People call me beautiful but I can't see it?

All the time people tell me im beautiful. My parents friends, my family heck even strangers. I dont want to seem arrogant because im complaining about something really nice. But i really dont see it. i hate myself and my looks more than anything. I feel like a really ugly person when i look in the mirror and I always just think people are being polite. Usually when people say compliment me I just say thanks because i dont want to start an argument where i just keep denying it and all that stupif stuff. Does anyone have advice on how to feel better?

(16, F)

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you made ur mind to think like you are not beautiful. So whenever you look yourself in the mirror, your brain creates the same image as you like to think as yourself. Dont worry I used to think like I'm good looking not soo beautiful. But I noticed girls tell me I'm very beautiful, in bar they desperately hit on me. So now I become confident and I feel like ya I'm really beautiful :) :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel the exact same sometimes - don't worry you're not alone X

Just remember, you always judge yourself harsher than how other people judge you - if someone gives you a specific compliment about a certain feature, ask them about why they think it's so beautiful - it will help you view yourself from the other person's perspective and will also give you an outsider's opinion on yourself X

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe see a professional and work on your self esteem and how you see yourself. I think it's also normal for your age. Just look around this site. You're not the only one.

• pictureeeeeee

• pics

What Girls Said 1

• Would be better if you post a photo ;) then we can say