Do guys stare at me because of my nose?

I know it's big, and I absolutely hate it but there's nothing I can do it about unless I get surgery even though I don't think a smaller nose would suit my face. I think i'm pretty enough from the front but my nose just ruins it from the side. It's like a long, thin pointy nose. I see guys staring at me, even doing double takes but i'm worried it's just because of my nose. I'm so self conscious about it, it's taken a lot to even post here. It's so bad i'm even scared to meet up with guys from a dating site i'm on, I only have pictures from the front on it. Do guys actually stare at noses? or cause i'm ugly?

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's another woman guys that can't see how sexy she really is, how sad is that? I don't know what the hell you are so worried about guys check you out because your hot and extremely attractive and your insecurity is inside your own head, these guys looking at you see all of you and want you like a crackhead wants crack cocaine, don't you get, you're gorgeous!! Sheesh, take a hot bath and relax... lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you look really pretty regardless. Your self-consciousness is probably more likely to put guys off than your nose. Embrace it and remind yourself of all your positive qualities.

On dating sites, it might be worth it to add a picture where you can see your nose from the side, to put your mind at ease about meeting people. Not to get off topic here, but I think it's better to add average looking pictures of yourself so that the guy is pleasantly surprised when seeing you in person.

• yeah I just think it would be weird to upload a side profile like the one in my profile picture on a dating site? :)

What Guys Said 11

• I'm more attracted to girls with bigger noses for some reason. I can't explain it but it just makes a girls face look really sexy. Something different. In a great way.

• Looks totally normal to me, it certainly looks good from the angle your profile picture is taken.

• I don't know if it's your nose. They might be staring because of your beauty.

• its not that big

• I think it's because they're attracted to you.

• Nope.

• doubtful. You look kinda attractive, so they probably stare for that reason.

• yeah true

• They're staring at you cuz you're attractive and pretty😊

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• May be

Stop worrying about it

• It looks fine to me. Possibility that they are double taking because they think you're attractive?

• I just never thought of that. In my head my nose is huge. So I always thought they were staring at it

• You are your worst critic. I have a under cut jaw which makes my resting face look like I'm seriously frowning like grumpy cat and it's even worse from the side. I'm really self conscious about it especially when people are taking random photos. There isn't much I can do about it as of yet it's a big process of getting braces for about a year and then saving money (although my boyfriend said as soon as he gets a job after uni he will pay for it) and getting jaw surgery. I've learnt to just live with it until then, be confident, and just smile.

• I think women notice things like that more than men. If you have an extremely disproportionate nose it would be ugly... but most bigger nosed girls look fine. I knew a girl who actually had a pretty big snauze, like a big hump and she was so pretty and had no issue getting men's attention. She was super confident too, embrace your face girl. You're prob gorgeous and your nose comes across as bigger to you than other people.