How to accept my looks?

i hate my looks and i can't look into the mirror without crying judging and i feel sad about it and every now and then i keep hitting my face thinking i will look better (i dont know why) i am very aware i am like this and am trying my best to turn it around but i cry so much about my looks and hit my face a lot and it has been partially because of bullying from people 50% girls and 50% guys and molest ation and have been in hospitals because of this and i am happy to be aware of this and not dismiss this but does anybody have any advce at all? lot of people i know say its body dysmorphia because of everything i said above and because i do love the personality i have and how im caring and a A+ B+ student who's athletic and have goals. but i can never find a positive on my looks i feel that everytime i make a list because everyone says it works my looks are always a con and no positive and i feel all girls judge my looks and no guy will like me because of it. does anybody have any advice i would appreciate it. im 1 3 by the way

Most Helpful Guy

• i'm sorry to hear about your problem , i dont know how much this will help but before you can expect someone else to find you attractive you have to find your self that way. all the negativity to see in your self people see that not you. and at your age that makes you an easy target for what you are experiencing. my suggestion is find someone you really trust and though days you think you look worse ask them if you look the same.. it might help reinforce the idea that you look the same every day and not changing.

What Guys Said 7

• U have to accept in life who u are and what u look like. Be confident in yourself and move forward in life, as with those grades you can be successful and grow confidence through that in life. If you hate yourself then your stuck so learn to love yourself and who u are. Only u can change your opinion and its only yours that will ever truly count.

• I don't think my opinion about myself will ever change its easier said than done

• I understand its not easy but u just have to do it. You may gain confidence from guys in the future if u find the right ones and not the idiots.

• Don't focus so much on your looks. You're still growing/changing. You are who you are. Just accept it. Guys have different preferences when it comes to woman's looks and there will be guys that like you. Try to accept yourself the way you are and in turn you'll be less insecure which will automatically make you more attractive. Guys like confident women just like women like confident guys. I guarantee you are much harder on yourself regarding your looks then any guy will be.

• 1/ I don't think I'm any guys preference
      2/its easier said than done to accept myself

• Maybe a picture would help? by the way, stop feeling bad about yourself! God made you that way for a reason, plus if you think you're ugly there is still the chance you will meet a guy who thinks you're the prettiest thing in the world. Ask your friends if they think other girls judge your looks and if they do, how they do so.

• 13 is very young to be having inferiority complexes. if you cannot handle this alone then you need to get professional help as this could lead to depression and could even have more complex consequences.

• You are just 13. You are yet to change.

• Just know I think you look great

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0