Guys, What is wrong with me? Am I unapproachable or something?

Guys. Please help me understand. I am not someone who brags about looks or anything. People, my girl friends included, always tells me that I'm very pretty, cute, etc. girls are always complimenting me on my looks, smile, hair, smarts, clothes. But the thing is, when at school, to me it seems as if the guys don't find me attractive (it feels like that to me) guys are always asking my friends out or approaching them. No guy has approached me at school yet or anywhere. And my friends and I fall in the same category based on looks. The only difference is that I have never had a boyfriend yet (and I'm 18 years old) I have never kissed anyone yet, I am super into books as in a bookworm, I take my schooling seriously, I am shy with new people but with my friends and once I get used to a person I will be very outspoken and fun. When guys talk to me for the first time they would tell me that they always thought that I was a mean girl cause I looked like someone who would tell them off for speaking to me, but now that they're actually talking to me they realize that I'm actually the total opposite. And when I tell them (guys and girl) that I've never dated before or kissed someone before than they'd be super shocked and not believe me at first. Also why is it that when I'm with my friends guys doesn't approach me, but when I'm walking alone, which rarely happens, then they approach me and greet me? I know I'm always bubbly and smiling with my friends and when alone I'm quiet. Please guys. Help me understand!

4

Most Helpful Guy

• I think a key clue is the notion that strangers think that you are mean by how you look. For whatever reason there is a disconnect between your body language with strangers and your personality. If you can identify what that is, perhaps you can adjust your persona that is broadcast to the world to better fit who you are.

Here's what I had to say about dating and shyness:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a6760-dating-while-shy-in-an-aggressive-world

What Guys Said 3

• You might have answered it already; boys think you are mean :o you remind me of several of my friends that have the same issue

• Maybe you have a resting bitch face?

It's always RBF in this kind of situation.

• Guys are getting sick of always being the ones that have to make the first move and getting rejected (it's expected we will be because we usually are). Guys have all the same thoughts, feelings and insecurities that women do but we're expected to ignore them and make the first move anyway. How fair is that? So my advice, you make the first move and approach guys you like or find interesting. It will be a refreshing change.