Is "cute" a bad thing?

When I was younger, some people called me beautiful. Since I was fifteen, I've been called pretty, cute, "real' cute," hot, and sexy (although I don't try to present myself as hot or sexy), but have not since I was so young, been called beautiful except by hair dressers and other people in salons. No one has ever told me that I'm ugly, but I suppose most people wouldn't say that out loud. Do you think that being called cute and sexy instead of beautiful means that I'm actually ugly? For reference, here is my picture. Also, I don't mean to make anyone else feel bad if he/she is also called cute. It's just that I don't know if I am even cute or pretty (I'm definitely not sexy.) or if people are just saying that. Is

Most Helpful Guy

• You are a gorgeous in my book I love how cute you are. You have seemingly very rosy cheeks and amazing lips. very kissable. It's actually a great thing to be called cute some guys actually prefer cute girls. I have two friends named bri ( LOL yea they have the same name and yea they are best friends) bri 1 is cute and thats great boys love her plus she's a model. and My other friend Bri 2 is pretty and boys like her to plus she's a sports girl. Cute girls just tend to have fuller rosier cheeks and rounder facial structure. I prefer cute girls. Pretty girls tend to have slender features and more defined cheeks. I have a lot of friends who are pretty. Cute girls are the best.

Most Helpful Girl

• No for me it means you have a "baby, soft inocent " face😇

What Guys Said 17

• I think you're reading more into this than there really is. I suspect this is simply a reflection of the way society views and so chooses words to describe people as they move from being a child to being an adult. Beautiful is a very non-sexual word, cute is more playful but still innocent, sexy is obviously an overtly sexual word. Only a freak would describe a 13 year old as sexy, but as a 19 year old, rightly or wrongly you'll be viewed differently and, in that context, being described as sexy certainly doesn't mean you're less beautiful. It would tend to imply you're both beautiful and possessed of qualities society tends to view as sexually attractive. And cute is good at any age! :)

Bottom line - I'm sure you're worrying unnecessarily. You certainly have a pretty, friendly - and for the avoidance of doubt beautiful - face, be confident in your appearance and don't get bogged down in the trivia of inarticulate folks' choice of adjectives. You're all good, keep smiling! :)

• You have that girl next door look, that's attractive for high quality women, you have nothing to worry about, you're only competing with yourself anyway, take care of the looks you have now, wear sun sceen as not to age too rapidly, stay in shape to maintain your health and dress well, focus on self improvement, and you'll be fine.

• It's not bad as such, but some people will not appreciate being called as cute. Even I dislike being called as cute.

• Cute isn't a bad thing. You look younger than you are so that may be a reason you get cute instead of beautiful (may not either)?

• Thank you for your response. What do you mean by "may not either"?

• Oh, I see now. You mean that may be the reason I get called cute and it may not be. Sorry. I should have understood lol.

• I don't know about every guy, but for me "cute" is like another category of attractive. Beautiful, pretty, cute, these are all words I choose when I compliment a girl based on how I think she looks and feels overall. By feel I mean as in what vibe I get from her.

• Cute is never a bad thing. It means your whole person is attractive (looks, personality, sense of humor, etc)

• No, it's not a bad thing - at least I don't find it to be.

• you are cue + sexy. nothing to worry about.

• no, that's a great thing!

• Is not

• i can't review this pic as pic is taken from very close.

• You're cute like a pug is cute.

• no cute is a good thing and by the way you look good

• no it good

• Ya know wot cute means exactly?

Not ugly... but I'd not bang... dat's it...

• So, when people say that I'm cute, they mean that I'm plain but not unfortunate-looking?

• Oh ok:). Thank you. That's helpful.

• No problem...

• Sexy is as sexy does, sir.

• I really don't present myself as sexy though. I try to dress conservatively, and I hardly ever flirt with guys. If I do, it's more in a giggly, girlish way. I let the guy do most of the talking. I also don't purposefully carry myself in a sensual way. I don't mean to be "sexy."

• So you don't try too hard... that's sexy too.

• Oh okay lol.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• You are gorgeous! And trust me, I get the cute thing all the time. It's not a bad thing. I hope, lol. ;) I think it's not. But girl, you're gorgeous! <3

• I've been called cute before and i just take it as a compliment, u should too and no it doesn't mean you are ugly. I think it's like pretty but with a spark of innocence

• No! Cute, pretty and sexy are all synonyms of beautiful. And you are.