attractive.

• Well it will be an advnatage later in life when your older so there's that lol.

• Dodge unwanted attention.

• Better late than never I guess.

• Well, you'll age better

• When you're 30 and look 21 you'll appreciate your young looks more

• Don't worry about it at all. It's definitely not a big deal. I was a late bloomer aswell, like really late, didn't hit it until junior year. Nobody really looks for that, just be yourself.

• people always used to think i was like 3 years younger, so it sounds like i was in the same boat. Now everyone thinks im about 23 haha

• Umm
    What's the matter with your body
    I mean is it appearance or something else?

• one of the perks is you get to watch everyone else make the mistakes and you learn from them. so when you do bloom you can just walk right in and get what you want

• The shock and amazement in people eyes when they haven't seen you for a few years!

• None.

• I think late bloomers age slower.

yay?

• Longer childhood

• When you are in your 30s your peers will start to age and become less and less desirable, but you will still look as good as you did in your 20s.

• You age late. It's turn off in youth and turn on in your 30s...

• im curious what you look like now xD

• When your 50 people will think your 45 that's about it

• It's better later in life. I'm 38 and recently had an 18 year old who liked me. She was surprised and thought I was a lot younger when she asked me how old I was

• (From your update) that's the spirit! You'll benefit later. It's so much fun and I love shocking people. When I was about 32 I answered my front door to a salesman. He asked me if my mum was home. I had a difficult time convincing him I was the home owner lol. So funny

• Well in my experience the benefits don't start kicking in until your 20s. You still look like an older teenager while everyone else starts looking more and more like a middle aged person.

• You can learn everything from your friends , learn from the other boys. Especially you will be mentally prepared and physically.

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 18

• lol girl... this is such a trivial matter. let me just say that having a boyfriend at 15 is pointless anyway. wait till ur 18 then come back to us :P
    i wasn't a late bloomer but the ones i know who were, usually turned out pretty sexy, so keep ur chin up!

• You will look younger in your 30's too. 😄
    If you are short, you can get away with kid's ticket prices. (had to say this 😂)
    You can shock people with your age. 💁

• Okay, I feel your pain. I'm twenty stuck in a fourteen year olds body. And it's hard. You've gotta embrace your young looks though. Sometimes it helps to dress a little older (not in a sexy way, just a classy little older way) it helps to put your hair up, to wear a little darker makeup. But girl, embrace your looks! You're beautiful and it won't be long before you'll start looking more your age. Don't worry! :) <3

• I have the same thing. I am 18 and people think I am in middle school! I figure that as long as guys do not think of you as hot but they think of you as cute, you have more time to figure out who you are before you start dating. I have never had a boyfriend but I am starting to figure out who I am.

• I look very young (I'm 21 and look about 17) and always have. It used to annoy me but I realize now that guys are still attracted to me. If you look older you have a harder time pulling off that cute girl next door type of look, so that look is what I try to embrace!

• You get to trick or treat at the age of 18 and not be judged.
    You can get free or cheap kids discounts at restaurants.
    You'll probably stay youthful looking longer than others
    You can get into events like the fair or museums at kid rates
    Many perks :)
    I love when people think I'm younger than I am

• You'll look awesome when you're like 40 lol

• I don t have any positives yet
    people think I am 17 and 19 year olds hit on me when I want late 20s...
    sucks -_-

• I don't I think it's better! I looked older growing up and I hated it.

• you don t look older -_-

• @archiz hahaa thanks ^_^ but when I used to be in middle school and elementary school I was taller and my boobs started growing when I was 9 haha!!! I had to go in the back row in la photo de class with the tall kids and I hated it! But then I stopped growing lol

• lol I wish I grew like that xD
      I was always a midget and sat in front xD

• Don't beat your self up, if a guy concidering to be your boyfriend , then he is already excepted your body. There are a few perks to being a late bloomer : a you can learn from your friends mistakes, guys will more likely keep better eye contact with you, and you don't have to worry about periods yet.

• Timeis standing still for you and is on your side.

• People guess my age wrong all the time. The perks come later in life.

And more private opinions, I'm going to keep tagging y'all until either get rid of this feature for under 18, or I hope you moderate them. Or until you ban me lol
    @Menguc
    @Tolga
    @RedRain
    @xHoneyxBeex
    @GirlsAskGuys
    @DiogoRibeiro

• I think a pro would definitely be when you do bloom and someone you used to like looks at you and goes "DAMN!!! WHO IS SHE?" and they find out who you are and you get to be like "Yeah. You had your chance and you blew it. I hope you have fun watching me walk away from your shallow ass."

• Or even better; when someone who was mean to you about your body looks at you and goes "DAMN!!! WHO IS SHE?" and you get to do that.

• Lol 😂😂😂😂😂 love it!

• I'm glad I could help. I had that happen. It was awesome. I was in the mall and my sister was like; "One of those boys just checked you out." I said; "Pfft. Yeah right, those kids bullied me in school." She said; "He just looked you ALL up and down. I know what I saw." Best thing to ever happen in the mall. Ever. I wasn't a late bloomer, but I was late coming out of the awkward phase that tortured me for over 10 years.

• Plenty of guys will want you! Have you tried flirting with guys or anything yet?

• is this a boy or girl

• I started late. I was almost 14. That was nice except I didn't know what other girls were complaining about. Also, I think people were nicer to me and more willing to overlook social blunders because I still had a baby face. I also seemed to develop late mentally. I was still concerned about childish things and was put off and embarrassed by the idea of you-know-what until I was 14.

• Honestly, one of the perks is not having your first period at 10. Which by the way is waaayy before you're ready. And you don't have people telling you at 9 you need a bra.
    I was the opposite. I bloomed extremely early. Lol

• You might have the same body forever.