Ridiculously unphotogenic?

So I guess I'm pretty attractive in real life, but whenever someone takes a picture of me or takes a video, I look absolutely hideous? if someone films me from the front camera on their phone it's 1000% beter already...

but everytime I see a video or photo of myself it's a huge blow to my self-esteem and I'd rather cry in the bathroom...

But what do I really look like? is it possible to be so unphotgenic that it shows on video? selfies and such are okay, and I look pretty good I think.

I do get some attention from guys, but it's gotten to the point where I feel like they do it out of pity?

Most Helpful Guy

• I totally get ya. I'm the same way. In rl I turn heads, women act all nervous around me (to the point it's annoying); one time I had a woman walk right into a door frame and practically killed herself after I smiled at her. I'm told I'm good looking. (I don't get it).
    Anyway it's rare that a photo of me comes out ok. Usually I end up looking horrible. I don't know what it is. I tried online dating but without a great photo it is hopeless.
    On the flip side I have a friend who you can't take a bad photo of the guy. He could be scratching his nuts, sitting on the toilet and a photo will come out like it should be a post card.

Most Helpful Girl

• ugh i feel it!!! i love how i look in the mirror, but as soon as i try to take a picture, its bad! i have to take like 15 pictures to finally get a decent one. and dont even get me started on how i look when other people take pictures. it just makes noo sense. and when i tell people i dont like taking pictures, they get surprised saying they assumed that all pretty girls love taking pictures, im like you just haven't seen my struggle! haha because every time i do post a picture anywhere, it took me foreverrr to get a good one.

What Guys Said 13

• Some people just don't photograph well but some people simply are unhappy with their appearance in a photograph while others see the same photo and think they are attractive. It would be helpful if you had shown us an example of what you are discussing.

• I've known girls I've thought were VERY attractive in person, and who just... never looked good in photographs.
    Some people, like your title suggests, are just not photogenic.
    But that does not mean they aren't attractive in person.

And some people who think they are not photogenic look just fine in their pictures, and the rest of us don't know what they get so worked up about.

• I think it's possible. Nearly every woman I have met in person, after meeting online, has told me I look WAAAY hotter in person than I do in my pics, it's usually the first thing they tell me with a big smile on their face lol.

• Yeah that happens to a lot of people. I think I look obviously better in reality than in pictures too.

• I feel the same way as you. I think I look OK in person but in photos I can range from fine to dreadful.

• No biggie just avoid cameras like I do HAHAHA

• I know a lot about this, as, I'm an ameteu rphotoger and i, too am photogenically challenged. There are sooo many tips/tricks/methods to talking a good pic, but i have to get back. interested?

• I am the same... Welcome to the club

• I think the exact same way. But at the same time I don't know what goes on in other people's heads.

• That's normal -- I look decent in real life (obviously the guy in my profile pic doesn't lmao) but whenever I take a picture I look terrible. :)

• You should want attention from guys in person, not online, so being photogenic is irrelevant

• Do you have pics?

• Where's your pic? Can't say without it. You're already awesome, no need to scare of camera.

What Girls Said 7

• I feel the same way girl, it's a psychological thing really. We grow attached to our mirror version (the reflected version) so when we see a photo of ourselves we are often put off. It doesn't really mean you're ugly, you're just attached to the other version. If you get guys attention, chances are you are attractive, most guys won't waste their time on pity attention.

• I guess you have softer features then.
    I have noticed that people that are photogenic have sharp/strong features (not always attractive, but surely photogenic).

• u so cute damn <3

• @Vncmc
      Thanks. 💁

• u look so adorable lol, i mean you young right now, but in a year, i would be like "damn, i have a cute gf" if i were dating you, but right now i am more like, would totally younger sister her lol

• Oh my god... JOIN THE CLUB! I look at myself in the mirror, I look fine. But someone takes a picture and DAMN! I remember one time when I had this graduation thing, the school came up with some silly, organised system where about five of us got up, walked to front and took our certificates etc. I was in the first group, and I was the first person in the line. I get my certificate and was about to sit back down, but then I hear a "wait! I want a picture!". I turn around and see the dorky school camera man, he literally tells me to go back to the front (already embarrassing) and smile. I was already flushed and panicky, so I just hurry and pull the most awful smile. He decided to print it on A3 and put it on the display bored at the school enterance. A year later, I am given a cruel reminder of my ugliness (apparently) evry time I walk into the building. Massive fail... And this happens 24/7 at my school.

• I'm the same, I just look ridiculous when people take pictures of me. So I hide from the cameras. Lol.

• Noo don't be so sad about it! It is certainly possible to be unphotogenic but really pretty at the same time. Besides, I don't doubt that everyone has tried having photos/videos taken of them that turned out rather horrendously... I certainly have.. many times. Don't doubt yourself, please

• Show me a girl who reaaally likes gow she looks in candids xD

• I can never take pictures well.