Curvy or Skinny?

I weigh about 160 pounds and I'm 4'10.5" with big boobs and butt for my size. I'm in my second year of high school and I've gotten some comments on multiple areas of my body. Some girls say "Wow your boobs are huge!" and I feel like I get weird looks walking down the halls to class. I've noticed that the majority of my school is compiled of skinny girls. I see most of them with boyfriends and I can't help but feel subconscious since I think it may be because of the way I look. So, with this paragraph leading up to my question, here it is: Do guys prefer skinny or curvy girls more?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah... its kinda hard to judge without pictures but if you don't feel comfortable posting any body photos asking for ratings then I'd say (tentatively of course) that you SOUND "curvy" and not "unattractively fat" Judging from girls commenting on your boobs being huge (as guys tend not to comment on the size of a girls boobs unless they're suicidal lol :P), I'd guess that your boobs are bigger than your belly, which makes you "curvy" (unless the girls at your school are so skinny that anything bigger than a B or C looks huge to them :$).

To answer your question directly:
    I and most guys I know prefer "curvy" to skinny. This is because curvy implies that the woman in question has:
    1. A big ass relative to waist size (wide hips)
    2. Big boobs relative to waist size (healthy genetics + a HEALTHY amount of body fat)
    3. Large (but not too large) thighs (wide hips + healthy amount of body fat)

Skinny implies:
    1. Small/flat ass (small or slight hips)
    2. Small or non-existent boobs (unhealthy genetics + a complete or near-complete lack of body fat)
    3. Small thighs (small/slight hips + a complete or near-complete lack of body fat)

Some guys prefer skinny due to Freudian stuff or for other sexual reasons, but the majority of men prefer "curvy" women simply because big boobs + wide hips make you physically fit to be a mother (according to the male brain) and shows that you have a healthy amount of body fat, meaning you have access to steady food but the self-control to not simply binge. Honestly I'm uncertain about that 160 pounds to that 4'10.5 though... My personal rule with things like that is:

If your boobs and your butt are bigger than (go out farther than) your belly you're fine. So try applying that and see what you conclude.

• Since when did big boobs become an indicator of healthy genetics, may I ask you? 😐

• That only explains that it's a genetical thing, but still doesn't answer my question.

• @BiscuitesSwag For the same reason wide hips are an indicator of healthy genetics. both indicate that the woman who owns these attributes is, genetically speaking, better prepared for motherhood. That's why men are so fascinated by breasts, especially large ones (to a point of course)

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi there! To answer your question: honestly you can't really group guys into a "skinny girls" or "curvy girls" box. Everyone has different tastes and it all depends on the guy.

That being said, I have something else to say: you are most likely not "curvy" (curvy implying that you are at a healthy weight with a larger bust and hips/butt). I'm eight inches taller than you and I weigh twenty pounds less, and I am definitely on the "curvy" side and not at all model thin. From the sound of it you are extremely overweight, especially for your height. Now, me saying this is in no way an attempt to bring you down, however, your health is important and at your current weight you are not healthy. I know I may be walking into a hornet's nest by saying this, but you are slowly killing yourself at your current weight, you are going to bring about all sorts of health issues such as diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure), heart disease, etc. Please consider seeing a doctor or nutritionist/physical trainer and try to get to a healthy weight.

Also, I know I did not explain this as well as I probably could have so check out the website "Rush University Medical Center - Ideal Height and Weight Chart" (I can't put the link in) because it has a detailed explanation of healthy weight for your height as well as some helpful charts and a BMI calculator that may prove useful.

I hope it clears things up a little, and I truly hope you realize the danger you are putting yourself in at this weight and you attempt to make a lifestyle change. Your health is incredibly important, and only you can fix it!

What Guys Said 18

• Men prefer women who have meat on them. Don't mind the skinny girls you see in magazines, because the fashion of today is dictated by complete faggots. Strait men want girls who have healthy amounts of meat on them, and thin isn't always healthy, and too think definitely isn't. You should be proud you have huge tits, because that's just like a dude who is hung like a horse :). Not saying I am, it's a decent size, but to the point... don't get too skinny or too fat and be proud of your nice boobies. ANd if you have a puddytat with big lips, BONUS!

Hope this helps :)

• I prefer skinny and curvy. You get curves by having a great shape and improving it at the gym, otherwise you aren't curvy, you are fluffy.

• You aren't curvy, you're just fat

• lol in what way is 160 pounds fat?

• @babyspice you don't understand! Stupid gifs are my thing! I NEED IIIITTTT... That time was a spongebob reference I was too lazy to post so that counts. Also, random, but me imagining you saying that in a British accent absolutely made my night!

• haha im glad

• I prefer skinny. average or some extra curves is totally fine too, but honestly your weight with your height sounds overweight, but difficult to say without knowing how you look

• i like skinny girls but the next guy will prefer something to get hold of so dont worry about who likes what as there is someone for everyone

• You should be proud of those boobs, you'll have guys after you left and right. Guys prefer curvy girls because who wants to date a stick figure😂

• Big boobs doesn't count if you fat OP

• there is no way to tell from a description. everyone carries weight differently

• You are not curvy. You are fat.

Lose weight, like 60 or 70 pounds worth.

• I prefer girls. All girls are beautiful. It's heart connection. Curvy out skinny out chubby are second part.

• 160 pounds for 4 feet girl , now thats a big problem with big boobs :p , I prefer a athletic/bikini body type 5' 5 ( apprx) girl

• I love both curvy and skinny but it just depends on how curvy the girl is or how skinny.. I can't judge without picture anyway.

• Damn you're short and that weight.

• don't mind skinny but I prefer curvy girls.. not necessarily obese but cute and sexy curvy.

• share your body as a pic

• By curvy do u mean chubby?
    I prefer more petite girls

• Most guys like skinny girls with a medium-large breasts and ass. This combination rarely exists, and guys then differ on whether they prefer overall thicker to get the breasts and ass, or overall more petite.
    160 lbs sounds very heavy for your height. My suspicion is you're above what most guys consider 'curvy'. You don't need to be 'skinny', and many guys generally find short with curves hot. But you're probably a little above that.

• i like curvy

What Girls Said 9

• incorrect use of word ''curvy''

• Boobs don't count if you're fat. My boobs would be huge if I was 50lbs overweight too.

But seriously you're weight is worrisome. You are medically obese which can cause many health problems in the future. You would need to about a foot taller to weigh that much and be healthy. You should consider seeing a doctor.

• That's not curvy anymore but obese. You really need to loose some weight for the sake of your health.
    Some guys like curvy, some skinny, but I would say about 99% like healthy girls.

• 160 lbs at 4"10, you have a BMI of 33, that's very unhealthy!

• A pic would help so much better.

• Well... how do you look like doesn't count so much... the most important thing is that your body is fit and healthy... for example I've just lost almost 10 kg (20 pounds) because of I had little leakage issues... it could seem strange but now I'm OK, being overweight made me to suffer from lbl... and losing weight has foxed it up!!

So it is not relevant what the other think about your Wight, the important part is your health

• I'm not trying to be an ass but you're obese. Obesity isn't the same as being curvy.

• One of my pet peeves is the misuse of the word curvy! Argh!!!

• Your fat.
    50 % like curvy
    50 % like skinny