Stretch marks or varicose veins?

Stretch marks or varicose veins?

Hello, this is a genuine question: "are these stretch marks or varicose veins?". I've had these horrific, red/white scars on my thighs for 6 months. I do think it's because of puberty, because it was the same time that I started to gain weight. I'm not an obese person, and I'm active, but I still do have stretch marks on my butt, and whatever these are on my thighs. I've used bio oil, cocoa butter and scar removal cream. It doesn't seem to work well on my thighs. Can anyone identify what this is, and suggest ways of getting rid of them or reducing the noticeablitly of them? Thankyou! Also, do they look bad? I get self conscious of them.

Most Helpful Girl

• They are stretch marks. You can fade them way more quickly if you exfoliate the area with one of those rough sponges (don't rub the area so hard that it hurts or gets sore) and by putting pure shea butter on the area at night and in the morning every day. It also helps to exfoliate at night so your skin can replenish it's self more quickly in your sleep. I only suggest shea butter over coco butter just because I have only used and gotten results from shea butter. You know the shea butter is pure if it is hard. Unrefined shea butter
    can vary in color from ivory, grayish-white, beige, pale-well, any shade of yellow and any shade of off-white (not pure white and not brown) You can find it for cheap on amazon or in local African stores.

What Guys Said 9

What Girls Said 9

• Stretch marks. We all get 'em at some point, and they don't look bad

• Since you're young and still growing they're more thank likely stretch marks. Don't worry everyone get them.

• I had exactly those, after some time they turned white and now they are barely noticeable if not gone, so don't worry.

• Okay, Thankyou. How long did this process from red to white take?

• With me it took 6 months or so. It is very different from person to person. Coconut oil helped A LOT, and by the time I used it they faded quickly.

• Stretch marks.
    If you want to make sure they fade to almost nothing you can use cocoa butter, bio oil or for a homemade option a coffee scrub.

• stretchmarks. they are fresh if you put cocoa butter on them you can actually prevent them from fully developing

• Okay, I've been doing that for about a month. It's making them fade, Thankyou 😊

• i'd do something now while they're fresh

• definitely a stretch mark

• those are stretch marks

• Stretch marks, try rubbing vitamin e or evening primrose oil. They look fine to me :)