I wonder, what if there was nothing?

I wonder, what if there was nothing. No life, no universe, not even a black abyss, not even any thought to propose what nothing meant. Just __________. Either all the matter in the universe has existed forever, or at some point from nothingness, all the matter in the universe suddenly appeared. Neither of these make sense.

• i wonder this too
  • who cares

Most Helpful Guy

• But then I realize that nothing cannot form from nothing. Likewise, rules of behavior and the interactions of particles, waves, and fields cannot spontaneously create and justify themselves without impetus.

At this point in our species' development, matters of faith, science, and philosophy are too indistinguishable to be categorized easily. Food for thought, in any case.

What Guys Said 4

• Many people get paid to answer such questions and many others do it as a hobby :). Anyway, are you planning to get a PhD in physics?

• yeah thats sad

• Sounds like something that put me in deep depression for years.

• Whilst I wonder this too, at the moment I am wondering why this question is in 'How Do I look?' even more! Although, clearly, if 'there was nothing', you would look like nothing so I suppose it might be relevant?

What Girls Said 3

• Yes. I also think when we die is there literally just nothingness? If we are reincarnated, why, we won't even remember this so what's the point? If there is a heaven what's the point of that, sounds boring to live in perfect paradise. I don't know I think a lot.

• If you think about time in terms of Einsteins theory of relativity, your death is taking place right now and so is your birth. Time is just context for your perspective. It begins, it ends, both and everything exist simultaneously and eternally.

• Exactly, which is why most things are rather boring and pointless.

• I agree without. But sometime i feel like there is something greater than a purpose, if i look at a beautiful night-sky full of stars, i can forget my very existence

• Yeah, I wonder the same thing. I used to think about death a lot when I was younger & how the world would carry on without me too aha, it used to scare me.

• Who cares 😁Just enjoying life😌