Do guys find girls with brown eyes attractive or do they only love the ocean/ice blue eyes, stormy grey eyes or the rare green eyes?

I've always been self conscious of my eyes and I envy the girls who are sporting the glacial blue eyes, emerald eyes or hazel eyes, and my eyes look so plain next to them. My eyes are a chocolate brown although in the direct sunlight, they're a warm brown but at night, they're pitch black. I see guys drooling over the light eyed beauties and it makes me feel unacceptable to have a boyfriend. Can brown eyes be special as lighter eye colors or am I screwed in courtship?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's very unimportant. Even though I love looking at peoples' eyes, the actual color doesn't really matter, there are just as many girls with dark brown eyes that I've thought were very attractive. It depends on everything else.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know this is meant for guys, but as a girl with blue/grey eyes I would much prefer brown eyes. I think brown eyes are one of the most beautiful features a person could have. I love the colourings and different shades in brown eyes. There will be plenty of guys who like brown eyes out there, just like there are girls.

• I just feel so ordinary because brown eyes are so common. Place a lass with sparking green or blue, or green blue, or grey eyes next to me, and a lot of guys would go after the light eyes. My eyes just reflect off a lot of things, making them shiny, but that's about it.

• Maybe it depends where you live too then? Where I live its about half (majority population are Caucasian immigrants). I think its honestly just a random preference of which colour you like better and there are plenty of people out there who like both! :)

What Guys Said 26

• All natural eye colors are nice. Brown, blue, green, etc. I am happy with any of them.

• I don't care about the eye colour...

• Provided they still look human, I don't give a shit what colour your eyes are.

• Sexual selection is indeed interesting. It really comes down to the local gene pool and can be influenced by the demographics, in this case by race, ethnicity and the cosmetic appearance within.

By a sexological standard in most mammals, we humans want to mate with an individual that looks different than too the rest.

So for example: If you live in an area where brown eyes is dominant and blue eyes making up a small minority, the minority would be fancied a lot by the masses, since the off-spring will have a more unique appearance.

I also have a Chilean friend who I have discussed a similar issue with. In Denmark, he is extremely desired by many women due to his Hispanic traits, while he guaranteed that I would be overthrown by women in Chile due to my blond hair, blue eyes etc.

• Attractive people, are attractive regardless of their eye color.

• This guy is pretty good looking even with very basic shaped dark brown eyes and probably a lazy eye too, there is more to facial harmony than just features, its not like x+y+z features.

• If something as trivial as eye color is the only thing you have to worry about, you must have it pretty good.

• I prefer the deep, chocolatey brown eyes <3

Blue/green eyes are cool tho.

• Naw there are... other stuff that guys place priorities over.

They don't drool over light eyed beauties for their eyes...

• Brown is fine. I fell in love with brown eyes about the 1:27 mark on Joan Jett's video for Crimson and Clover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdhonK8NMm8

So, don't worry. If a guy likes you it really doesn't matter what color your eyes are.

• I really like the light brown eyes.

Blue and green are cool too though.

I'm not that much into dark brown but whatever, it's just eye color. Face matters more than that.

• Brown eyes are attractive too

• I don't know about most guys but I'm guessing they feel the same as I do... I could care less the color of a woman's eyes.

• I generally prefer green eyes, especially when paired with red hair

If the eyes are hazel though, those take the cake

• Blue eyes and green eyes are overrated. I prefer a woman with brown eyes.

• Haha, no one really cares. Sure I like blue eyes, and blonde hair blue eyed short thick girls are usually my "type". But I don't let that affect who I date. My current girlfriend is mixed and her eye color is a lot like how you describe. I still love her eyes though. It's more about the shape for her than the color.

But the short answer is no. Why not find a guy with similar eyes. Work with what ya got!

• Brown eyes + brown hair = gorgeous to me!

• No only with blue derka derka derka.

• biggest admirer of brown eyes brunette cuties stepping in

• Brown eyes are good

• Yeah but ur health is whats letting you down, not your eyes

• for me I like green eyes
    my eyes is light brown

• Eyes are only a plus.. that it. All it is is icing on the cake. A woman doesn't have to have a certain eye color to be gorgeous are beautiful. What makes her beautiful is the way she presents herself, her posture, she takes care of yourself and keeps herself up, her attitude and personality.

As far as looks, if her eyes aren't gorgeous there are other traits that can easily be good like her lips, hair, smile, etc. pretty eyes are just a plus but she doesn't have to have it

• Yeasss

• The girl i like has big beautiful brown eyes
    theyre not dark brown nor light brown kinda in the middle
    more dark than light though <3

• got a bit more to worry about than jst eye colors

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• lmao i love hearing about guys who don't date girls with brown eyes, that's like an indirect way of saying "i like white girls, not all of them, just some of them with colored eyes" so funny. i think brown eyes are beautiful and warm

• Some like brown eyes too. Brown eyes are my favourite.

• Yeah! all eye colors are nice.

• As long as the eyes are truthful, honest and reflect your beautiful soul, people will love them ;)

• Are you screwed in courtship? lol.

I have green eyes and I think brown eyes are so beautiful and deep on men AND women.

• I have deep brown eyes and I have gotten compliments on them in my life.
    ^ This just to show that brown eyes can be beautiful too.

• My eyes are a greenish hazel colour, but I'm really jealous of dark chocolatey coloured eyes.

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...e_n9uhd09CeK1sbsn6s.jpg

• Really? I would give up my eye color to have yours!

• Lol my eyes are the same shape and colour and set deeper coz well, im a guy but they look nothing clpse to that good lol, its also about how good the skin surrounding it is, good skin comes with good health

• Brown eyes are nice. Chill. You can always get contacts.

• If I were white, that would have been easy, but since I'm Asian, it would look unnatural on me.

• I know a lot of Asians that use contacts. If you get the normal ones its not too bad.

• Lots of guys like brown eyes

• I don't know if I'm wrong, but my perception is that features like light coloured eyes are just bonuses when it comes to having an attractive face. I don't think light coloured eyes alone can make someone beautiful so I don't believe that not having them automatically makes you undesirable. In my eyes, its more of a cherry on top. Anyone can say if they disagree?

• Lots of guys like brown eyes.
    My boyfriend said it was the first thing he saw on me.

• I actually prefer brown eyes, mostly because if blue eyes are too light it makes me think the guy is here to kill us all for some reason

• I have brown eyes and have gotten compliments on them. There's more to pretty eyes than color. There's a lot of factors.

• I always feel kind of hurt that guys don't usually pick green as their favourite because I have light green eyes. I typically fall for guys with brown eyes though so I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite

• Yes, guys find girls with brown eyes attractive. I personally have pretty much the same eyes as you and I always have guys drooling over me. You are not screwed in courtship and are extremely acceptable to have a boyfriend!

• When I look at models and beautiful people, they always have the pretty light eyes and I see guys all over them. I just feel so bland next to them. No guy has been drooling over me.

• Sweetheart, you don't need to feel bland! I mean, look at all the models and actresses in Hollywood that are considered beautiful that have dark eyes. Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, Keira Knightley, Vanessa Hudgens, etc. I used to never have guys drooling over me. But I made a few changes to myself like putting time into caring and styling my hair, learning how to apply flattering makeup, wearing the correct clothes, but most importantly--becoming confident in my body.