Am I fat to where I look obese?

Okay so I'm 5ft tall 170 lbs. I have a thyroid problem to where it's difficult to lose weight. My weight has gone to my boobs (size D) and other places. Mostly my stomach as you can see. I have lost 10 pounds so far but I want to lose more!! I want a flat stomach and I want to look beautiful. My question is do I look fat to where I look almost obese? You guys can be honest just don't be rude. Their is a difference. No I'm not an attention whore or looking for validation. Like I said I am still planning on losing more weight in the future, I'm not going to give up because of my thyroid problem. Am I fat to where I look obese?

Thank you all for not being so cruel about this:)

Most Helpful Guy

• Your height makes you look chubbier than you are. Sad to say that you look a little fat, but isn't that due to thyroid problem? It's like someone with down syndrome is asking, do I look sleepy/lazy? No offence.

You could try losing more weight ONLY IF it doesn't put your health in danger. Consult your doctor about it, ask him how to lose weight safely in such conditions.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are definitely not obese! You definitely would benefit from losing some pounds but it already sounds like you're in track. Do touch have hypothyroid? And are you getting thyroid medication to help with your metabolism? I know it's tough, and you're literally working with a handicap with a slower metabolism but don't give up girl.

What Guys Said 23

• Work at being healthy and dealing with whatever issues you do have to manage them as best you can, but don't kill yourself trying to be super skinny if it's not realistic.
    As you are in this picture I wouldn't personally classify you as "obese". You look like you have an attractive body and sure, you could lose some weight and that would probably be good for you, but at the same time if you're eating healthy and exercising regularly and taking care of yourself but still are "thick", that's not a bad thing by any means. Embrace it. Be proud of who you are and the body that you have, there are plenty of guys (myself included) who love a gal' with a little extra weight! :-)

• doggone picture is pixelated than a mudafucka lol... but i can still see the shape. Dr. Diesel recommends some crunches (a lotta crunches) and some squats... you know.. to tone up the thighs and pronounce what looks like a potential round ass...
    you are good on the chest apparently lol.. no touchy.

• that doesn't look obese to me? Looks like the size I typically go for. No guy wants to feel like he's going to break a chick...

• Nah, you aren't obese. I believe you can lose the weight and will look hot when you succeed. In fact, you look pretty hot right now. If you set a goal I believe you can reach it.

• My rule of thumb is: if the stomach sticks out farther then the titties let her go. Your still go but cutting it close. If you keep on loosing weight I'm sure you'll be hot. You already have nice size boobs and butt, just have to trim the waist. Keep up the good work.

• Honestly it''s bordering on that, and too heavy to be attractive to me. It's good that you seem to have a positive attitude though, if you keep that up you will probably be able to do whatever you want, thyroid disorder or not! I have a good friend who went from 270 to 140 in 2 years.

• Kinda... I don't know if obese, but you do look fat.

• Obesity is defined as having body fat 20% above your ideal/healthy/normal body weight or having a BMI (body mass index) above 30. At 5' tall anything between ~95-127 lbs would be normal for the average woman. Your current BMI is 33.2 which is categorized as obese. You need to weigh less than 153 lbs to cease being obese. If you were to lose at least 43 lbs you would no longer be overweight according to the tables. Your ideal weight might still be lower. Hope this helps.

• Yes obese

• Okay cool!:) thanks!:)

• yes you are a little fat from your belly, i would suggest you to eat healthy and mostly boiled things and salad too.

• No not obese, not even close to it. Still attractive.

• I have a similar problem (but Adderal has been a healthy counter), so I know how you feel. You could lose a few pounds. From what we can see, though, you still look pretty good. If we could see your face, then we could give a better rating.

• I would show my face but the last time I did on here people on here were judging me calling me bad names and insulting me.

• I'm not sure what would be achieved by calling you obese. I think you know there is an issue and you're trying to address it. Isn't there a treatment for your thyroid?

• You're looking cute. Do you feel any health issue with your weight or size? If not, then it's perfectly awesome for me.

• Yeah.

• Not obese, but if you go any further you could be venturing into that territory... I like thick girls but you are more chubby. Lose 20-30 more and I think you should be good.

• Sorry to be blunt but yeah you are a bit obese.

• Lol hell no. You look like you carry your weight well

• Wow Lol thanks! You're the first to say something nice!

• Well I'm just being honest no need to thank me

• yes you are so fat.

• Not obese but lose some more weight.

• what are your boobs like..

• D size.

• Thick

• I want ❤
      Can you fit them in your hands

• Yeah a bit fat.

• yes u look big

What Girls Said 13

• You don't look obese. A little bigger? Yeah, but I don't think you look like a blobfish or anything.

• Congrats on the 10 pounds!! Keep up the good work :)

• i'm so confused because I'm 5'1'' and 184lbs but I look thinner than you. What is this logic.

• UR REALLY FAT.
    BUT UM... TRY A BYPASS.
    OR JUST MEDITATE AND DO YOGA
    LEARN TO LOVE URSELF
    COMPARING=MISERY

• Yeah girl, for that height get down to the 100-120 range

• Yeah I don't know if that'll happen because of my thyroid problem! But thats a good opinion!:)

• All you can do is try

• I wouldn't call you obese. But definitely overweight.

• You are overweight yes, that's obvious. But if you're trying to lose it then cool

• work on your belly and a bit on your legs and you are gonna look amazing

• I think you look great! If you want to lose weight, do it for you and not for anyone else.

I have a thyroid disorder too and I am bigger. A lot of people blame me, but I can't help it! I don't eat huge portions at all and am very healthy. For much of my life I was quite active and ate really well. However in college I started to get bullied when I would be active outside, so I stopped.

I'm trying to get back into that now. But people can be so cruel! But I don't think you look bad at all!

My advice to you is to rock what you have and wear clothes that make you feel good. I'm much bigger than you are, and I still try to rock the confidence. I am trying to lose weight, but I'm always going to be bigger.

If you want to lose weight, do it because it's what you want. There is nothing harmful about working out or eating healthy with a thyroid disorder. But definitely let your doctor know if you plan on losing weight so they can keep checking your levels. I didn't do that once and when I lost weight it make everything go crazy and then I had some issues.

• Yeah, a little. Congrats on 10 lbs! That is always such a confidence boost when you're losing. Great motivation. I lost 45 lbs so far. Still working on more cuz I am still kinda fat haha.
    You can do this!! :D

• Based on medical charts you are.

• Yes. Great job on losing the ten pound's though. Just don't try to lose to much too fast. Take it slow, and don't get discouraged. Also, make sure you're doing it for you. I've been there, so I know what it's like to end up feeling discouraged if you hit a plateau. I also hope you're doing it healthy. I was about 180 (I'm 5'4) five years ago. I am now 120.

• you are on the bigger side yes but since you have a thyroid problem that is understandable.