Girls, would you cut your hair if you had really bad spilt ends?

My hair is like Medium Length (a litte past my shouders). but a good inch or two of it has really bad split ends and the ends of my hair are really thin. Because i try to keep my length, i cut a little bit at a time hoping itll get repaired but it just stays the same. im really wanting to just cut the inch or two off but im scared that won't do anything and itll keep splitting and ill have to cut more and more!. i do wear clip in extensions and i kinda feel like thats what maybe making my ends thin but i dont know. what do you think i should do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Cut 2 or 3 inches off, making sure to cut enough off to remove all of the split ends. Your hair will grow back all nice and healthy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll cut my side bangs myself, but not the rest of my hair. It'd look uneven if I did it.

At this point, I'd recommend going to a salon for a professional to take care of it. My hair is always nice and soft after getting a haircut. You could also ask her about shampoos, conditioners, and heat protectors that would help with protecting your hair.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Yes. Split ends don't look healthy to me. I don't bother cutting my hair as long as I get rid of those split ends.

• yes its better to get rid of split ends

• Yes cut it. Hair grows back, I wouldn't worry. Heck my hair was below my hips and I cut it shoulder length just last month. Lol that's more than half my hair 😂

• The extensions won't make the ends thin... Unless u have been clipping them on the ends?

I was like you trying to grow it with split ends and didn't want to cut it, i eventually just let my hairdresser do it, now i have been seeing her every 4-6 weeks and finally my hair is actually growing nicely, my hair is now the length it was before she cut it, but in much better condition!

Just take a breath and cut, will be worth it in the end :)