Does 'cute' generally mean 'attractive'?

I don't know if I'm attractive to others but personally I like how I look. I've been called 'cute' all my life because of how short I am. I've also been complemented by several customers because of my face and sometimes my eyes. But most of those customers who said that were elderly women so I don't know how I look to people around my age. But if I'm referred as 'cute' all the time, does that mean I'm on the attractive side?

Most Helpful Guy

• Men almost always find 'cute' attractive in women over the age of 17 or so.

• yea but the problem is that I'm short and petit so even though I'm 20, I've been told that I look younger than 20, though I don't know what age people think I look

• okay thanks :) I always wondered if by being called cute, they thought I looked like a child since children are generally called cute

• Cute does tend to mean 'small, young, attractive'.

So when girls call guys cute, sometimes it means they are attracted, and sometimes it means they imagine a 14 year old girl would have a crush on them, but they, themselves, are not interested.

For women, being petite and youthful are -almost- always a plus. They're not at 14-16, by 20, it's probably a mild plus, from 25 on it is a HUGE benefit.

You've already survived the bad part, you're into the mildly good and have the decades of it being a plus coming.

The bad news is fat women will hate you. Sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

• you are beautiful, cute is accurate to you but that can easily turn into sexy or hot if you find the right guy to show that side of you to.

What Guys Said 22

• I break female attractiveness into "cute," "pretty," and "beautiful."
    All three mean attractive, they just mean it in different ways.

if you have 3 girls, all are solid 9/10, and one is pretty, one is beautiful, and one is cute, which is the most attractive?
    None. They are equally attractive. 9/10, remember? They are just attractive in different ways.

• I'd describe my crush as cute.
    So yes.

• ok thanks for the answer :)

• I'm not sure about others but when I say someone is cute it usually means there's some attraction there for sure.

• Well when I call a girl cute, yes I'm saying she is attractive... not that I use the term very often.

I've been referred to as cute myself... never could figure out the intent... a cute guy is what exactly...

• Lol well the two aren't mutually exclusive from one another if that's what you mean.

• Nothing wrong with being cute... it does mean you are attractive and it can mean your sexy too.

• Not at all.. look, cute girls are just cute, like a sister there isn't sexual intention but an attractive girl is sexy and desiderable

• ok thanks for the honesty :)

• That may be true for some people but not for me. People I would describe as cute are usually very attractive to me.

• yes it does. if i was younger and single i would ask you out

• Cute is good, inherently attractive. Attractive doesn't have to be cute or beautiful. Rare Logical Semantics.

• No idea

• Yeah ;)

• Yes, cute = attractive. I saw your pic and you're attractive. You have nice skin tone.

• Cute can mean attractive and I think your a pretty woman I like your eyes (:

• you are pretty damn cute and attractive.

• I've never called a girl cute who I also didn't find attractive. One in the same to me.

• Personally I think "cute" is more something used to describe the face and "attractive" is used for the body in general. However it really varies between people.

• You're incredibly gorgeous looking!

• The only word I use to describe an attractive person it attractive.

• You're pretty attractive. Let me get you ones

• Fuk yeah ur def cute n attractive id date u

• Picture?

• I can't speak for the elderly women, but when I tell a girl that she's cute, then I absolutely mean that I find her to be attractive

• ok thanks for the answer :)

• And you are very attractive

What Girls Said 3

• yes.

• It could and it couldn't depends on how the person saying it means it

• Cute generally means attractive yes