Do you agree or disagree with this statement about how old a women grows?

Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used to be. But a great artist — a master — and that is what Auguste Rodin was — can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is… and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be…. and more than that, he can make anyone with the sensitivity of an armadillo, or even you, see that this lovely young girl is still alive, not old and ugly at all, but simply prisoned inside her ruined body. He can make you feel the quiet, endless tragedy that there was never a girl born who ever grew older than eighteen in her heart…. no matter what the merciless hours have done to her. Look at her, Ben. Growing old doesn't matter to you and me; we were never meant to be admired.

Agree or disagree with: there was never a girl born who ever grew older than eighteen in her heart…. no matter what the merciless hours have done to her.

• agree
    70% (7)44% (4)58% (11)Vote
  • disagree
    30% (3)56% (5)42% (8)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
... ok

1|0
2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that's bullshit. I think when you see that in art you are submitting yourself to a glamour or illusion you are talking yourself into seeing something which is not objectively there. You have been sold a suit of emperors new clothes.
    Sculpture and painting can be mediums of communication but they are far too imprecise to carry that kind of information. It's all in your head and on the little plaque and in the guidebook you read at the museum.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• that s a bit romantic

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• There are a lot of sour people even at 20 something... Not everyone is young at heart. But sure, there are some people that stay beautiful with age.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's called getting wiser. Maturity and age are a good thing

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• This implies;
    1) Older women are unattractive
    2) Women are immature
    3) A woman's purpose is to be admired for her looks
    So, no, don't agree, actually quite offensive

1|0