Guys, Guys being put off/intimidated by my interests and style?

I know this may sound like a weird scenario, but I know it's happening! I'm in my later teens and to name some of my hobbies/interests: I love cars ( especially 60's-70's American muscle cars) working on them, fixing them up, etc. I do Taxidermy and make my own fur pelts, I make Jewelry out of deer antler, love heavy metal, - haha I won't bother putting all the subgenres. And those are just a few of my hobbies/interests! Also, my personality is quite serious but I am super friendly to people I first meet. I like to wear manly darker colors, my homemade jewelry, lots of silver rings, leather bracelet, stud belt and my G shock. and in general I dress pretty tomboyish. And to add, I also workout a lot and lift weights. Anyways, when I tell my other guy friends / new guys I meet they almost seem put off or "intimidated". That's the only word I can think of to discribe it. So what are your thoughts? I mean, yeah when I'm talking to guys and I end up knowing more than them about cars or something I get how it might be weird. I don't know!

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys brains probably trying to fit you into a label but can't so they are standoffish. A girl who knows more about manly stuff then me would be intimidating, not cause she actually is, because society has trained me that those things are manly not feminine, and I would feel emasculated around you.

What Guys Said 10

• I am surprised by the word "intimidated" - You sound really interesting to me maybe guys your age are just used to certain types of girls - Going through the school system girls especially may seem less inclined to express their individuality - Possibly you are just an early developer in the individuality stakes - I am not going to come all out in favour of individuals or people who prefer to stay mainstream - It is just I believe there is plenty of space in the world for everyone's personality.
    As I often say on here I would much prefer to really connect with a small group than to be "Liked" or "Be Popular" with a big crowd. I don't know if you are asking this question with any romantic connotations plus I don't know your orientation or if you are single but if you are talking about dating, keep being yourself and you will meet enough people, of which some will say "Wow, I am into that as well" or "That sounds interesting" and maybe you will make a romantic connection with some.
    Finally last thought, life after high school is usually a bit more expansive and you will probably find it easier to be yourself and a lot more people will come out of their shells. In conclusion, I say this to most on questions like this, be patient, keep being yourself and change only for yourself not others. Last, last thought if I read question wrong, sorry if not best of luck.

• your the type of lady that i would love to get to know. the guys dont know what they are missing over looking you.

• Awh thanks! Yeah it seems like younger guys ( at least where I live) just skateboard and surf and want to date the typical "beach girl" nothing makes me want to gag more to be honest.

• honestly i just wish i was 20 years younger. the guy you are looking for is out there and i hope you find him or he finds you.

• Thank you! I know he's out there somewhere!

• For me it is important to have a fun with a girl, to have nice conversation and also the girl to be beautiful and attractive. Other things, as clothing style and "weird" interests she has are not that much important. I am interested in many different things, so I can have a good conversation with different persons. Also, around 70% of girls are attractive for me, including girls with your clothing style. But I am much older than people you probably date, so I can't say about them. They may be less acepting of differences or "weird" things. But life experience makes people more open, I think.

• You sound like my type of girl.

• Haha thank you! 😉

• Homeschooled nerds rock!

• Always! :)

• Nope 💁
    Not at all weird
    Specially that car loving part :P
    I love cars *vrooooooom* lol
    It maybe BC guys around you likes girly girl's 😶

• You have your own interests and that's good. Nobody likes people who conform to everything, it just isn't realistic.

• you seem like a challenging girl and guys love that.

• What do you mean by challenging though? In conversation? Thanks :)

• www.google.nl/search

how could that be your number one when you got the ford mustangšŸ˜

• Ah the classic 67! One of my faves. But it's the body style of the charger that just lights a fire in me!

• its not that weird, you just not girly as other girls and thats ok. its totally normal.

• everygirl has hobbies/interests that turn off men. not just you hon.

• Ask me out ;)