The first girl I ever asked out rejected me, why? Is it my looks?

I'm somewhat introverted, and it took a lot for me to finally ask a girl out but when I do... she rejects me.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're cute

Must have been another reason, for sure

Besides you will not be everyone's type, so maybe you just werent hers...

Anyways it can be any reason lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Strongly doubt it. There's plenty of good reasons a person could have to not want to date you, and a lot of them don't even have to have anything to do with you at all.

If you're looking to be with someone, it's fair to put yourself out there and just ask girls out on dates. You don't need to spend an enormous amount of time getting to know someone first, that's the point of dating. Your looks would probably benefit you in getting more dates if you're willing to ask women out. Get some experience, and you'll get more confident. Don't fear rejection, that's just going to be part of it sometimes and it'll build character.

What Girls Said 35

• wlc to the real world where everything isn t all rainbows and butterflies :P
    no srsly, people will reject and get rejected all the time... it doesn t mean that there is smthng wrong with you, you re just not the type of person she might be interested in.
    also there are a lot of reasons,... maybe she already likes or is seeing someone else.
    maybe she is not interested in dating anyone right now
    maybe you approached her awkwardly and gave a bad impression
    maybe you sounded like a creep? :P
    etc etc...

• You're very attractive, it's definitely not your looks. Nearly everyone gets rejected, don't worry too much about it.

• no you looks cute , i would have gone on a date with you,,, maybe is just taken , and will regret it :)

• no way its your looks. its just one girl there can be any reason for rejection. good job for trying.. try others:)

• Not your looks.

• This has to be a joke... ur really hot... like wow. Might be your personality. But I don't know. Introverts get girls. My boyfriend is one and he's awesome. Im an introvert too, so u just have to find a match.

• Nope it's not your looks. You're adorable. <3

• Just like me and everyone else you're not going to be everyone's type. She might like guys who look different from you.

• Nooope, definitely not your looks because you're handsome. Perhaps it was the way you did it?

• Hell nah, ain't your looks. Maybe she has a bf? or not interested. Don't be so discouraged though. There is someone out there!

• Definitely not your looks, you're really attractive!

It could be anything, and girls care about more than just looks. I can understand how much it sucks being introverted, and how much courage it takes to ask a girl out. Let this one go, you have no reason to be insecure about your looks!

• well you are stereotypically attractive but not everyone has the same type so it might've been that but i dont think its your looks, maybe you just have completely different personalities and she wasn't feeling your vibe.

• Your hot. What you need to realise is that girls are different from guys. A hot girl going and asking a guy out 99.5% of the time he will say yes, but a hot guy asking a girl out well it's not just about looks we think before we accept and there could be 1 million reasons.

• You're hot, but there are a million reasons a particular girl could turn you down (taken, already in love, you're not her type, she wasn't looking for anything, etc). Don't let your confidence be crushed after just that one time.

• she probably wasn't interested, that doesn't make you unattractive just that she was unattractED. you are decent looking so unless your personality sucks, she's missing out

• You're actually very attractive. Are you kidding me?

• yeah. it's not your looks. you're on the well groomed side... probably your personality or confidence level

• not because of your looks ats all

• Hmm I don't think it was your looks

• You're attractive. Maybe just not her type.

• Nah you're fine

• It can't be because of your looks.

• It's not your looks I'll tell you that

• you are a very good looking young man. its her loss keep trying don't give up.

• I don't know ur very attractive sir! But I don't know y she wouldn't go out with a lucky guy like u

• no u look nice

• your hot

• You look fine and cute😀

• She's dumb then bc you're good looking af 👏🏼👌🏼

• maybe it's not your looks. maybe she has a type and you're not it? or maybe she had a guy lines up already. who knows. maybe she's gay?

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 22

• When a girl rejects you, DON'T and I repeat DON'T hold it upon your looks or YOURSELF. No matter how good looking you are everyone gets rejected from time to time it's just life man. But learn to accept it and move on, you'll find your girl just keep trying.

• It can't be because of your looks, your haircut matches your face, you're well-groomed and a man can't dress any better than you do in this photo.

May I ask how old you are exactly?

Because an awful lot of girls in the 18-24 age range don't like the well put-together type of guy , they often go for the douchebags who only care about "fun", you are maybe too sophisticated for girls your age...

You say you're an introvert... girls often go for those loud obnoxious guys for whatever reason...

• I'm 23 turning 24. I don't know I guess I was just a little confused, because she was showing all of the signs of her being interested too.

• Oh, then you should come back to her ! Maybe she didn't want to make it "easy" for you "

Girls play an awful lot of those "games" ! She's playing a game with you to test whether you're really serious with her since you are good-looking enough to be able to easily get another girl !

• Did she give you a reason? Don't focus on it much, just move on. Maybe she had a boyfriend or is dating someone else (or likes someone). Maybe you're just not her type. It always stings to be rejected but if it helps at all, we all have been. It's far more common (especially these days) to be rejected then not.

• No, it's not your looks. Girls don't make sense. It could've been any number of combination of reasons. She could've even wanted to say yes but didn't because -- well -- girl logic. Don't think anything of it and move on. There's always more. Girls try to overvalue themselves and society plays along but there are literally billions in the world. You'll find one eventually and if not don't beat yourself up. Girls have been more trouble than they're worth in my experience.

• Very true words from this man here !

Something I want to add to girls overvaluing themselves: As we men know, girls want us to approach them first and make the first move - however, they sometimes complain about this :" Why don't I get approached?" - "Why do I only attract "creeps" ? "Why are there no good men?"

-> Girls project themselves, or their value so to speak, onto the guys they are able to attract !

Hence, even an "average" girl will (often, deepening on her confidence and ego) want an above average guy- since she believes to be "above average" herself as in "I deserve to be treated like a princess" - I once watched a documentary about 2 middle-aged women looking for a man, and even at age 40, they believe they're entitled to a man who has a higher societal status than them ! -

They didn't even asks themselves "What do I contribute to the interaction or potential relationship? " - That's what a princess does...

• Be glad ! The worst thing that could happen happened. So what would you be afraid of now? Go on to the next one, and then the next one etc...

• Unless you are a player, or some version of the sociopathic bad boy, about 99 out of 100 girls will reject you.
    Most girls in your age range want players and assholes. They thrive on heartbreak and a rollercoaster ride of drama in their lives, which could be used as a script for a bad soap opera.
    That is how things are.

• Not your looks. Maybe it was your delivery. Ask her why... perhaps she already has a date.

• It's not because of your looks because you're a good-looking guy (#nohomo). I'm pretty sure it has to do with your personality. As you may know, women care more about personality than us blokes.

• No, you need more than good looks. Maybe it's your confidence since you said you're an introvert. You might not be her type. Don't take rejection personally, and move on to the next.

• Nah, I don't think that's it. I'd ask her. That's what I did when my crush rejected me. Turned out she was waiting for her crush to ask her out.

• The first time I kicked towards a goal the goalie blocked it if you keep kicking one of them is bound to go through and it's just unrealistic to expect all of them to go in.

• No man. You are handsome

• No. You might not be her type but you're objectively good looking.

• Girls are just cold hearted bitches. Things like this are why I won't approach girls.

• Nope it's completely normal (happened to me). But maybe you should double check your approach as well as the girl's relationship status.

• Not your looks. Dude why you not super confident? You got that look woman get weak for.

• Get over it since you are not the first person to be rejected the first time they asked anyone out

• No. It's may be finance. Or I can say, wrong girl.

• Definitely your looks. I guess you're just screwed for life man. What are you gonna do hey?

• Don't worry the first and only time I ever asked a girl out I got rejected too.

Never again...

• but yet you are in a pic with what looks like another girl going to what i would assume is some sort of formal? I think you know you are attractive and just wanted girls to tell you that on here

• damn you look good. 8-9/10. definitely not a rejection because of your looks.