Is calling a girl "big boned" insulting... Girls, Would YOU be insulted if a guy called you "big boned"?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• It originally meant (and still means) "having a bone structure that is massive in contrast with the surrounding flesh"

I was in the Navy and definitely fit, but had trouble getting uniforms to fit because I have very wide shoulders and a large chest. I was not in any way fat, but I am large boned.

However, now the urban dictionary defines it as "An excuse used by fat people when they don't want to admit that they are fat."

• It is an insult if you are a girl but not if you are a guy! Man things get confusing as hell sometimes!

• It means fat. If someone called me big boned, I'd say they're high cause I'm not fat in any sense... Besides my chode 😂😂😂

• You're calling her fat

• I don't see that as an insult.
    It's a fact that bigger bones exist.

• No, it could mean that she has a large frame, not necessarily fat

What Girls Said 11

• There is no such thing... Have you ever seen a skeleton?

It's just simething people invented as an excuse for people who can't lose weight for whatever reason, and they decide to label the. As "big boned"... So in other words, they're calling you fat in a supposedly 'less insulting' way...

I wouldn't really care, but if take it that they think I'm fat if simeone referred to me as such.

• I would be insulted. I have no idea why people feel the need to tell people they are fat. Like I'm sure they own a mirror and are aware of their size. They have to buy clothes. And maybe they are happy with their size? To me, it just makes people feel bad unnecessarily.

• Well, seeing as it's usually used as a euphemism for fat, I'd be a little insulted.

• I think you are small boned 👏🏻☺️

• I wish I were big boned lol but I'm more "heavy boned" if that's a thing because I weigh a lot but look very thin.

• it's not insulting, most models have large frames, it means you look skinny at a higher weight than small framed people. i wouldn't be offended because i'm not big boned and i'm so obviously not that it would be dumb for anyone to say that.

• I dunno.. I don't think they're really such a thing as big boned. Even if you had small bones you could still get fat. My grandpa told me I had the ankles of a horse LOL. Thaaanks gramps.

• I wouldn't, I prefer my larger frame over petite as it helps me in athletic activities and other cases.

• I dont really care what people have to say about my body. If you are trying to insult someone hit them with something heavy

• Alright Ms. Big boneD

• yes I would feel insulted but its better than being called flat out fat

• Interesting, I'd prefer being called fat

• Absolutely.

• Nah if he does not mean it in a hurtful way 😇