Are my shoulders too broad?

Are my shoulders too broad?

I've ALWAYS felt insecure about my shoulders and I feel that I'm restricted in what I can wear. If it's the sporty look then I can look alright (I work out almost 5x/wk and so I'm fairly toned and fit looking) but I often feel unsure when I try dressing up otherwise (I do have more girly tastes in fashion). Being only 5'3 also doesn't help with my proportions ugh. I guess I have what you would call an athletic body and build, but I guess what I'm trying to ask is if I come off looking manly? :(
by the way I was born with broader shoulders and so it's not the fault of me working out haha.

Thank you all for your opinions so far 😊
I don't consider myself "skinny" or too thin, and it's not the reason why I work out. I just like doing it and being healthy and the whole looking toned thing is a plus.
I do a mixture of heavy body building training, mixed with some HIIT. I'm 117llbs and 20.7% body fat for those who are curious.
I am quite aware that my legs are short 😯 but I've gotten over that and there's nothing really that can be done there.

Most Helpful Guy

• We all must live inside the bodies that we are born with. It's the responsibility of each person to take good care of that body. Try not to focus on the imperfections that you can't fix but rather be thankful that your body isn't suffering from a severe handicap.

Your shoulders are strong looking as is the rest of you and you should be proud of the effort you put into fitness.

And not to creep you out, but I've always believed that fitness is sexy.

• What you say is very true. And part of my fitness journey has been to change those bad thoughts by proving what I can do with the body that I already have. Social media is always a bitch though, and I guess many of us (including myself) will always be tempted to have what we don't 😅

But yes, fitness is sexy

• I think your temptation to have what you don't is really the drive to always improve.
      I admire you and your vision to be a better you! :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 41

• I don't think there's anything wrong with your shoulders. You look really great just the way you are.

• You look very fit and very attractive from what we've seen so far. You'd be a little intimidating to have wrestling sex with... LOL

• 😂😂 I do love wrestling

• I guess you'll be pleased to hear that we like that part and losing too then 😜

• Indeed I am. Would hate to think you're a naught girl... LOL

• No nothing manly. Imao what a woman should look like. Good work 10/10 in everything.

• Nah, you look hot. You're strong without going overboard.

• you look great in every way. also i think your being a little to hard on your self when it comes to your self image. try to lighten up a little

• I love fit / athletic women 😍😍 anyways your shoulders and body is just fine. Nothing wrong because you take care of yourself. I've seen tons of girls fit in dresses and they're oh so sexy to me especially strutting around with confidence too.

• No, honestly i can't see a single thing wrong with your entire body. You look incredible, very attractive ;)

• No it is not

• a little be too square for a girl (not a bad thing) but i wouldn't be worried about that... i'd worry about the "skinny-ness" and them legs lol.. and just guessing from my own experience... an ass probably... from what i see... there isn't much.

• Nope, you have a sexy body.

• They do seem a bit masculine on their own but the long straight offsets it so you don't look manly overall. Also that house looks posh af.

• Definitely have had to learn how to offset them. And my house is posh af? Buahaha 😂

• I meant "the long straight hair" if you couldn't tell by the way. And yeah it looks fancy hahaha.

• Oh sorry I was referring to my clothing style. But yes, I've learned through enough experimentation that I don't work the short do 😯 . My house so flattered by the compliment

• No not at all. You're over analyzing yourself. Perfect body in my opinion.

• You're athletic, but that doesn't mean your shoulders are manly or anything like that. Just embrace it😊

• Nope you look good

• No. I think you have a really nice body

• Nah 😂
    You're absolutely fine
    Don't be insecure about it
    Your shoulder looks girly

• Don't seem to be. If you posted a picture where your hair wasn't in the way would be able to judge more thoroughly but broad or not embrace yourself!

• I think you look hot

• All I can see is nice curves n boobs between proportional sized shoulders

• wide shoulders but not broad, i dont know why, i get the feeling ur Asian lol and ur totally hot, i am a wide shouldered guy too and i believe we must copulate to make a greek god looking broad as hell son

• Bingo.
      On the Asian
      Not so much the copulation part though 😂

• and plastic surgery must be banned, its pathetic when people do that and mask their true self. Or people should get it and be made to sign a bond saying they cannot have kids and are prone to prison time and sending the kid to an orphanage if they do

• and i can see u wearing a bra inside your tank top, u shouldn't have :(

• nah it looks fine

• i love wide shoulders =) so if u ask me NOPE !!!

• Your figure is so perfect! Shoulders are very OK.

• They are broader than normal, but you still have an attractive body.

• You look great. Even your shoulders ;-)

• you're fine

• No. It's perfect for me. Don't worry baby. It has no fault at all.

• Nope

• no not dear

• Your shoulders are fine. You look athletic x

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 15

• Girl, you have seriously nice shoulders! I'm on the opposite side, I work out a lot so we're about the same but I'm always on the computer for school so my posture is so bad! I'm working on it but no Hun your fine plus you have a good size breasts which I don't know if this makes sense but makes your upper body look good and proportioned!

• I can relate! I'm in my last semester of nursing which is completely online besides a few clinical days. I work out because I feel like crap sitting down so much!
      Thank you so much for your opinion too 😊

• hell no, you have my dream shoulders. strong shoulders look so good and healthy
    0.soompi.io/.../ooh-ahh-twice-momo-540x793.jpg
    something that does look kinda odd is your arm length.

• Ohh I've never tried looking at Korean idols with bigger shoulders. She looks great, and thank you so much for your compliment 😀 indeed my arm length is looking a little funky there

• i still can't see what you're talking about, but i think this is one of those things only girls care about like thigh gap

• @hazoplmeught I think it is definitely one of those things that we girls pay too much attention to, but the thigh gap thing is a little different. Some girls starve themselves just to get it. The whole shoulder thing is similar to what kind of body shape you may have.. (pear shaped, hour glass shaped, etc)

• You're body is similar to mine, I have Samus shoulders lol but you look more feminine and not as big as mine.
    You look nice :)

• no you are well fit, dont worry

• Nope!
    I have big shoulders too and my boyfriend loves them. He says they looks strong. I used to be insecure about mine too.

• no, i love your shoulders! they look strong (not in a manly way, in a powerful way) how did you get them so toned?
    and you have a nice body in general.

• Thank you!! I seem to have always had the genetics to build muscle fast.. but I do work out almost 5x at the gym lifting heavy and doing high intensity workouts in between. I encourage you to pick up Kayla itsines workout routine if you're starting out 😊

• oh i see, nice. well i do work out i do cardio and weight training and i have pretty toned shoulders but i've just always been kind of scared to try out a lot of workouts on my arms because they aren't completely toned so i wouldn't want to turn some fat into muscle and have them look too big you know, but i have seen some results with boxing but i only do it likes ones a week

• I have had the same concerns myself for a while too. I'm not an expert myself but I do workout differently depending on the body part I want to work on. I go crazy on heavy dead lifting and squatting to tone my legs (and bum 😂) but don't do so as religiously with my arms (but I do still do some bench pressing). For my upper body, I do a lot of the HIIT; so a lot of fast repetitive workouts with lighter weights, push-ups are good too, and I do a lot of fast walking or interval sprinting on the treadmill. As a result they just came out looking stronger than bigger! I think boxing is great. You will burn so much fat and while there is muscle being built at the same time, you shouldn't worry about them getting bigger! You'll just start to see emphasis in some areas but no actual big growths unless you started lifting heavy

• You have a distorted view of yourself. Your shoulds are actually small and you don't look manly at all.

• I'm quite aware that I probably do 😯. All your comments are helping to change that though

• nope

• Nah girl, you're arms look great!

• You have an amazing build.
    They are prominent, but not broad.
    Love the squared shape

• Non non non u hav fine shoulders cinnamon bun!

• No your fine you have an amazing body

• I have broad shoulders too, and I find you look beautiful. Your body is perfect!

• Yes it's, I have the same so... I hate it I always wear shirt with handle never I wear tank top

• Not really I think they look good and strong, but even if they were a little broad, who the hell cares when you have a body like that lol?

• Ahaha that is not something I get to hear often 😅 but thank you so much