Does 'cute' generally mean 'attractive'?

I don't know if I'm attractive to others but personally I like how I look. I've been called 'cute' all my life because of how short I am. I've also been complemented by several customers because of my face and sometimes my eyes. But most of those customers who said that were elderly women so I don't know how I look to people around my age. But if I'm referred as 'cute' all the time, does that mean I'm on the attractive side?

0|1
4|23

Most Helpful Guy

• Men almost always find 'cute' attractive in women over the age of 17 or so.

0|0
    0|0
    • yea but the problem is that I'm short and petit so even though I'm 20, I've been told that I look younger than 20, though I don't know what age people think I look

• Show All
    • okay thanks :) I always wondered if by being called cute, they thought I looked like a child since children are generally called cute

• Cute does tend to mean 'small, young, attractive'.

So when girls call guys cute, sometimes it means they are attracted, and sometimes it means they imagine a 14 year old girl would have a crush on them, but they, themselves, are not interested.

For women, being petite and youthful are -almost- always a plus. They're not at 14-16, by 20, it's probably a mild plus, from 25 on it is a HUGE benefit.

You've already survived the bad part, you're into the mildly good and have the decades of it being a plus coming.

The bad news is fat women will hate you. Sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

• you are beautiful, cute is accurate to you but that can easily turn into sexy or hot if you find the right guy to show that side of you to.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 22

• I break female attractiveness into "cute," "pretty," and "beautiful."
    All three mean attractive, they just mean it in different ways.

if you have 3 girls, all are solid 9/10, and one is pretty, one is beautiful, and one is cute, which is the most attractive?
    None. They are equally attractive. 9/10, remember? They are just attractive in different ways.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd describe my crush as cute.
    So yes.

0|0
    0|0
    • ok thanks for the answer :)

• I'm not sure about others but when I say someone is cute it usually means there's some attraction there for sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well when I call a girl cute, yes I'm saying she is attractive... not that I use the term very often.

I've been referred to as cute myself... never could figure out the intent... a cute guy is what exactly...

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol well the two aren't mutually exclusive from one another if that's what you mean.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with being cute... it does mean you are attractive and it can mean your sexy too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all.. look, cute girls are just cute, like a sister there isn't sexual intention but an attractive girl is sexy and desiderable

0|0
    0|0
    • ok thanks for the honesty :)

• That may be true for some people but not for me. People I would describe as cute are usually very attractive to me.

• yes it does. if i was younger and single i would ask you out

0|0
    0|0
  • Cute is good, inherently attractive. Attractive doesn't have to be cute or beautiful. Rare Logical Semantics.

0|0
    0|0
  • No idea

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, cute = attractive. I saw your pic and you're attractive. You have nice skin tone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cute can mean attractive and I think your a pretty woman I like your eyes (:

0|1
    0|0
  • you are pretty damn cute and attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never called a girl cute who I also didn't find attractive. One in the same to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I think "cute" is more something used to describe the face and "attractive" is used for the body in general. However it really varies between people.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're incredibly gorgeous looking!

0|0
    0|0
  • The only word I use to describe an attractive person it attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're pretty attractive. Let me get you ones

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuk yeah ur def cute n attractive id date u

0|0
    0|0
  • Picture?

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't speak for the elderly women, but when I tell a girl that she's cute, then I absolutely mean that I find her to be attractive

0|0
    0|0
    • ok thanks for the answer :)

• And you are very attractive

What Girls Said 3

• yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could and it couldn't depends on how the person saying it means it

0|0
    0|0
  • Cute generally means attractive yes