Girls, Who looks more 'manly'?

So here's a picture of some random skinny dude with a hairy chestGirls, Who looks more 'manly'?
And here's someone with an awesome hairless physique

I know women find muscular men attractive (those who say they don't are either lying or using it as a defense mechanism). But I've also seen women say they find body hair attractive (for some strange reason).

The question is which looks more manly? The hairy guy with the body of a 12 year old boy, or the hairless guy with the body of a greek god?

26

Most Helpful Girl

• uummmmmmmmmmmmm the hairless guy LOL the hairless guy all day, e'ry day

• Thank god you have common sense. But why are some girls saying they like the pencil thin hairy guy? Like, he seriously has the physique of a 12 year old boy...

• LOL thanks for MHG!

• You're welcome! ^.^

What Girls Said 25

• I'd rather just get the normal looking guy to wax, huge muscles look inhuman and nasty

• Honestly the first one is more attractive.

It's not that women find muscular men unattractive , it's being overly muscular is what is unattractive.

Hot
    static.socialitelife.com/.../...182012-400x300.jpg

Not hot
    rs754.pbsrc.com/.../...mmuscle-buildingquickly.jpg

• ehhh wtf? The second guy looks waaay more aesthetically proportioned than those other two. Do you have problems with spatial awareness? Because it's quite clear to see the second guy is closer to the mathematical concept of the 'Golden Ratio' where your entire torso is perfectly proportioned.

• Ummm yes to what?

• Honestly, I find the hairless guy with the body of a greek god more attractive. And being a girl, I don't find hair attractive.

• Why would we lie about muscular men not being attractive? They simply aren't, get over it. Overly muscular men are quite repulsive and any guy who thinks women would lie about that is insecure about himself.
    Both of these guys are gross, sucks for you!

• You're probably just mad coz you can't guys that look that lol. Sucks for you.

• Okay darling, whatever you say.

• 😂😂😂

• The second lol. I've heard that men with too much body hair often have too much estrogen. I don't know if that's true, but the second man looks more masculine (although I might be a little bit skeptical of a guy who waxes his chest lol).

• 2nd. I hate hairy chests

• The second guy of course. Hard work and dedication is more manly than not knowing how to groom yourself.

• The first guy definitely floats my boat. I'm not into six packs on overly muscled men and I'm. certainly not into waxed chests. Hairy chests always get my votes as I find them manly and sexy.

• me too ^^

• The human form comes in all shapes and sizes and people aren't all attracted to the same thing, yes the first guy would look a bit better if he bulked up a bit but some people are naturally thin and can't put weight on so why should they be deemed unattractive? If the second guy stopped working out his muscles could run to fat and flab which is way more unattractive than being slim.

• Oh god, so many misconceptions in one comment. Where do I start?

First of all, ANYONE can gain muscle mass, no matter what their genetics are. Some people are naturally skinny (ectomorphs) and have a harder time gaining it than others, but that just means they have to wait longer to see the same results. The reason they don't is because they have no commitment to improving their physique. It's nothing more than laziness.

Secondly, muscle tissue DEFINITELY can not, under any circumstances, be converted into fat tissue. I'm absolutely mind boggled as to where people get that ridiculous idea from. If the dude in the picture stopped working out, all that would happen is that his muscles would shrink. No fat tissue would be involved whatsoever. Unless he started eating too much on a daily basis, then just like any other person, he would get fat.

• Got to be hairless amd very muscular for me. Doesn't get any sexier than a lot of muscle mass and smooth hairless body tbh.

• The first guy who doesn't look like a shaved "pretty boy". However it comes down a great deal to personality, confidence level, skill set, and employment status.

• Ummmm... what does any of that have to do with how masculine someone looks?

• The world doesn't revolve around you, I wanted any guy who came across this to know how some women think and even if it's not helpful to you , it could be helpful for someone else. Don't get annoyed because I'm into a different type of man that doesn't fit your definition of masculinity. The signs of femininity and masculinity are different for everyone, everyone doesn't think like you. Since you clearly just want your opinions regurgitated back to you by us, what was the point of asking us to give our preferences. Its like when a woman asks a man a question, he answers, and she gets mad because its not what she wanted to hear, it's pathetic and laughable. This is what I mean by masculinity is not just physical because if you look like the 2nd pic (and I assume you do or are trying to look like it or else you wouldn't have gotten butthurt about me saying I like the first one) but have this self centered childish attitude a lot of women would see you as childish not masculine or manly.

• Nah, you just need to accept that a muscular physique is the ultimate form of masculinity. I'm speaking from a purely biological perspective and not any of that subjective bullshit you mentioned. Well developed muscles and low body fat = masculine. Big tits and ass, wide hips, thick thighs = feminine. These are rather simple biological facts but I'm not saying you have to like them. And to say the first guy looks more physically masculine than the second guy is just delusional. Plain and simple.

• The bottom guy looks more manly becasue he is bigger

• Ew the second guy is too much and first guy he has hairy chest lmao I like toned and athletic!

• But the second dude is certainly 'toned' (which simply means low body fat). And you can't judge someone's athletic ability from a picture.

• Non I think it's still too much I guess I like regular body fat?

• Hmmm well I don't know, maybe you'll change your mind when you're older and you're into guys that look like men instead of little boys?

• Muscular men way more attractive body hair is gross

• If I had to consider these two guys then I'd pick up the first one

• on first impression. the hairless guy.

but then after a while he looks too photoshoppedishly creepy

• I don't understand how he looks photoshopped... his body isn't that great. It's a well developed physique with a low body fat percentage, but certainly nothing unobtainable with a few years of hard work.

• The dude you posted is literally maybe 1-2% higher in body fat than the dude I posted, barely a noticeable difference. Like I said, the difference is that the dude you posted is a skinny little twig, so it doesn't look because there's no muscle definition to show off... because there are no muscles (well technically, everyone has muscle tissue but yano).

Also, I'd just like to add that I think 99% of psychology is an absolute joke They're just children pretending to be scientists. Because, you know, psychology isn't actually science. Put it this way, if you raised a guy in such a way that he only ever seen or viewed images of skinny women his whole life, he would STILL go for the first curvy woman he sees over a skinny girl.

• By the way, that girl you were on about, she has a nice body but Kim's is waaay hotter. Bigger boobs and bums are always better (up to a certain point). Just like bigger muscles are always better, up to a certain point. And the dude in my OP is certainly not beyond that tipping point.

• First one

• First guy, I like the chest hair. He could bulk up a little bit more, but definitely not as much as the second dude

• the hairy guy definitely

• May I ask what's so manly about a pencil thin physique?

• i read some of your replies and i thought what you said is "weird as f***" and i honestly don't see why you get so mad at girls who like the hairy guy, you asked a question about two different men ans girls will be devided into different categorie, if you are buff then some girls are gonna like you but you can't have every single girl on your side cause you just said it "each to their own"

• Ehhh I'm not mad at anyone? I just think it's about as strange as a dude saying he doesn't like tits or ass... that's all.

Also, what I see in real life does not match what i read on forums like this. I don't think girls on here represent the average woman's opinion.

• Hairless, but I like the shape of the first guy more

• Are you attracted to 12 year old boys rather than muscular men? Because seriously, look at his body. He has the muscular development of a child.

• Can you show me here?

• Neither.

• Well it has to be one or the other. I didn't ask if you find them attractive, I asked which looks more 'manly'.

• First guy looks more manly

• Hmmm? You mean the little boy? Okay.

• Don't want an honest answer don't ask questions.

• Didn't say I didn't want an honest answer. I just find it strange that you'd choose someone who looks like a child with fur over someone who looks like an ultra masculine Greek God...

• Eh the muscle guys body looks more manly but your face looks more manly than his. Also you have hair and he doesn't. Hair on a guy is attractive! :)

• LOL it's not me in the picture, it's just some random skinny dude I found on google images XD

I wouldn't dare be that skinny-fat or hairy, it looks disgusting. I'm closer to the guy in the second picture. I'm 6'4" and 230 lbs with a fully shaved body and 7% body fat. I would feel like the hairy dude was my baby brother if I was standing next to him lol.

Do you think a bit of body hair can compensate for a dude being 5'8" and 150 lbs with a slight belly and pencil thin arms, in terms of masculine appearance?

• Im not really sure lol

• I think they are both nice

• Random dude. If he didn't have a hairy chest

• Do you care to explain your answer? Although I don't see how you could possibly explain it. Kind of like me saying I think some girl with a flat chest, no ass and skinny legs looks more feminine than someone with big tits, a juicy ass, thick thighs and wide hips.

• I answered your question. Then you asked me why. You gave me your example of what is more feminine to you. Is that not personal preference? It pretty much is.

• No, because physical masculinity and femininity is completely objective, there's no subjectivity at all. It's purely biological, when men and women hit puberty their bodies take two completely different paths. For guys, they develop broader shoulders; more muscle tissue, grow taller, grow a lot more body hair than women, voice deepens. Girls grow breasts, a bigger butt, wider hips, thicker thighs, grow a little bit of body hair.

I realize that not every one of these things happens to every girl or guy, but there are definitely two distinctly different human forms if you exaggerate every single masculine/feminine feature. The second guy is an exaggeration of the male form, a super-man, if you will. Which is why you can't possibly say the first guy looks more masculine. The only distinctly masculine feature he has is the excessive body hair, but no amount of body hair could ever make up for that pencil thin physique.

And let's face it... body hair is just gross anyway.

• The second